Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ys Series Finally in English, Ys V Translation finished  (Read 8356 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Ys Series Finally in English, Ys V Translation finished
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »
Last time I checked, the Chinese company that ported Ys 7 is working on an English release of the game... but that's been a long time since the announcement and the initial release never got the attention of the pirating community to make a working crack, so the SecuROM won't block out the Translation attempts on it...

aaaaand I tried purchasing this game a year ago, blew $20 on a service that cannot even order the game, so I am screwed on getting a real Ys Seven experience on PC

Then this amazing program named PPSSPP fixed all my issues

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »
I just finished The Oath in Felghana on PSP and it was one hell of an adventure. It was my first game in the series, and I really wanna get my hands on some of the other games. Now as I know, there are a few different game types, right?

-OiF, Origin, and The Ark of Napishtim are platformer/hack-n-slash types.
-Seven and Memories of Celceta are combat-focused hack-n-slashes with party systems.
-I & II are the ram into enemies at an off-angle to damage them types.
-V is a more classic Seiken Densetsu-esque action-RPG type, etc. etc.

Will I actually enjoy the other types? I know I really want my hands on AoN, Origin, Seven, and MoC, as those look really awesome (well, AoN looks pretty good anyway), but I'm kinda iffy on playing the other games. I tried playing the SNES version of Wanderers from Ys in its original side-scrolling glory, and it kinda bored me.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
Ys III is wierd, every port of the game is very different, I'd say the PC-Engine version was best, PS2 version is sleeper easy mode

Speaking of which, be sure to check out Ys IV: Dawn of Ys, though its not canon, it's still one hell of a game

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 11:08:14 PM »
Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I was wondering if any of ya'll that played the patch for Ys V could help me out? I've encountered a horrible glitch, which I'm pretty sure is the result of the patch.

First, I followed the instructions of applying the patch in the exact way Aeon told to do (rename the .ips file and the .smc file to the exact name, and then just play with ZSNES). The game seemed to be working perfectly fine, and I was enjoying the hell outta this. I just recently beat the boss that leads to the Water Crystal, where it was yoinked by Terra and her thugs. I backtracked to Xandria, where I spent LOADS of money on the Friesa sword, and sold my Talwar.

However, when I went out to the field, I pressed the attack button, and the screen became garbled, and sent me back to the title screen. I reloaded several times, and the same result happened (I even tried reloading the emulator, to no avail). Is there a way around this? I don't have the money to buy another sword, and I really do not want to replay everything all over again...

Anyone else encounter this same problem?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 12:58:23 AM »
I've not encountered any glitch in the game or patch. Maybe it's because I used a patch utility. The one I use is called Lunar ips. Give it a try Claimh Solais.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 01:04:30 AM »
Lunar IPS, making sure the file is exactly 3.00 mb (I'm pretty sure that's the right size)
that will bring best results

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »
I tried patching it through Lunar IPS. The file was exactly 3MB, but unfortunately it yielded the same results. The really strange thing is, I got the idea to sell the Friesa to give me the money to buy another Talwar, and upon pressing the attack button with the Talwar, the game still crashes. Looks like I have no choice but to just restart the game. This sucks, lol. Thanks for the help guys. :)

EDIT: Whoo! Just found out I made a save state before the boss that holds the Water Crystal! I can still play it! Let's avoid the Friesa this time around, lol. And I'll be save stating before making any purchases from here on, lol.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:14:29 AM by Claimh Solais »

Tags: