Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Second-Character GBA Modes  (Read 3885 times)

Offline NicholasDuffy

• Castlevania 1986-Forever
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Second-Character GBA Modes
« on: October 05, 2007, 04:24:56 PM »
Give me your opinion. Don't you think that they slack off so badly on the no-plot Maxim and Julius Modes for HoD and AoS? I mean I hate Maxim mode, because I always forget the direction to go when Triple jumping my way to the end in like 15 minutes, and he gets hit by the weakest enemies losing alot of health. The only plus side is the healing move, but it costs 50 hearts. Julius mode is quite boring, and when skipping some bosses Graham becomes a huge pain, considering he gets hit by the meteor fireballs to easily losing 100 health points. Graham's final form is hard to beat as well since the super-cross attack dosen't do that much damage as it could. Anybody agree?

Discuss.

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 04:58:08 PM »
I actually enjoyed Maxim mode more than Juste but how can you forget were to go ? all the doors are unlocked so all you have to do is kick the crap out of all the bosses in castle A then go to castle B. Its not like you were with Juste when you have to switch castles constantly. And did you know there is a "Map" in the game? and did you know that if you watch it you wont get lost?

For AoS i agree Julius mode was boring but come on even if you dont kill all the bosses Graham is still one of the easiest boss in the game. Using grand cross on graham final form is just stupid, when the cross finishes you will most likely be hit by his hands or a lightning bolt.

Offline NicholasDuffy

• Castlevania 1986-Forever
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Second-Character GBA Modes
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 12:05:52 PM »
I actually enjoyed Maxim mode more than Juste but how can you forget were to go ? all the doors are unlocked so all you have to do is kick the crap out of all the bosses in castle A then go to castle B. Its not like you were with Juste when you have to switch castles constantly. And did you know there is a "Map" in the game? and did you know that if you watch it you wont get lost?

For AoS i agree Julius mode was boring but come on even if you dont kill all the bosses Graham is still one of the easiest boss in the game. Using grand cross on graham final form is just stupid, when the cross finishes you will most likely be hit by his hands or a lightning bolt.

Good point, I am done 80% in Maxim mode right now, but I still disagree with the open doors thing. You did back up your statement quite perfectly though, so thanks. And julius mode stinks. It is way to easy, until you get to Graham Form 2.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »
Atleast AoS Julius plays 100x better than DoS Julius...

Tags: