Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Angel of Destruction. Still looking for a new chief Programmer!  (Read 44728 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Angel of Destruction, My Mario/Castlevania Crossover Fangame
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2013, 07:31:31 PM »
I agree with Uzo's complaint about Richter being overpowered.

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »
@Maedhros: Didn't you read my reply to Uzo's post?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »
@Maedhros: Didn't you read my reply to Uzo's post?
I think they are still valid. Richter shouldn't be able to jump on enemies or get coins.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2013, 09:36:05 PM »
Lol at the people INSISTING that the game is unbalanced when they haven't even tried it yet. :rollseyes: Really guys, at least wait until it comes out and try it before you start complaining on how right you are and how wrong the game's creator is. Its one thing to give feedback: but just repeating yourselves over after getting a reply is just plain annoying.

A piece of advice FireSeraphim: Learn to just post updates on here and not waste your time replying to all the feedback you get. It will just be a waste of time as most people just have NO IDEA what is truly required to create even a very basic fan game. Just because someone plays games, does NOT mean they have any idea what it takes to create one.

But let people have their opinions, as they are entitled to do so. Ultimately, you are the creator of the game, so there is no need to explain yourself to everyone.  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
Stop being stupid Esco. I'm giving my opinion about his game based on the video I've saw, if you can't take complaints/criticism about your fangame, that's your problem, mr. mydecisionsareperfectlalalaicanthearyou .

But he made his post on a public forum, of course he's asking for feedback. It's his choice to keep the design the way he wants, I'm not saying how he should make his game. I'm giving an advice.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
Stop being stupid Esco.

Lol, nothing I do is stupid; it is just incomprehensible to someone like you. Which sounds like a personal problem; especially considering that none of my comments were personally directed at anyone.  Good luck with that. :rollseyes:

Btw............ who are you exactly, and what exactly have you contributed to ANYTHING here?

I'm giving my opinion about his game based on the video I've saw, if you can't take complaints/criticism about your fangame, that's your problem, mr. mydecisionsareperfectlalalaicanthearyou .

Lol I don't even know what you are babbling about here. Especially considering that I said that EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion above.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I am just going to stop now because I don't want Jorge to get pissed off at us both.  8) If you have more issues feel free to U2U me. Otherwise, if I see more flame bait from you, you are automatically going on my blocked list.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:02:29 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2013, 06:29:12 AM »
+2
I think they are still valid. Richter shouldn't be able to jump on enemies or get coins.

Actually, I don't think Richter shouldn't get coins. Just let Mario collect hearts on Richter's behalf, the same as Richter being able to collect coins. Otherwise the very scattered candles in the levels require you to leave Mario's control, and return to Richter, in order to collect the hearts that Mario can cause to drop with the right powerup. This is an issue especially since the character swap sequence takes WAY too long to play through.

Also;

@Esco: Just because you are not capable of assessing some gameplay elements by a video, does not mean other individuals cannot. Please do not try to limit other people to your expectations and personal limitations. Likewise, contributions to this community are not a factor in determining one's skill, talents, or worth. And while just playing games doesn't necessarily make you an expert in making them, it does not mean you cannot have some valuable insight into the game itself.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2013, 05:25:32 PM »
 I also think that its better if Richter cant kill enemies by jumping on them (maybe only really fragile enemies, like goombas and turtles only entering their shell but needing to be whipped to go away?), this way Mario can be more useful in horizontal areas if you dont have a axe to destroy blocks and enemies. Also Mario can have all that power-ups, but lets not forget that Richter have his sub-weapons as well.

About the candles, maybe it can be hit when mario jumps under it, like blocks?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »
Also Mario can have all that power-ups, but lets not forget that Richter have his sub-weapons as well.
Not to mention that while Mario loses his power-ups on hit, Richter doesn't lose his subweapons.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »
Actually, I don't think Richter shouldn't get coins.
That's what I meant initially.

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2013, 03:14:48 AM »
+1
FYI we have tweaked it so the character swapping happens at a faster rate and Mario can now collect hearts.

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7624816/Video%20Footage/AOD%20Level%203.wmv Behold!
(The reason why I'm using dropbox instead of youtube is because youtube is beginning to get big brother-ish and I don't like that)

Edit: AOD Level 3
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:26:00 PM by FireSeraphim »

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 07:36:55 PM »
What kinda shit they pulling on you?

Now that I've had time to watch this, I like how much faster and more agile Mario is to Richter, while Richter holds the edge in tankiness. From the looks of it, you are still going to allow Richter to land on enemies to damage them? Oh speaking of the partner system, are you going to make it so that you HAVE to be on the ground to swap characters?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:35:30 PM by Phoenix7786 »
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »
Just had a chance to check out the vid. Good stuff. One thing that I noticed is that Mario seems to have a harder time with the Castlevania enemies particularly the skeleton enemies while Richter seems to be able to take care of everything with his whip. You may want to balance Mario out some more so you don't have to switch between the two so often. That get's old really quick if you have to switch every other enemies or so. For some reason it still seems to me that you are able to just stay as Richter for the majority of the game but  I can't be for sure until I demo the game...as for level designers you could just map out the entire levels in gimp or photoshop and then make changes on there. Then just transfer those templates into the engine. That way anyone could basically do that with a little research into Game Maker 8 and don't have to necessarily be a master programmer or anything. That way you could make sure you have the levels set up exactly how you want them as they would just be following the layout you made in your paint program as a jpeg or something....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:52:59 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »
One thing that I noticed is that Mario seems to have a harder time with the Castlevania enemies particularly the skeleton enemies while Richter seems to be able to take care of everything with his whip.
Really? I thought it was safer to jump on them as Mario, if you can safely bounce off the skeletons' bones, seeing as Richter's whipping is so ungodly slow (noticeably slower than that of the NESvania Belmonts) and Mario's jumping is nimble enough to dodge quite a few things too.
Also, why were you throwing two crosses all the time when just one is enough? It's a waste of hearts, and just doing that once is enough to show that the Double-Shot power-up is working.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.