Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hacking Aria of Sorrow  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 31, 2012, 03:02:45 AM »
Is there a way to hack AoS enemies? I can hack Soma sprites and some bosses... All the weapons too, but no enemies...

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:21:10 PM »
What are you trying to hack with the enemies? AI? Stats? Sprites?
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:05:42 AM »
Finding their Stats or even their AI would be helpful too, but my main goal is to hack their sprites(Yes, I know about tlp, but normal enemies are not in there, they are most likely compressed and I've seen people talking about how to decompress gba roms in order to get certain things...)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:53:40 PM »
Finding their Stats or even their AI would be helpful too, but my main goal is to hack their sprites(Yes, I know about tlp, but normal enemies are not in there, they are most likely compressed and I've seen people talking about how to decompress gba roms in order to get certain things...)

I know nothing about hacking their sprites, but I can tell you that for stats or AI you could download memhack from www.memoryhacking.com. For stats and AI it might be best to search for the enemy's HP. Stat wise, once you find one enemies max hp, all the rest should be above and below that one, along with other stats like defense, strong to/resist/weak to/absorb, etc.. You just have to figure out the structure to them.

For AI, again max HP should be searched for before you hit the enemu; then hit the enemy, and search for the new HP. Voila, AI found for that enemy; now you just have to figure out the structure here too, as well as where all the AI pointers start, and where they end. It's not hard, but it is time consuming.

Good luck.  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 02:03:57 AM »
Thanks a lot! That will be helpful... If only somebody here knew how to uncompress those graphics  :-\

Tags: