Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Trying to help out a friend, maybe you can help.  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Raib314

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Trying to help out a friend, maybe you can help.
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:14:40 PM »
Hey, guys. A friend of mine made a Castlevania clone, which he coded and did the beautiful sprite work himself. It has its own story, but plays very similar to NES era Castlevania. However he has only released a few levels as a demo. I want him to finish but he needs motivation. If you have time or nothing better to do, could you check out his game and whether you like it or not, leave him some comments on what you liked/didn't. Or email me your opinions and I'll show him. Thanks...

Link: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/190234-slayer-demo

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Trying to help out a friend, maybe you can help.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:07 AM »
+1
I'll move this topic to Fan Stuff.

It's a good start.  Certainly a lot of the stuff is great, especially the way the character does the sword swings.  Reminds me of Actraiser a little.
However, the jumping mechanics are so stiff and the character feels really heavy.
That and the game has really cheap enemy placement at times.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Raib314

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »
Thanks for checking it out, I agree about the jumping and have mentioned as much. Also, thank you for moving the thread, sorry about its placement.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »
The resolution system is completely broken. It changes my desktop resolution, without asking, and for no reason, since the game is STILL in windowed mode at this point. This is incredibly annoying.

Also, no custom controls? When I realized this, that's where I quit.

Please fix these and I'll actually play it. Otherwise, its too much of a hassle, sorry.

Tags:

anything