Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots  (Read 86484 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Entitled ‘Revelations’, the new content will be released on March 25th and follows fan-favourite Alucard, as exclusive new branches of the immersive storyline are uncovered.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153862246605697.1073741863.220827690696&type=1

More screens in the link.

EDIT: Trailer is up

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/alucard-rises-in-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-revelations-dlc/1100-6418388/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:54:30 AM by OSM »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
They were kind of a disaster last time, but Lords Alucard kind of makes me wish NECA would do a Lords line, even if it was only Alucard.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Oh thank god.

Until now, when the other description of this DLC was that we would see what Alucard was doing during the events of Lords of Shadow 2, that would mean we'd be playing as him in that awful black armor.

So very happy to see its his default attire.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Until now, when the other description of this DLC was that we would see what Alucard was doing during the events of Lords of Shadow 2, that would mean we'd be playing as him in that awful black armor.
He probably steals it at the very end of the DLC, he kills Zobek's original body guard and disguises himself.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I hope this DLC explains why if the only thing keeping Zobek from reading Gabriels mind about his (Gabriels) and Alucards plan to betray and kill Zobek, was the fact that 1000 years of incapacitation eroded his memory... What kept Zobek from reading Alucards mind?

Or did Alucard swipe the helmet from Magneto to keep Professor X there from reading his thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:47:16 AM by Viskod »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yay Alucard. He's so cool. Day one.

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Well, looks like there's more to explore in the Toy Maker's area. Those dancing puppets are soooo an allusion to the dancing ghosts in the original series.

Offline GigaDan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Sure, you can be a wolf, but are there wolf-doors? [/hard hitting questions]

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
I hope this DLC explains why if the only thing keeping Zobek from reading Gabriels mind about his (Gabriels) and Alucards plan to betray and kill Zobek, was the fact that 1000 years of incapacitation eroded his memory... What kept Zobek from reading Alucards mind?

Or did Alucard swipe the helmet from Magneto to keep Professor X there from reading his thoughts?

That's precisely what's bugging me. I can buy "it's all according to Keikaku" Alucard but how come Zobek never read his mind all that time?

Other than that the screens look good, looking forward to this.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
That's precisely what's bugging me. I can buy "it's all according to Keikaku" Alucard but how come Zobek never read his mind all that time?

Other than that the screens look good, looking forward to this.

Or how about how is Alucard running around inside Gabriel's head?

I mean, ideally there'll be no city levels in this DLC (false, false hope) but that doesn't explain how he's in the castle.

Also, I noticed they removed Alucard's belts. So they can re-use Dracula's animations?

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »
Well there's no reason to think Alucard couldn't actually be in the real castle itself before it fell.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 08:27:34 AM »
Man, only one week after the game released they announce the frikin DLC, I hate this world of DLC that we live on.

I will buy it if the price is fair.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 08:42:42 AM »
It was announced and known before the game came out. I don't understand the anti-DLC vitriol myself. I always appreciated additional content to games I've bought.

I think about a month afterwords is a decent enough time to release some DLC. Its time enough that a lot of people have finished the game, but its still fresh in their mind so they're more likely to want to go back and revisit it.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 09:05:38 AM »
Bergaron said they weren't developing this dlc until the game was released so I kinda expect a rush job (perhaps Konami just ordered them to rush with it so they can cut loses). On the other hand this brings the announcement of the new developers closer than we thought.

Everything comes full circle

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »
Or how about how is Alucard running around inside Gabriel's head?
The Dlc takes place before Los2, so Alucard in the castle makes sense. It must be sometime after their meet up in the prologue.

I can understand the Dlc as almost 1/3rd of all comments/reactions was "Give us playable Alucard". As long as they keep it within the castle I'm cool.

anything