Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Any Tips for Getting Through Lords of Shadow?  (Read 5646 times)

Offline Tavis Belmont

• Video Game Approved
  • Hunter in Training
  • Game on!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Any Tips for Getting Through Lords of Shadow?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »
Thanks for all the good tips. Just a heads up: I've beaten Carmilla, and I'm about to start the path to the Necromancers. I've gotta say, Carmilla was really easy. Olrox, however... what a pain. Everytime I thought I'd killed him, he regenerate. I'm liking the game with each passing chapter, but I'm still not feeling the "Castlevania-ness" of it. I'm probably gonna have to take Uzo's advice and have my folks send me my Castlevania CDs from home. That's what I get for thinking it was enough to just have them on my iPod.
Defeating evil: Apparently easy.
Defeating the Lord of Darkness with a whip and some water: Damn.
"I'm a Belmont. That's my job."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 05:27:56 PM »
Watch out when you get to the Titan Graveyard. That place is nasty.

Offline Tavis Belmont

• Video Game Approved
  • Hunter in Training
  • Game on!
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 04:53:32 PM »
Just another update. I got through to the last battle in the Land of Necromancers (End of Chapter XI). I haven't done it yet, but I can feel the end near.

I didn't have too much trouble with the Graveyard, e105, but I think that's because I took that stage extra seriously because of your post. I did, however, have trouble with the Music Box stage. I couldn't put that stage down, though, because of the music. I must've replayed it three times just to listen to the songs... even with Baba Yaga's annoying voice.

By the way, one-hitting Reapers suck. At least, I think they one-hit. I haven't let them touch me again since the first time because I think they do.

I'm getting a bit partial to Gabriel, now. Mainly because of the regret that he finally starts to show after the fight with Pan. I keep getting these narrations of how he's tired and bitter and broken... but I never saw any of that until that one small part of the game. Really good stuff.

I think I'm close to the end. Now I just need to decide whether to dive into DLC or not. Thanks for all the help.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »
Learning how to perfect guard helps immensely. That's the best way to fuel your light magic (which I used WAY more than shadow magic), and it'll be a lifesaver against Cornell, if you haven't reached him yet.

Also keep on the lookout for shockwave attacks. This can be tricky, but it can help out a lot if you can jump over them.

THIS. The Cornell battle actually taught me how to perfect block. Before that I didn't really have it down, but on my first playthrough I was unable to take down Cornell without figuring out how to time it correctly. It also came in handy during the Butcher fight.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Tavis Belmont

• Video Game Approved
  • Hunter in Training
  • Game on!
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
Well, I finally did it. I've gotta say, though, the Dracolich and The last little puzzle to reach Satan were extremely annoying, but I beat Lords of Shadow. And you know, for a breif moment, somewhere between Zobek's monologue and the ending, I got it. I got what Cox and his team were trying to do. The cutscenes really did a better job than the chapter by chapter narration to flesh out their goal for me. It even felt like Castlevania there for a little bit during the boss fight with Satan. I can't describe why, but it just did.

I'm glad I went back and played this. It wasn't a bad game, but it did take me a while to admit it was a "Castlevania" game. Now I have to decide whether or not to do the DLC, or backtrack and get all the collectibles.

Oh, I almost forgot: Falcon Punching Satan with Shadow Magic active is the funnest thing to do in the game.

Tags:

anything