Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula's Curse art...scenes from the game  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Dracula's Curse art...scenes from the game
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »
Here's a couple of simple sketches I've been working on in dedication to CVIII. I plan to make dozens more. These are some various scenes from the game like the clocktower stage. I'm working on some panels at moment depicting the battle between Trevor and Grant. As for Sypha's background, I'd say the best way to identify it is the familiar sunset stage where you fight the mummies and pazuzu. I also threw in some slight color matching for the palettes in the actual stages, nothing too spot on though. 

http://greenstranger.deviantart.com/#/d51p3ec

http://greenstranger.deviantart.com/#/d51p40x

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Dracula's Curse art...scenes from the game
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
Really awesome man. Incredible work, I wish I had skills like that :33

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »
Nice  ;)

Sypha's outfit really  fits well within the times they are represented in. Also it's nice to see Trevor's original outfit as well. CoD's Trevor should stayed with that look as it too, is more in with the time of the game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
+1
Those are really great! The only thing I don't like is Sypha is way too busty, I don't understand why artists do that. Especially in CV judgment. People seem to forget Sypha was disguised as a man. Also, I just think busty women in video games/ comics, etc. is just ridiculous all the time.

But really great artwork!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:58:59 AM »
Also, I just think busty women in video games/ comics, etc. is just ridiculous all the time.

If you take a look at the history of humankind, out of all the three main genus' it is the Caucasoid women that have the largest of breast size. Nowadays it's pretty-much all around. But back before the whole of the Earth became a mixing pot, the aforementioned was true. Sypha's bust is about average if not leaning towards the larger side of the spectrum. And yes I can agree that her outfit, while historically accurate to many extents, Doesn't do well to hide her identity. But it's the old artistic license at work here. i personally like it as it stays true to her character unlike Judgement's design.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 02:05:19 AM »
+1
I really love your work!!! It's awesome as always.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 08:24:03 AM »
+1
Her tits look like my girl's. If she didn't have an archaic bra under that, you wouldn't notice the tits much. But I see a lot of girls with tits like that every day at work. ... When they get older, I wish I wouldn't see tits like that... But on the young ones, they give me reason to come to work every day.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 08:26:32 AM »
+1
You artwork is very clean...good stuff!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:50 AM »
+1
Thanks TheouAegis for the details about tits, LOL. And also thank you for not telling any details about old tits.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 03:38:05 PM »
+1
It seems TheouAegis is a fellow boobataligist.

On topic: I think those pictures are pretty good. I also looked at some of your other stuff and IMO it's all great.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 03:54:55 PM »
Nice rack!

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 12:15:16 AM »
+1
Thanks fellas. As for Sypha's lack of sexual ambiguity with the rack size and all, lets just say that's a style I've kept up with since I first started drawing. One of my main influences in art is Adam Hughes and I guess thats where I got that sort of "shapely" technique from.

Personally I never really cared for the whole Sypha hiding her identity deal. It's not really a major plot detail that's needed to keep the game afloat. Even if she was completely covered up I'm sure Trevor and the gang could notice her nice stubble free face, a very female-like scream when she's hurt, and possibly some soft girly hands. That's just my take on the matter. Redesigning the characters to my liking is the best part about making fan art. Now I'm just wandering how I'm going to draw Alucard. Long hair or short hair?

Tags: