Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pachislot III?  (Read 56949 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
Kiyuto blogged that Pachislot III passed approval and speculated if it is coming soon.  I think a new Pachislot game might help get some fans out of the doldrums of the Lords of Shadow universe.  Sure, its not a "real" game, but they tend to offer a lot of flashy videos and artwork of the "real" Castlevania universe (or at least the characters).  It means that it's not dead and forgotten at the very least.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Kiyuhito/Pachislot_Akumajo_Dracula_III

So, do we get some more Angela?  Might Alucard, Sypha, Grant, or Hector make an appearance this time?  A plot?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:24:57 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:24:15 PM »
Nice, seeing those flashy cinematics always makes me excited. I hope they use other characters this time, though.

Fingers crossed for Pachislot 25th Anniversary cheap cash in edition~   
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:27:26 PM by Nagumo »

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »
if they're still bent on reusing assets, maybe they could make the adventure based on Leon Belmont instead of Trevor this time?  Joachim could even appear in Trevor's time.

For good measure, here's the link to Pachislot II's page.  There seems to be newer artwork since the last time I checked, but I have no idea how long the artwork has been there.

http://www.kpenet.jp/dracula2.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:37:26 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »
Great, just another Pachislot game, that we are never gonna play.......Konami is really disappointing me......
Ruler of Chaos

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »
Anniversary for Castlevania? What is that? Oh wait, hold on, here; A port of a terrible game a year later with no additional content!

What? Not good enough for you? How about Pachislot III! Problem?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 12:53:02 PM »
I'd take a pachislot any day of the week over more Lords of Shadow bullshit.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 01:03:10 PM »
I'd take a pachislot any day of the week over more Lords of Shadow bullshit.

Count me in!!! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
I can't say I'd take a glorified slot machine over a solid action adventure game. Even when you factor in the Castlevania name.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »
Personally, I favor cheap cash in spin-off over betrayal. 

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
>Still no Anniversary product

>New Pachislot

>MFW
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 01:56:09 PM »
Alright another Castlevania game that nobody wanted!

Can't wait till Konami announces the Castlevania Tower Defense game.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 02:31:32 PM »
Alright another Castlevania game that nobody wanted!

Can't wait till Konami announces the Castlevania Tower Defense game.
Amen. All those wasted graphics, would it be so hard to of done a next generation 3D Castlevania in the veins of LOS with the original graphics. I'd take a next gen 3D Remake of Dracula's Curse any day!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 03:34:37 PM »
Pachislot won't do much for me, honestly. If they really want to do something awesome, they'll adapt The Arcade for PS3/360 Move & Kinect. Or just PS3, since I already have it 8)

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »
I'd love to play a Pachislot game on the bus on my iPhone or something like that.  They did release the first one on phones in Japan.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:38:36 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »
And yeah, what everyone else already said. This is a completely needless project.

Tags:

anything