Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (Castlevania): Demon Castle Alucard (Akumajou Arukado Gaiden or whatever)  (Read 6505 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
To blow off some insomnia steam, here's an idea I thought of for a game.

Alucard's backstory fleshed out. The intro would begin with the murder of Lisa. Kid Alucard (heh) watches her mom die. Flash to a gloomy, huge mansion after this. Dead silence. Mathias sits perfectly still, reading. One of his most trusted allies, accompanied by his human bodyguards, comes in. He kneels. Mathias turns around to face him.

Closeup to the dude. He has a worried look on his face as he begins to break the news. "My lord..".

Back to little Al, running teary-eyed. Unknown to him, he is chased by vampire hunters. Back to Mathias. He puts his hands on his face, his eyes turn red and he lets out a surge of energy as he roars sorrowfully. The energy immolates the bodyguards.

Back to Al. He sees his chasers, stumbles and tries to hide from them. But they find him and as they are about to stake him, papa Drac shows up and brutally tears every hunter to pieces. After the massacre, he goes to Al, kneels, hugs him and puts his hands on his shoulders.

"Do you see the true monsters before you, Adrian? Those who plague this world? It is that same disease that took your mother from us."

Al sobs. Drac continues.

"But we are strong. And it is the strong who remake the world".

Al's face is filled with rage.

"I want them dead, father! The animals that did this!"

"We will get them. And we will rule all of them and then crush them. Together, as father and son".

Cue credits, accompanied by artwork that depicts Drac training Al, commanding a horde of vampires and both of them committing atrocities against the humans.

The game would begin as Drac leaves the country to prepare for the upcoming war. This leaves Al in charge of the "operation". Initially, Alucard would be murderous and vile, prowling the night with his father's minions. But Lisa's words would echo in his head and he would eventually turn into a Batman-sort of vigilante who starts to right wrongs in
secret from his father's allies. Initially, the enemies would be rival vampires, demons and vampire hunters. This is how Alucard would meet Sonia, a young vampire huntress and, at least in this timeline, the sister of Trevor Belmont.

The game would let you explore villages/cities from the rooftops to the streets, using vampiric abilities. You could do all sorts of sidequests or just sandbox the time away. The main conflict woul be between an order of corrupt humans and demonic creatures that want to take over Drac's domain while he's away. Alucard intially fights them because his loyalty to his father remains in some form until the end of the game, but also because unlike the vengeful Drac, their motivation is simply power. So, he upgrades himself throughout the game and uses an early version of The Castle, to fight the order.

In case it would make people go: "this is so un-CV and it goes against the canon", I would accept using the title of Demon Castle Gaiden etc.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:05:11 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Sounds interesting, actually.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It sounded pretty good up until the mention of Sonia, and sandbox.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Sandbox was perhaps the wrong word. I didn't mean you could go all GTA. "Free-roaming" or "non-linear" are better words.

As for Sonia, I wouldn't try to make him fit into the current canon and she wouldn't necesarrily be a huge love interest of Al. She wouldn't even have to be called Sonia, but I would prefer her to be a female Belmont.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Ah, ok. That sounds fine.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Uzo just dislikes anything Legends, so he's biased against Sonia being mentioned anywhere.

I'm fine with all of these things, and indeed it sounds interesting, but...

...perhaps you shouldn't have Lisa killed right away.  You should have her captured, so that young Alucard (Kid Dracula hah hah) gets to see her in her last moments, in order for him to hear her words.  That way, when he hears them, he does his heel-face turn in a proper fashion.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Hey now, I don't simply hate Legends. I played it all the way through. It was an OK game. I just had a retarded plot that tangled itself in contradictions. Sonia was a cool character with a great design, but she probably shouldn't be reused over a completely new Belmont lady. Not only for less confusion and continuity reasons, but just for the sake of a new female Belmont in itself.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Dont forget the deal with Alucard's childhood friend and Butler. The one who he turned into a vampire? (from the radio drama)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Don't forget about the Librarian too. He obviously knew Alucard whenever it was the last time they met.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Don't forget about the Librarian too. He obviously knew Alucard whenever it was the last time they met.

I'm feeling lazy to search for it, but is there a complete translation available?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
This sounds interesting, except for the Sonia thing.  Let's forget the Belmonts for this.  This also sounds like it could be a RPG.  It would be great to see Alucard's past and get some insight on how he thinks and how he eventually became the Alucard we have come to know.  Also, keep in mind that he would be a teenager at this point.  Alucard and raging hormones.  Anyone else perplexed by this idea?  I mean we're so used to seeing him calm and in control.

As I said, this sounds like an interesting idea.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
This would be great as a 3D title in the same vains of Simon's Quest...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: