Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Angel of Destruction. Still looking for a new chief Programmer!  (Read 44585 times)

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Angel of Destruction, My Mario/Castlevania Crossover Fangame
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »
To be honest I actually prefer the current sprites for Richter over the Konami Wai Wai World sprites. I dunno, might be just me but still.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
I am willing to use them provided that you'll willing to furnish the all the required frames since your sprite thumps mine in terms of quality. I will be pm'ing you with the original spritesheets.

@Everyone else: Here's a footage of the intro actually working.

AOD Intro Cutscene

and some older footage of Richter Belmont in action:
Angel of Destruction Richter Belmont Demonstration
Please keep in mind that we have implemented the multiplier stone and completely iron out all of Richter's bugs since then.

Did I mention that Bigworm has been an utter godsend so far, since he's the chief programmer for this project? Let's just say it started with an offer he couldn't refuse. =D
I'm sold. The only problem I may see is, you should make some new sprites for Richter for the ability to ride Yoshi or have like different suits like Frog Richter or something. My point is couldn't you just play the whole game as Richter without switching or vice versa? There should be some strategy involved when switching between the characters with the enemies. For example, for my game there are enemies that have shields. When you are in gun mode, the bullets bounce from the shields. You have to switch to whip mode to destroy the shields. Then when the enemies are exposed, you whip is ineffective and you have to go back into gun mode to destroy the enemy completely. Stuff like that...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 09:09:56 PM »
Okay, I want to bugtest it please. You have Mario ready to water too? Im asking that because he barely appears in the video.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »
Here's a little update for what I have so far. Richter, plus a little extra. The extras were done for fun, not necessarily things you need to use.

Konami Wai Wai World sprites

Good eye. That is indeed the base I used.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 12:09:00 AM »
Wow! Awesome video! And great selection of music!
I'm really, really looking forward to play this!
You got me from the intro  :)

Good work, congratulations!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 01:43:49 AM »
@darkmanx_429: Don't worry. There will be situations where you'll want to swap between the two. Mario is the designated "Fragile Acrobat" and Richter is the designated "Slow and Clunky Tank". The levels will be designed with their respective strengths and weaknesses kept in mind.

Also at a latter date, after we get the content for the first demon done we are planning on adding a separate playable team consisting of Toad (with most of his SMB2 abilities and physics) and Maria Renard. Toad will be the "Fragile Speedster" and Maria shall be the "Amateur Acrobat" with only half the HP that Richter has.

Note to self: Really need to get to spriting more level tiles. I think I procrastinated long enough.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »
What game creation program are you using? Is that MMF2 or Construct 2?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »
@Rugal: Game Maker 8 Pro edition. (not 8.1)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:05:04 AM by FireSeraphim »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 09:32:31 AM »
Thanks for ignoring me while I try to help you...
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 09:36:35 AM »
Not all fangames are open beta. Sometimes, you don't ask for it, but rather, you get asked for it.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 01:13:02 PM »
It seems that you didnt watched the video or doesnt paid enough attention to the end of it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »
Still, you're coming off as being unnecessarily pissed here. Maybe you'd have better chances shooting him a PM?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29:27 PM »
Sorry if I sounded like this, Im not pissed off. There a plenty of way to interpret text and I didnt thought that it could sound like that. I've only said that because the end of the video shows that he needed a beta tester, so atleast to me that sentence doest made sense at the time. Buuuuut! I talked with him and its part is outdated too, he doesnt need a beta tester anymore. lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »
+1
@darkmanx_429: Don't worry. There will be situations where you'll want to swap between the two. Mario is the designated "Fragile Acrobat" and Richter is the designated "Slow and Clunky Tank". The levels will be designed with their respective strengths and weaknesses kept in mind.

Also at a latter date, after we get the content for the first demon done we are planning on adding a separate playable team consisting of Toad (with most of his SMB2 abilities and physics) and Maria Renard. Toad will be the "Fragile Speedster" and Maria shall be the "Amateur Acrobat" with only half the HP that Richter has.

Note to self: Really need to get to spriting more level tiles. I think I procrastinated long enough.
2 Player Game right?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 06:09:14 AM »
Nah, this is all single player with a option to choose from two teams, I am thinking of adding whip grapples at a later date if I can convince someone to sprite the required sprites for it. Likewise we have decided after a prolonged discussion on the IRC that we are not going to be using UZO's Richter sprites
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:12:03 AM by FireSeraphim »

anything