Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Angel of Destruction. Still looking for a new chief Programmer!  (Read 44694 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Angel of Destruction. Still looking for a new chief Programmer!
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2013, 09:32:43 AM »
Alright guys, this is not funny. Not funny at all. I am getting more and more frustrated as the days tick by and people refuse to step up. I have been very patient but my patience is beginning to run out.
Well FireSeraphim I warned you that this may happen. As a fan of your works I suggest you tone it down a bit. If you post in frustration, I don't think too many people will step up if any to help you. Remember, it is YOUR fan-game! I think a more productive approach is to start learning GM stuff yourself by taking a break from your main work. Maybe you could just make a demo-room (like I did for my game with MMF2) and just start the learning process without any help. Even, if it is novice work I am sure once you start to nail stuff down yourself you will get the "itch" and that will motivate you to learn more on your own without having to depend on anyone else. If I knew GM I would be more than happy to help you! Unfortunately, I am working with MMF2 as well as updating my 3D work and learning all sorts of hard goodness with that type of deal so I have my plate totally full. I do truly hope you at least start looking to learn to program the stuff yourself if no one ends up stepping up to the plate! Just some advice! ;)

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2013, 12:55:40 PM »
Alright guys, this is not funny. Not funny at all. I am getting more and more frustrated as the days tick by and people refuse to step up. I have been very patient but my patience is beginning to run out.

How about you step up.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »
Desertion among fan groups happens all the time. I discovered the same you are discovering: recruiting members is difficult, that's the reason i'm still alone with my project (except for music). There are tons of Game maker dudes, but almost everyone has their own project. Even if you find a new programmer, that doesn't mean he is the right guy 4 your project. Maybe this sound a little bit demoralizing, but darkmanx is right. Actually, there's only two things you need to do: be more patient until you find a new programmer, and/or start learning Game Maker

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »
Hey, have a little patience! There's a lot of people here supporting your work, it's not easy to form a group and make it stay together, it happens with everything, especially in fan works, where everything has to be out of love for the art, just for the sake of doing it out of passion.
Take it easy, wait, and eventually things will work out.
And if they don't, at least you can be sure you made something worth the effort, because I like what I've seen so far, and I believe many people here agree with that feeling.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »
+1
Well Fireseriphim, i must say to a good extent i  understand your pain(been their). That's why i can at the very least, let you use SCV3 and CPOC engines.Sadly i am not great at coding, a mere beginner myself. I know alot terms but can't put the mumbo jumbo together to form solid code yet. Still learning. I will say that Konstantine's advice to use wizardi's tutorials on youtube are pretty good.Also the game maker's apprentice which i am sitting down with now. That is good also. But sadly,in essence, they are a bit basic for vania games. You can get things like title screens, health bars, huds, player, and enemy movement. But not in terms of vania yet. I am under the assumption....that learning gml well will take some time.
Also relying on others for coding usually doesn't yeild too well. I"ve asked 15 or so coders(most at yoyo) and got help from 3. I am excited to have gotten help and had SCV3 as far as it has gone. But searching for dedicated coders has become tiresome imho. I am just going to take initiative, and do coding. I know it will take a long time...but not much options really. As i've said i can lend my engines, and any further knowledge or help i can give. I'd suggest to hit up yoyo forums and ask about help on this or that. But beware cause...ask to much...and they may shoot you down. I've seen it happened sometimes. They accuse people of wanting someone to code for them. They'd be better keeping they're flappy traps shut(why do they bother commenting at all if only negative bs,it's like wasted time reading that shit??). The few timesd i posted their i got shit for answers.It's almost better to find your own answers to your own questions at times if possible. But then again if you do....don't be like the many...unhelpful...be like the few....and help others. Sure their are many fan games and many lame ass excuses as to why they aren't done...usually lack of coder help or unmotivated people with nothing better to do than waste peoples time....But that being the case if you can code well at some point... Now you are in the drivers seat. That is of course if you can do artwork too. Most people are one or the other. Good coder or good artist. Some are exeptions. But in essence any of it will take time, that is a given. All i can say is don't quit, and if you need to ask questions i can provide you with whatever i know. And don't take stupid advice like settle for less on a game or whatever. That is shit and will never fly. You should always strive to get the most out of what you are doing. Well anyways figured i'd throw my 2 cents down. I wont' be around for week. But after that i'll hook you up if you like. :) :) :)

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »
As of this particular time I am going to put AOD on a deep freeze until I have a better grasp of programming knowledge. Moderators, could you please lock and trashbin this thread?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2013, 04:56:09 PM »
Sad to hear that, good luck with your studies :(
We should really have a sticky thread for "help wanted" in this section, with the first post being updated frequently (weekly maybe?) with all projects that needs help, with a link for the original thread or the name of the user that needs help. This way everyone could know who needs help more easily and the risk of the project being pushed for the 2nd page becomes 0.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »
Ha! I've been waiting for a programmer for my (in hiatus) game for nearly a decade.
 :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2013, 07:36:35 AM »
Sad to hear that, good luck with your studies :(
We should really have a sticky thread for "help wanted" in this section, with the first post being updated frequently (weekly maybe?) with all projects that needs help, with a link for the original thread or the name of the user that needs help. This way everyone could know who needs help more easily and the risk of the project being pushed for the 2nd page becomes 0.
Good idea. I was looking forward to this game.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »
As of this particular time I am going to put AOD on a deep freeze until I have a better grasp of programming knowledge. Moderators, could you please lock and trashbin this thread?
Good to hear that you are choosing to figure stuff out. I totally agree with the suggestion about you posting updates frequently. Basically, the more you are in your zone the more you will get motivated and start getting things figured out. I know it seems this all sucks at the moment, but as long as you don't give up and keep being persistent you will start to make major strides in the area.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

anything