Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Sequelitis talks about Castlevania & Simon's Quest (possibly old?)  (Read 9298 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Sequelitis talks about Castlevania & Simon's Quest (possibly old?)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »
I think I... I think I watched it, I think somebody posted it before and I have a bad feeling it was you jorge. Stop reposting stuff!! 

I'M JUST KIDDING! That video is great, and as much as I like the nerd, I love egoraptor because HE'S FU**ING CRAZY and when I say crazy I mean WHAT THE HELL EGORAPTOR WERE YOU DROPPED ON THE HEAD AS A BABY
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Sequelitis talks about Castlevania & Simon's Quest (possibly old?)
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »
Got three suggestions for you. 1 CursEd editor, 2 Simon's Quest Redacted and C for Castlevania more variety of recurring enemies.
I.E. more than one type of zombie, fish man and spiders. Knights, bats, ghosts, skeledragons/pillars of bones and skeletons all have more than one type in the game. Oh another thing put some traps over water. There are no bone pillars in the mansions. Those are a few ideas. Other than that Egoraptor and AVGN have pretty much pointed out all the epic... no the saga of fail in this game.

Yeah, there is a definite need for a greater variety of  enemies and better enemy placement. I would do away with the hefty penalty for getting a game over. I'd use the churches for save points instead of starting you exactly where you died too. Not to mention the inclusion of SOMETHING to whip at besides enemies. I'm looking at you, braziers. And definitely have to have gold for currency, hearts for sub-weapons, and a larger variety of consumable items. I'd do all this in GameMaker since by the time I'm done with my CV: The Demon Castle fangame I'll have a perfectly usable engine with all the sub-weapons and most of the items already programmed in.
"Stuff and things."

anything