Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami should bring back Michiru Yamane  (Read 13033 times)

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« on: June 23, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
+1
Lords of Shadows soundtracks are good but they are nowhere near Yamane's masterpieces. How many classic tunes did she made? I heard the musical team of LoS2 is trying to make a a Guinness world record by making the largest team on a video game music. She should be one of them. I already moved on from IGA but I can't move on from changing the musical team.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Konami should bring back Michiru Yamane
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 07:41:41 PM »
+2
That's if she wants to come back. She's been independent since 2008.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »
I would like to see her back as well, but I believe she left Konami on her own free will, so I'd rather not have her forced back into it.

I do hope the series returns to it's original direction in music after LoS though, it's just not the same without the familiar poppy Konami tunes.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 08:03:55 PM »
I do believe that if Yamane and Oscar bumped heads they could create a fucking masterpiece.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
+2
There have been others who have made excellent CV scores through the series' history and not just Yamane. Any one of these artists could be brought in after the LOS composers are done.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »
You should let Konami manage their property the way they feel it.
Yamane as a guest composer? absolutely, Yamane as a new in-house composer for Konami? oh yes, Yamane as the only Castlevania composer? No

Everything comes full circle

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »
+2
I do believe that if Yamane and Oscar bumped heads they could create a fucking masterpiece.

cinematic yet catchy tunes with the epicness and style.... pure eargasms

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 01:42:31 AM »
+1
In my opinion, Yamane needed a break after Order of Ecclesia. I like the music but I never felt it was up to her previous standards, except maybe 3 excellent tracks. Also, listening to her latest work on the Skullgirls soundtrack, I am not really feeling it anymore. Again, it has maybe 2 great tracks but the rest is pretty forgettable IMO.

I do want her to make more Castlevania music, but I'd also like to see someone completely new have a go at it. I was very impressed by Jake Kauffman and his castlevaniaesque work on Bloodrayne Betrayal, but I've said that millions of times already.

But yeah, Yamane and Oscar would make an interesting duo, possibly awesome!

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:17 AM »
120 piece orchestra vs synthetizer...
Sorry dude , but if Yamane came back , konami should ban the synthetizer from the project.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:48:53 AM by Leirbag »
Whip it with fire !

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 01:53:58 AM »
+2
I think that her OOE soundtrack was one of the best in the whole series and definitely much much better then anything DOS and POR could offer. I am not sure, if it was because she was that good or because of the another composer, though. I am not exactly against her return, but not in the LOS series.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 02:04:53 AM »
I think that her OOE soundtrack was one of the best in the whole series and definitely much much better then anything DOS and POR could offer.

Yeah, I get that a lot from people. Dunno, I'm just not hearing it. Personally I think PoR has the best soundtrack of any handheld Castlevania, which is ironic since the actual game is probably my least favorite. Well, well... opinions!

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 02:18:23 AM »
+2
Sorry dude , but if Yamane came back , konami should ban the synthetizer from the project.
So SotN, LoI and CoD were produced from a synth, is that what you are trying to say?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 03:08:48 AM »
+1

You are wrong my friend here, because Yamane has an orchestra composing and playing her songs and then because you see almost all Castlevania games after Symphony of The Night are for handheld consoles, she has a team that renders them into digital sounds, since nintendo handheld consoles and other companies handheld consoles have limited sound capabilities. There is an interview with her, when PoR came out that they have asked her about her music compsitions and she has answered what i have wrote above.

Here is an example:
Castlevania Lament of Innocence OST - 212 - The Cross of Fate Orchestrated version of corridor from aria of sorrow.
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Castle Corridor In game version.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:26:31 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 03:46:23 AM »
I wasn't talking about the whole stuff but some voices and other sounds that ruins the rest.
Example: the voices in here would have rendered nicer with a choir:
requiem of gods:
Castlevania SOTN Soundtrack- Requiem of the Gods
Whip it with fire !

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 04:12:55 AM »
I wasn't talking about the whole stuff but some voices and other sounds that ruins the rest.
Example: the voices in here would have rendered nicer with a choir:
requiem of gods:
Castlevania SOTN Soundtrack- Requiem of the Gods

For me sounds fine as it is, but you can't expect everything to be 100% perfect.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything