Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Transformers: Age of Extinction  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« on: March 08, 2014, 08:47:48 AM »
So after the first trailer hit I'm more convinced than ever that I'm going to likely hate this movie even more than the first three and the only reason I'll watch it at all is Dinobots, or more just Grimlock since all the other originals were scrapped for this. On that note I'd like to go ahead give Michael Bay a fourth "fuck you for raping my childhood" award since I have no faith whatsoever that this film will do anything at all different.

In addition whoever was in  charge of choosing directors for Transformers and G.I.Joe, good job dipshit(s), you got it exactly backwards. Next time hire the war guy to do your war franchise and the sci-fi guy to do the alien robot franchise. Asshats.

Thoughts? Comments? Feelings? Does anyone even care enough to make a post at this point?
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 10:18:35 AM »
I only ever saw two out of the three transformers movies. Dark of the moon is an afterthought at this point. Never did see any of the G.I.Joe flicks either. Although I enjoyed the PS3 game. To me the Transformer movies really don't live up to their cartoon counterparts. The bots are way too primitive and clunky. They break apart at the slightest impact and they use automobile fluids?? I don't think so. Also their weapons are supposed to be energy-based, not projectile-based unless they're firing off rockets. Also what the hell happened to Megatron's Battleship; The Nemesis? That was one of the main hallmark moments I was waiting for in the movie and it never showed. Instead the Nemesis is nothing more then a wreck rusting away on one of Jupiter's moons where 'The Fallen' was dwelling in the second movie. Really anticlimactic. And speaking of the fallen. Since when does Megatron ever take orders?! He doesn't! Megatron leads. Exclamation mark! The only time he did take orders was from Unicron and that was only to avoid an early demise. And he did so in order to bide his time till he was free from Unicron's control. Michael Bay has let 'His visions' ruin what could have been a modern childhood blast from the past.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 10:34:58 AM »
the inevitable reboot will likely be more faithful to the source material

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:08:02 PM »
I still have an entire collection of Transformers models lying about somewhere; I used to love these when I was younger.

Never got too invested into the storyline, though; and as far as the movies went, I reasoned that toy + movie = failure and steered clear. From the critical reception they've garnered, I don't think I've missed much. I don't exactly need to have that many more childhood memories ruined.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:09:51 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 08:39:15 PM »
Childhood memories raped and destroyed by people and their dumb visions. I agree. Just glad they never made the Castlevania movie. I can only imagine how badly that would have ended.

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 06:35:18 AM »
I've always been a huge Transformers fan, and I never liked any of the live action movies. The designs I could live with if the movies were actually well written, but they are not.

I am glad however that they have made obscene mountains upon mountains of money, because it is due to the success of the movies that we got things like Transformers Animated, which from what I hear had some really great call backs and fan service, and then later on got the absolutely exceptional Transformers Prime, which just got better each season.

Also, two really good games. War For and Fall of, Cybertron.

I wont see this movie in the theaters though, I'll probably rent it on On Demand later on. I'm just ssoooo glad they got rid of Shia Lebouf. His shtick got tiresome by the end of the first film.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 01:30:31 AM »
I'll just wait for it to come out on tv.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
Transformers Animated is AMAZING! I havent see Transformers Prime but apparently I need to

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 06:59:35 AM »
Transformers Prime has the best characterizations of Megatron and Starscream the franchise has had to date. Just hands down. Starscream especially. Over the course of the three seasons he gets some great character development and the show actually dedicates time to him figuring out who he is, what he wants, and then his acceptance of what he's actually capable of vs what he wants to be capable of.

Megatron to, doesn't change much but he's definitely more complex a character than other versions have shown him to be.

The first season starts out a little rough with the writers setting everyone up and getting all of the characters established but it just gets better and better, and the inclusions of the human characters becomes less prominent as the show goes on, but even they get development and worthwhile character moments of their own.

Really though, I have to say again, as a huge Starscream fan, Transformers Prime has the best Starscream ever.

Tags: transformers Movie