Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Most disappointing Castlevania Moment  (Read 54065 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Most disappointing Castlevania Moment
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »
Portrait of Ruin

Agreed, especially its empty filler extra modes. There wasn't an extra mode worse than those, especially the completely butchered gameplay in sisters mode, something that was absolutely not castlevania and should have never been made, at least for storyline vital characters mode.

Wonko

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »
Most disappointing moment would be like, right now with DX Chronicles. Not with the game itself, but with some of the things I've read from people, like the Kotaku guy giving info on how to access SOTN so people don't have to "Suffer through the Rondo remake dying pointless deaths" (not an actual quote but damn pretty close to what the guy said.)

Disappointed at people saying the game is too hard because the controls are "horrible". Just because the character walks instead of running doesn't mean the controls are bad, bad control would be an unresponsive piece of shift that doesn't let you do what you want.

People that say they bought this just for SOTN make me sad. But hey, it's their choice, if it means the game will sell more so IGA can make the next console CV in 2D or 2.5D, more power to them.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 03:21:32 PM »
In Reply To #5

Hit the NES with your I SMELL A COWARD, IS THAT YOU HULK to make a hole!
Yeah, I was gonna write "sledgehammer," but I don't want to make too much sense, now :P

Most disappointing moment? I think I've been trying to avoid those for a while now. I thought HoD kinda fizzled out, but the game was uneven in general (luminous cavern, argh).

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 03:29:27 PM »
Julius Mode's "Ending" in DOS.

if your going to make an alternate chaaracter mode that's frusteratingly hard that has actual meaning to the storyline, give it a freaking meaningful conclusion. I was so pissed when I got what we got. that's the only time in a Castlevania game where i felt both "Frusteration" pissed and "Getting shafted" pissed.

PoR's Sister mode. I agree with Serio that they should not have given the touch screen gameplay to the prologue mode, because it just doesn't make sense.

by the time Stella and Loretta make it to Brauner, they are obviously perfectly capable of kicking his ass, plus you can't fight dracula this way, either.

Generally, the fan reaction to PoR as well. I think the fan base is way, WAY too hard on it.
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 03:32:51 PM »
Julius mode was hard?

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 03:44:33 PM »
In Reply To #20

I thought it was, especially Abbadon, and there was a lot of tedius grinding.

Julius mode is  a bit of a sore spot with me because it had a good story--your main game protagonist that you have followed for two games has ultimately turned evil, and I grinded through the mode hoping to get a great emotional payoff of this storyline, dying about 20 times each to Abbadon and Soma, only to find out that there is ZERO payoff
on this storyline.

that was the biggest castlevania dissapointment, in my opinion.

PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »
In Reply To #3 and #4

Jerks.

Why does everyone hate CoD???? Sure, it was a bit wierd at times, like the fact that IGA threw in an electric guitar as a weapon and a toilet and slot machine as part of the chairquest but still.......I think it was an awesome game!

Too repitive to be excused, extremely bland graphics, idiotic AI, and voice acting that made me want to slam my head through a window...
...you know what, it could have been worse...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 03:57:50 PM »
The pathetic level design in both Curse of Darkness and Portrait of Ruin comes immediately to mind, but those are probably just recent examples. 

I remember being kinda pissed when I played CV2 back in the day.  I adored the first one, but I was too young to comprehend what the second game was.  I kept thinking, "Wow, this is the longest level ever.  Where is the boss?  When am I going to get to the castle?"

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 04:09:29 PM »
There are so many. Here are just a couple, in no particular order. Spoilers:

1.Trevor not being the main character in CoD.

2.Trevor getting stabbed in CoD.

3.Trevor not even being mentioned in CoD's credits. How can  they not even tell you what happened to him, especially   with what happened?!

4.Finding out that a Japanese exchange student from the       future is now the reincarnation of Dracula.

5.Having to fight and defeat Richter as Jonathon Morris, as   if he could actually defeat a true Belmont.

6.The origin of the Vampire Killer...it was just given to   Leon by Rinaldo.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
In Reply To #9 and #11

You guys are awesome.

In Reply To #12

Yeah that is fun!!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »
6.The origin of the Vampire Killer...it was just given to

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 04:45:35 PM »
Hydra boss in DXC and CoD's long halls.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »
Alucard's new VA and the anime art for the two DS games.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 05:27:24 PM »
Another thing is the Art for Yoko in AoS. Am I the only one that feared for my life whenever I had to talk to her? She was the only scary thing in any castlevania game.

I was a bit dissapointed by HoD in general because of needless backtracking and lack of difficulty (and juste's circus outfit.) If there wasn't a front dash or afterimage I would probably have sold the game...and the fact that I got the double-pack.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

johnnyd2

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 05:48:23 PM »
im surprised no one else posted this, i was dissapointed that you didnt get to fight Dmitri again (or Celia for that matter) in DOS. i mean, the way he "Died" was kinda a copout, we saw him blow Arikado away, if you were going to put "Giant fleshy skeleton boss" in there, at least let Dmitri fight before dieing. plus, Celia shouldve been a boss, i mean that room in the garden stage was just for a cut scene? it had the space for a boss battle, why not?

Tags: