Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Angel of Destruction. Still looking for a new chief Programmer!  (Read 44193 times)

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Angel of Destruction. Still looking for a new chief Programmer!
« on: February 10, 2013, 03:18:26 PM »
+1
I am working on a project entitled "Angel of Destruction" (Named after a real life poisonous mushroom no less) and the gist is basicly a teamup between Mario and Richter vs. Bowser and Dracula. Anyways here's the spritesheets themselves

(click to show/hide)

There are two things I wish to point at beforehand
1.I know some programming but not enough to do anything about making the enemies AI myself or doing a near perfect implementation of Richter as a alternate playable character.
2.The intended Art direction for this project is "SMAS-SMB3" like meaning that minimizing clash as much as possible will be a priority for me.
3.I am good at making tilesets from scratch and upshading 8-bit sprites but I have never been good at making organic sprites from scratch, because of that I might request certain sprite edits that are normally beyond my skill.
4.I promise that anyone who gives me a hand will be properly credited.
5.The thing is that I would like to get the technical stuff out of the way so I can focus on level designing, Yes I'm making the levels myself.
6.I have already gotten around to implementing the tilesets I'm using so far.

I will deal with GMFMOD some more later on (due to me having problems with it not wanting to cooperate with me on DEVII, Miles of MFGG has graciously dealt with one aspect of the problem so far), as of right now I have made serious progress and I wish to share it.

The Main hubmap from which your heroes can access the six worlds this fangame will contain.  In order to get inside Dracula's Castle (which will be also be a world) you must first collect six Demon Emblems, each of these emblems symbolize aspects of Dracula
himself. A brief list of them.

The Void Emblem, The Inferno Emblem, The Shadow Emblem, The Pain Emblem, The Rage Emblem and The Malice Emblem. I have yet to decide which of the six world each of these emblems will go to but I do have a loose idea for the theme of the six world themselves.

and here's the overall world listing:
World 1: Farmland (think the first and second stage of Super Castlevania 4 and you'll get the idea)
World 2: Canyons with a bit of an old west/pre-columbian north america theme.
World 3: Forests (something akin to what you would expect from European folklore, especially German folklore). 
World 4: Swampland with a sort of south american touch to it.
World 5: Another desert-y world with an antiquity/medieval spain like theme
World 6: Icey tudra of sorts, starting off in some steppe like area then transitioning to northern ice

As I have somewhat stated I would like some volunteer programmers to deal with the Castlevania Enemies and Richter while I focus strictly on designing the levels. I also have some elaborate ideas to show more of the back story but I don't think anyone is up to it.
I suppose I might as well reveal the back story

Plot: Death has foreseen the inevitable results of what would happen if Shaft (an evil priest from CV:ROB) were allowed to proceed with his plans to resurrect Dracula and so after Dracula has been defeated once again, Death goes to the Marioverse to propose an alliance with Bowser, promising him that the Mushroom Kingdom and Princess Peach will will be his if Dracula were resurrected in this world. Consequently Dracula's corpse is brought to a new Castle on a northern island far from the Mushroom Kingdom, an Island recently conquered by Bowser with the help of Death's remnants (A handful of demons, mythological creatures and the undead still working with Death) After the new Castle is built they revive Dracula with an alchemical brew, The same alchemical brew that was responsible for bringing Bowser back from the dead in NSMBDS. Richter Belmont is witnessing all of this in the crystal ball of a mystic who was concerned about these turn of events and wished to reveal them to Richter Belmont. The mystic then reveals to Richter that there's a Portal to the Mario-verse and if he is fast enough he might be able to turn the tide against Dracula. A few days later in the Marioverse Mario and Peach are just having a conversion in her castle (much like the intro to PM64) when Ricther shows up at Peach's Castle. It is clear that Richter is exhasted from the journey to get here. Richter Belmont interrupts their conversation to warn them about Dracula. as he finished his sentence Dracula himself materialized right behind Mario while Bowser smashed through a wall in his clown car. This proves to be the ideal distraction for Death to Kidnap Princess Peach. The villains soon disappear but not before sending minions to attack Mario and Richter.

Cross-posted from my newer thread on the SMWASE Reactor board. It's still the very same fangame as before but I thought a new thread would be in order since I now have more of my ideas laid out and have made more progress since then. I also need to edit the title screen some more before I can deem it presentable.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:07:55 PM by FireSeraphim »

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Angel of Destruction, My Mario/Castlevania Crossover Fangame
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »
Ok I do not like crossover games but that map changed my mind :) I hope your game have a lot of fans!!! +1 reps for you!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »
@Zuljaras: Thank you for the praise and reputation boost. Personally I also look forward to your project and hope it does as well as mine, if not better. and now it's time for another cross-posting so you people won't be left out of the loop.

I am currently looking for a programmer or two to help me deal with three bits of my game's development.

1. Enemy AI for the Castlevania Enemies + plus a few bosses I had in mind (Only a small handful mind you, I may spell out the details in a PM if you ask me)
2. Implementing Richter Belmont and Maria Renard as playable Characters.
3. Ending my struggles with GMFMOD.

I'm not asking for everything on a silver platter, just some assistance on the stuff that's too heavy for me to handle. Likewise If anyone asks, I have alot of the sound effects from Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania 4, Castlevania Chronicles, Dracula's sound bites from The Dracula X Chronicles, and alot of sound effects and sound bites from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Edit: I have a dev screenshot of world 1. Also I figured out how the worldmap system in DEVII works for the most part. The only worrying aspect is that it doesn't seem to support warping to submaps, like this one for instance.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:28:19 PM »
Yep I am digging this idea alot too, now that I see it fleshed out more. It looks waay better than it sounds on paper...lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline SpriterDrag

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »
I'm looking forward to see how this project ends :3

BTW, I'm the guy who made the engine ;)

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »
a great work on the engine i must say

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 06:06:56 AM »
Your concept sounds funny (I hope you have cutscenes and such in your game because it sounds ripe for some fun material), and I like your world maps. I wish you the best of luck with your game. :)

Offline bigworm

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Moonlight Workshop
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »
 Hi, I'm new here too first post.
  Anyway, great concept.  I would never figured those two games to go together.  Looks Great so far.  Cant wait till Its Out! :D

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 01:42:53 AM »
Thank you everyone. Likewise I got to work frankenspriting the demon emblems:

I editted the Glyph sprites from OOE and the E-reader coins from SMA4 in order to make them, basicly these demon emblems are just a macgruffin you get after beating a boss, but players must collect all six in order to access Dracula's Castle. Likewise you should notice that the big worldmap in the opening post is designed with this gameplay element in mind. I have a loose plot idea for them, but I'm not going to reveal it right now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:04:37 AM by FireSeraphim »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »
Pretty cool, will a hidden one exist too? For a secret world for example?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline FireSeraphim

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 01:22:08 PM »
@Lelygax:No, there won't be a demon emblem for a hidden world. but I am thinking about a special world of sorts.

Quote from: Crossposted from the official topic on the SMWASE Reactor

A small preview of the first level. please pardon me for using .bmp instead of .png, My copy of Gadwin Printscreen was not set up right earlier.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 01:29:47 PM »
Nice! I love the SMAS style Richter graphics.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
You know that even MS Paint can convert a image to .png right? lol

I like what I see there.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »
Richter looks boss!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 10:23:08 PM »
Make a mezclature of castlevania and mario with the flower and rainbow, it will be look like a game of igarashi, with colors for children and caricature of castlevania. They know the joke now, but is serius i think this i sayed.