Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami should bring back Michiru Yamane  (Read 13003 times)

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Konami should bring back Michiru Yamane
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 04:39:27 AM »
In fact it would be cool to hear what she can do with a hi budget and a big orchestra
Whip it with fire !

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 08:48:43 AM »
Yeah, I get that a lot from people. Dunno, I'm just not hearing it.
Well, for me OOE OST is great because pretty much all the music in the game has the same theme going for it - "cold and melancholic". It's one of the very few games in the series where music had the general theme for it and supported mood (others being SCV4, CVB, CV64). Also, this soundtrack finally was arranged nicely as opposed to the DOS and POR OSTs which good melodies were butchered by very questonable arrangement, IMO.

In fact it would be cool to hear what she can do with a hi budget and a big orchestra
And good sound hardware that could make her songs sound good in-game.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »
Half the reason why people like Castlevania so much is because of the music. LoS took all that and flushed it down the toilet. Bring back Yamane. She brought soul into the series.

Lords of Shadow just sucks and doesn't deserve the title of "Castlevania".
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:29 AM »
+2
Half the reason why people like Castlevania so much is because of the music. LoS took all that and flushed it down the toilet. Bring back Yamane. She brought soul into the series.

Lords of Shadow just sucks and doesn't deserve the title of "Castlevania".
0/10
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »
LoS doesn't deserve THAT low of a score.. But hey, whatever you want. I was going to give it like a 4/10.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »
+3
She brought soul into the series.
Good soundtracks were in the series way back before Yamane come on board. Since the very first game in the series, to be exact. The same case with the soul. LOS has soundrack that is appropriate for what game attempt to do.
As for your LOS rant, I am with Flame on this, 0/10.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
LoS isn't a 0/10.. Done trying to argue that.  :-X

You're right about how the music for Castlevania always had soul, but this new shit just doesn't fit at all.. Maybe if I was watching Lord of the Rings.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 04:05:01 PM »
+1
See you in 3 years when the LoS canon is finished, Rugal.
(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
+2
well Cox did say the LoS trilogy should be viewed as a book; LoS2 being the absolute end/last chapter of the story. Once MercurySteam completes it, it'd be pretty pointless for another team to make more games in that canon, since every chapter would have already been completed [with MoF], so to speak.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »
well Cox did say the LoS trilogy should be viewed as a book; LoS2 being the absolute end/last chapter of the story. Once MercurySteam completes it, it'd be pretty pointless for another team to make more games in that canon, since every chapter would have already been completed [with MoF], so to speak.
I hope so, but that didn't stop Konami before (AoS pretty much finishes the old timeline)

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »
I hope so, but that didn't stop Konami before (AoS pretty much finishes the old timeline)
I don't recall Konami saying AoS was the end of the old timeline. Maybe the last(when it was released, for that time) in the timeline, but not the definite end. I always felt, though, AoS was an attempt to create a new series within the original canon. Kinda like BC and AD, DE(Dracula Era) and AD(After Dracula).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »
+5
AoS feels like the natural ending to the timeline though. You defeat the chaos within the castle, make the castle vaporize, reject your fate of becoming Dracula, thus ending the eternal struggle between Belmonts and Dracula, and giving Mathias a second chance at Humanity with someone he loves.

Alucard thanks you in the name of his mother, and Julius feels the power slipping from Vampire killer. (Probably Sara's soul finally being able to rest and therefore leaving Vampire killer) It all feels so final and so absolute. And it worked, it was well done.

The came DoS and fudged all that up.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 11:54:13 PM »
Los is here to draw the story of dracula and install a new canon for future developers.
Cox pretty much said that...
Whip it with fire !

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 04:19:15 AM »
+1
Imagine these songs type of songs on a new CV title. It would be epic even if the game fails.

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Music: Dark Palace of Waterfalls

Castlevania SOTN: Finale Toccata

I have yet to play CoD so I can't judge it's soundtrack yet.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 06:35:12 AM »
I always thought that Sotn and LoI had the best soundtracks. CoD is good but it has too much electric guitar pieces for my taste. If they ever bring back Yamane, she should do something in the vein of LoI, with dark yet very beautiful pieces that don't use too much guitar .Don't get me wrong I love the guitar as an instrument, but it doesn't convey emotions as good as a piano or a violin does, especially if it's an electric one.

Tags:

anything