Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pachislot III?  (Read 56951 times)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
I don't understand why anyone cares about this bullshit...  Konami needs to announce a real Castlevania game.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2011, 12:43:40 PM »
You asked - I explained. Just normal dialog.

I'm not quite sure how your usual nagging about IGA is relevant here. How does it relate to what we were discussing before you suddenly started rambling about that?   

It's basically like saying that if Konami release a toilet paper with art from SOTN you will consider it a worthy of Castlevania name, because it has an art of the series. And Alucard. In the center of a roll.

yes toilet paper with an art

So having image of the Trevor and some music from the past games in the gambling machine makes this machine by default as good and interesting as past Castlevania games.

Nice try, but that's not what I said. In terms of aesthetics it's a lot closer to the rest of the series (which includes all games) than los ever did. I'm not saying that makes it any good or interesting as those games, but it personally makes me favor it over los.

It's no wonder that with such "fans" (or should i say "fanboys" who couldn't accept anything beyond they "dream!Castlevania") the series curently in a quite shaky state.

YOU DONT ACCEPT CHANGE

Lol, this is such a pathetic argument. Just because some people here don't like the new direction doesn't mean they are not open to new ideas at all. This has been pointed out countless times, so get over it.             

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Pachislot III?
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »
i'm so angry at lords of shadow that i'm going to say this slot machine game is more of a castlevania game (even though its a hilariously silly statement) than it grrr

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2011, 12:59:53 PM »
Too bad I'm right.   

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
yes, a slot machine that features trevor interacting with a chick with really big tits (which is one of the selling points for it by the way) is more of a castlevania game than lords of shadow.

damn you david cox i'll get you for this

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2011, 01:09:44 PM »
Yes, it's indeed. Enjoy your goblins. 

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »
damn you david cox i'll get you for this

Leave David's Cox out of this.

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2011, 01:16:54 PM »
those wily goblins ruining castlevania, argh! this isn't lord of the rings!

i honestly can't say that even while playing the game i gave them any thought at all.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2011, 01:20:29 PM »
Not even when those chupacabras kept stealing your magic & running away to play hide n seek? Or grabbing goblins in a timed QTE just to throw a grenade at a structure?

Those events required some thought patterns HEH

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2011, 01:23:17 PM »
haha, i meant like sitting there thinking "hmm, they weren't in a previous castlevania, this doesn't fit!!"

it'd be like getting upset over killer clowns in dawn of sorrow, seriously why even care about them? kill them and move on  :)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2011, 01:23:56 PM »
Goblins were more of an example that show how uninspired and horrible los is. If there would have been goblins in past games they would have been designed with more creative sense.       

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »
how? they're goblins and they look like goblins. what would you even want added to them?

WHAT

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »
I think they look pretty bad, but explaining why would make me seem insane so I won't.

I guess you can't really argue with Nagumo because she just prefers the aesthetic of the older games compared to LoS. I mean, personally, the things I liked about LoS are just its environments. I guess you could say there's more personality injected into the old ones too, considering everyone knows how LoS riffed things from del Toro and LoTR. Though LoS did attempt additional flourishes like toenails on spiders, but I don't like those. An example would be how the skeletons in the old ones chucked bones from their rib-cages, or Medusa heads. LoS is a more derivative naglin in that case.

Kinda a matter of personal opinion though.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »
Dunno, but that's one the reasons why I like the series. Monsters from different mythology with a fresh spin given to them. 

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
god, LoS haters complaining again...

Like thernz said, and I agree, The environments are the high point of the game, I can play it over and over JUST to see the spectacle of well done beautiful environments...

also, I would like to add there is only one way LoS can destroy all other 3dvanias... Medusa Heads, this is essentially a HUGE element for a castlevania game.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: