Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2399982 times)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It's going to have a new engine. I remember correctly reading on Cox's twitter awhile back that the engine used in LoS was in fact an old one MS had for some time.

We know better than to take anything cox says at face value :P

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
someone needs to make a meme for us

new castlevania game announced -> the fanbase goes wild with speculation
screenshots & videos shown throughout the coming months -> fanbase speculation grows with some concern
game released -> fanbase either likes or loves it
game available for several months -> fans begin to point out flaws, heavily criticized, love gradually slips away
game released for a year or more -> fans feel they were "led on," hope the next game turns out better

rinse, repeat

You can honestly apply that to anything too!
Like a band you like and their new cd releasing...

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

new castlevania game announced -> the fanbase goes wild with speculation
screenshots & videos shown throughout the coming months -> fanbase speculation grows with some concern
game released -> fanbase either likes or loves it
game available for several months -> fans begin to point out flaws, heavily criticized, love gradually slips away
game released for a year or more -> fans feel they were "led on," hope the next game turns out better

rinse, repeat

I'd argue this applies to anything with a fanbase older than 10 years.

Except for Apple. They're magicians.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
The new ms engine from my understanding is to be everything the last one was, but improved to me that means a better framerate.
Exactly.

That's not what I call new at all. New engines would mean "doing everything from the ground". Companies normally says they do, but the truth is that they don't.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
such is the fate of mortals. i assume some dark force was behind Maria's transformation, but that doesn't matter now

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Guys what if we search some symbolism in those 2 images?
I can bet that that dragon image was the symbol of Vlad II.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

That's not what I call new at all. New engines would mean "doing everything from the ground". Companies normally says they do, but the truth is that they don't.

Well it's not like we have seen it or anything, but if does every aspect better than their old engine ever could, then I am all game for it. Maybe MS engine V2 or something. I am just happy that it is suppose to blow the old engine out of the water.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Guys what if we search some symbolism in those 2 images?
I can bet that that dragon image was the symbol of Vlad II.

Maybe Gabriel will become a tyrannical dictator. It'll help Dracula seem threatening again.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Well it's not like we have seen it or anything, but if does every aspect better than their old engine ever could, then I am all game for it. Maybe MS engine V2 or something. I am just happy that it is suppose to blow the old engine out of the water.
That's why any type of criticism before we see the actual game running aren't really valid. I want to see the game running without slowdowns before I start praising the engine.

The best part of it was the rendering of the scenarios. Shit was beaultiful as fuck, dat mountain view of the castle...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
The best part of it was the rendering of the scenarios. Shit was beaultiful as fuck, dat mountain view of the castle...
Oh man, that's still one of my favorite moments of the game. LoS was so pretty.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Yup, the vistas are the best part of LoS. They're on par with the Uncharted series.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I started feeling real gothic CV vibe the moment we entered Crow's pass and all those crows flew outta nowhere, with that tower in the background.

The Fortress areas themselves weren't too bad, but Malphas' Tower was real cool.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
"Castlevania: The Dragon Returns" I can't be the only one who immediately envisioned a Belmont crossed with Bruce Lee, defeating Dracula with a series of head kicks.
But no seriously it makes a fair amount of sense, Dracula = Son of the Dragon and all that.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder why it's called "The Dragon Returns" when Dracula hasn't officially showed up in the new series yet. Maybe he's the big baddy of Mirror of Fate.

Or maybe it's Konami just saying "yea we know, he wasn't in LoS but for real he's back this time."