Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots  (Read 87335 times)

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: LOS2: Revelations - Alucard DLC releases March 25th - First Screenshots
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:47 AM »
+4
No no no no no.

It needs Golgoth Guards, just to let us slice one to pieces.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
Getting this simply because Alucard is playable and I have money to spare. ;D

Someone brought up the possibility of this being set during the Prologue before LOS2 2 which I hope is true since that would mean no Castlevanai City.

But alas I doubt this is the case.

And also, who here thinks they are definitely going to reuse some Dracula void sword animations and attacks for Alucard?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
And also, who here thinks they are definitely going to reuse some Dracula void sword animations and attacks for Alucard?

Me (-raises hand-). Why? Because they do with the combat cross from LoS 1 and the Bloodwhip from LoS 2. There is nothing bad about that, but is to simplify the character animation, I think.

Someone here says that maybe in the end Alucard fights with the real Zobek´s bodyguard, to steal his armor. So... what if the name of the guard is Slogra or Gaibon? You known, since SCVIV that dudes are Death´s "bodyguards", or something like that. After all, coming from MS using of names, I will not be surprise with that...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:40:07 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »
The whip recycling from los2 and los1 isn't as bad as the recycling in MoF in my opinion.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »
It was announced and known before the game came out. I don't understand the anti-DLC vitriol myself. I always appreciated additional content to games I've bought.

I think about a month afterwords is a decent enough time to release some DLC. Its time enough that a lot of people have finished the game, but its still fresh in their mind so they're more likely to want to go back and revisit it.
Content supposed to be on the main game being sold after it. It could be an extra mode for finalizing the game FOR FREE included on the initial value of the game.

Specially considering how early this one is coming. Sometimes, I don't mind then.

-------

Anyway... I was pretty excited before playing the game... but now that I've played and I know it's not that good... I dunno if I really want to play this... =/

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »
Content supposed to be on the main game being sold after it. It could be an extra mode for finalizing the game FOR FREE included on the initial value of the game.

A lot of people assume that the "content" part of dlc is just being arbitrarily cut from away games, but I don't think this is a fair assumption across the board. I imagine that a lot of said content, when it involves a fair amount of new assets anyways, would not even be made to begin with if the game wasn't specifically allocated the additional money and time to work on it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:50:05 PM by derision »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 04:46:12 PM »
A lot of people assume that dlc content is just being arbitrarily cut away games, but I don't think this is fair assumption across the board. I imagine that a lot of the content of dlc would not even be made to begin with if the game wasn't specifically allocated the additional money and time to work on it.

Unless it's Javick DLC for Mass Effect 3. That was cut solely to sell Collector's (lol) Editions.

Honestly, though I won't feel scammed by this DLC as long as it delivers. No stealth and little to no modern city? I'd be a happy camper.

Seeing as Cox claimed 4-5 hours, it's probably about 3, which isn't too bad, just as long as it's not $9.99 again.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 04:51:23 PM »
A lot of people assume that dlc content is just being arbitrarily cut from away games, but I don't think this is fair assumption across the board. I imagine that a lot of the content of dlc would not even be made to begin with if the game wasn't specifically allocated the additional money and time to work on it.

But that's 99% of the DLC practices we have these days. Only a few is content that actually was made after the game finished. And I'm not even talking about skins and shit, things completely abusive, that in the past was accessible only with a Konami Code or using a special name, for example. Think of it as Richter Mode on SOTN. If it was today, it would be a paid DLC.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 04:54:35 PM »
But that's 99% of the DLC practices we have these days. Only a few is content that actually was made after the game finished. And I'm not even talking about skins and shit, things completely abusive, that in the past was accessible only with a Konami Code or using a special name, for example. Think of it as Richter Mode on SOTN. If it was today, it would be a paid DLC.

Unfortunately it's the nature of the game.

I guarantee you, if the digital technology we had today existed 10 years ago, we'd be seeing the same stuff.

Offline derision

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 05:03:02 PM »
Multiple people quoting my post before I edited it... funny how the pace of the conversation increases when not talking about Castlevania specifically.

But that's 99% of the DLC practices we have these days. Only a few is content that actually was made after the game finished.

Whether it's made after the game is finished or not is a moot point. I'm suggesting that there are certainly instances in which time and resources are given to content BECAUSE it is planned to be DLC in advance. Without that additional money and time it just wouldn't happen, or would be abridged. Developers can afford to work on such content during the initial development of the larger game since they have been allocated additional resources and can even further mitigate the costs because of it being priced separately. Granted this does not happen all the time but it is worth noting the very real possibility.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:12:11 PM by derision »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 05:07:42 PM »
Unfortunately it's the nature of the game.

I guarantee you, if the digital technology we had today existed 10 years ago, we'd be seeing the same stuff.
I'm sure it would be the case. Hopefully I was born at the right time.

Multiple people quoting my post before I edited it... funny how the pace of the conversation increases when not talking about Castlevania specifically.

Whether it's made after the game is finished or not is a moot point. I'm suggesting that there are certainly instances in which time and resources are given to content BECAUSE it is planned to be DLC is advance. Without that additional money and time it just wouldn't happen, or would be abridged. Granted this does not happen all the time but it is worth noting the very real possibility.
Then companies should learn to shut they mouths. Annoucing DLC before the game is released is pretty ridiculous, as anyone will think the content could be included on the game.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:09:36 PM by Maedhros »

Offline derision

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 05:22:33 PM »
Then companies should learn to shut they mouths. Annoucing DLC before the game is released is pretty ridiculous, as anyone will think the content could be included on the game.

Luckily that's not happening here, is it? I don't have an issue with expansions being revealed close but after a game's release (several weeks seems fair), since developers/publishers are going to want to attract as much attention as they can of their current/prospective player base before they move on and are no longer receptive to news about a particular game.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:25:46 PM by derision »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 05:41:19 PM »
+6

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »
Luckily that's not happening here, is it? I don't have an issue with expansions being revealed close but after a game's release (several weeks seems fair), since developers/publishers are going to want to attract as much attention as they can of their current/prospective player base before they move on and are no longer receptive to news about a particular game.
They announced MONTHS before plans for DLC on this game, when they were asked.

Offline derision

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »
They announced MONTHS before plans for DLC on this game, when they were asked.

Send me a link to this "announcement" since you can't expect me to find it when searches are flooded with recent news about Revelations. I hope you're not referring to Cox's "if we do dlc it won't be like LoS1" thing, or his "maybe" when asked about a potential piece of dlc.

Also, a hint or announcement of yet-to-be-defined dlc doesn't indicate much more to me than "this game will be supported with additional content in the future". Not anywhere in the same ballpark as what I was referring to, in which specific dlc is deliberately defined and flaunted before release.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:42:16 PM by derision »