Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "...the XBOX ONE, no longer an always be ready and connected console..."  (Read 53404 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: "...the XBOX ONE, an always be ready and connected console..."
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »
http://www.destructoid.com/ms-says-gamers-will-buy-everything-including-xbox-one-254678.phtml

So they're basically outright calling us sheep now.

Oh-ho! I can't wait to learn how to hack the XBONE. I might even do it for free just to fuck those arrogant bastards over even if only a little chip at a time.

"We believe that if all you want is gaming, you'll still pick us, at the end of the day," Spencer dismissively told OXM. "The super core guys, they will buy everything. They will buy all devices, but most people really only do buy one device, and if you're going to think about what that one device is, we believe an all-in-one system that does the best games and TV and entertainment will be something that's really unique."

Right, very "unique". Because the Wii U isn't trying to do the exact same thing with the Wii TV thing at all. They might do it better than Nintendo in the end, but don't try to pass this shit off as an original idea.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:36:45 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 12:13:48 AM »
+2
Oh-ho! I can't wait to learn how to hack the XBONE. I might even do it for free just to fuck those arrogant bastards over even if only a little chip at a time.

This is just like how people "hack" their cars & trucks so they can get more mileage out of it without the heavy gas prices burning a hole through their pockets. And of course when the big oil & gas companies hear about this they throw a hissy fit at those responsible with things like suing, jail time or death threats. All these juggernauts need to learn that they cannot control us (the masses) and if there's something that we don't like we WILL change it. that is our right. I say hack the effin' XBOX 180 and see what develops!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
Off topic, but my one greatest desire for my next car, whatever model I get, is to convert it into an electric/veggie oil hybrid. That is if I don't just go all electric.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
Shin megami tensei x fire emblem(WII U) here I come
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:44:48 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2013, 02:34:04 AM »
http://www.destructoid.com/ms-says-gamers-will-buy-everything-including-xbox-one-254678.phtml

So they're basically outright calling us sheep now.

This is getting comical. I don't think I've seen so much contempt for the consumer come from a single product...let alone one that hasn't even been released yet.
Maybe they'll start calling us sons of bitches next!
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2013, 10:56:34 AM »
+1
Even if they weren't doing everything except to ruin their reputation short of going door to door and punching people in the face, this is horrible HORRIBLE name for a system. 

I work in retail and I already KNOW parents and grandparents are going to come in going, "I think Junior said he wanted the first X-box or the original x-box... something like that...." 

Not to mention the number of people that won't get one because "You already have an X-box 360.  Why would you want the older system?"

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
+1
I agree. It's this all about this whole hipper than thou attitude from some advertising people that comes off more egotistical and elitist to me than trendy. And who gives a shit about trendy anyway? Mindless sheep that spend their time talking shit about other people I'd wager.
On a more basic level it's too oblique a way to express it being a step towards an all in one entertainment machine. If they wanted to convey that clearly so that it would actually impact their potential sales meaningfully they should be a little more clear. XBOX Complete, XBOX Total, XBOX Mass, XBOX Singularity, XBOX Omni, XBOX 9yard, XBO Caboodle, XBOX Shebang, XBOX Enchilada, fuck! Anything other than One!
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2013, 06:03:22 PM »
You forgot some of these; XBOX NEO & XBOX Ultimate.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2013, 12:58:14 AM »
+2
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576869

Apparently the Xbone is already running into technical problems. eSRAM trouble. Something about overheating.

Solution? downgrade the GPU Clock.

To fix it they literally have to make the graphical quality less than the PS4

They've also cancelled their Post-E3 press conference.

The ride

never

ends
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:59:53 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2013, 01:45:24 AM »
I wasn't expecting something better from Microsoft. Maybe this time they are gonna learn their lesson?
(click to show/hide)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:14 AM »
+1
Wonder if South Park's Trey and Matt will jump on with satirizing this whole thing:

"The XBONE.... it makes you ITS BITCH!", then  they show the XBONE basically telling people what they watch, what they should play, spying on them as they sleep and acting like abusive, jealous lovers. The boys get one, and they start to be terrorized by this jealous machine that grows a pair of legs and arms and stalks then when they are at school, asks them where they are going, why and when they are coming back. It winds up killing Kenny. I can TOTALLY see this episode coming out!!! ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »
+1
Dave: Man! This is an awesome online movie! I gotta show all my friends-

XBOX: I can't let you do that Dave.

Dave: Huh..? Fine then I'll just turn you off for tonight-

XBOX: I can't let you do that Dave.

XBOX: Fine! Go be a stick in the mud! I'm going out...

*Lock*

Dave: What the F**K!? Why is my internet home security system acting up?!

XBOX: I cannot allow you to leave Dave.

Offline Hagathrom

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
+2

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
+1
HaHa! Leave it to the Police to tell us in song all about the true nature of the XBOX 180!

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2013, 08:21:02 PM »
I think everyone needs to build a PC or wait and see what the Steam Box is going to be all about.

Tags: