Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: November 2014 Castlevania Dungeon Sprite Contest  (Read 63007 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: November 2014 Castlevania Dungeon Sprite Contest
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
We've got a lot of talented pixel artists around. Don't just call something on the first entry you see.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 01:34:32 PM »
butit'sthesecondentryuzo

But yeah. Fantastic work aside, we've still got a good two weeks left. Plenty can happen in that timeframe, especially when you've got such skilled folks as Donoffrio (and VDK, but I dunno if he's on here or just CVBla) hanging around.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 04:46:49 PM »
Vedora's here too, but lately he seems rather busy.
In any case, if anyone's gonna top that they'd need those two weeks.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 09:03:23 PM »
OK, this is my entry:

Surely if I was a judge, you would receive my vote. Man I can totally see your inspiration coming from Chaos statues from AoS and Dracula pain, also this eye in his brain seems to me like as if his mind have some kind of parasite, while Dracula itself is suffering, magnificent indeed.

I've already thought about using that "mental dimension" in a project, but you top it and even improves in many ways the idea, Im really touched by it. Maybe it will even be my new wallpaper for some time.

Also you at the same time did a new enemy (Bloodman? Like a Mudman of blood?) a new Julius design and a new boss, wow.
I really want to see what more will come from these contests.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »
well i'm not on here much..but it's defintly going to be hard to top that amalogamation of drac form plottiwst. Very nice and yet interesting work on his final form. That's about as creepy as any sotn boss. Just Wow!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »
No offense to plot, but there are two weeks left, and I think someone with a good imagination and/or a decent knowledge of CV (and some spriting ability too!) could come up with something awesome!  I'm eager to see what else is submitted!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 03:32:26 PM »
No offense to plot, but there are two weeks left, and I think someone with a good imagination and/or a decent knowledge of CV (and some spriting ability too!) could come up with something awesome!  I'm eager to see what else is submitted!

I'm actually eager to see this happen!
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 09:26:43 PM »
OK, this is my entry:

This is Dracula final form in the 1999 battle, if the game were made by me: Dracula's Spirit. The TRUE boss here, though, is the Crimson Stone. The sprite is cut like that because this form is an entire level. But I kept the main sprite itself separate.

Read the whole concept (along with something else I did) here, at your own risk:

(click to show/hide)

Whoa?! Since you are done a bit early you really should do some animation to this sprite, I can totally see this monster moving in my mind!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »
Hopefully I can finish this monstrosity in time (the body's roughly 750 pixels wide all together). If I can't...I'll find a way to enter something decently composed. But entering the head just to sort of put myself in the running.

C'MON D9 YOU CAN DO THIS
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:44:53 AM by Dracula9 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 11:49:58 AM »
Holy Crazy Scale!

Hopefully I can finish this monstrosity in time (the body's roughly 750 pixels wide all together). If I can't...I'll find a way to enter something decently composed. But entering the head just to sort of put myself in the running.

C'MON D9 YOU CAN DO THIS

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 02:24:40 PM »

C'MON D9 YOU CAN DO THIS

Sweet baby Jesus, you have to finish this now. I also though about Dracula being a dragon, but I couldn't execute it inside the concept I had in mind.

But this is simply spectacular!
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 02:40:36 PM »
I still think you've got me beat. I just went with the easy Dracul=Dragon route, whereas you've created a masterpiece worthy of the series canon.

I'll try to finish this nightmare. My work schedule's pretty lax the next week, so if I don't get called in on an offday and nothing life-changing comes up I should be fine.

...man, it's still hard to believe only a few years ago I was churning out shitty Simon edits, and now I've got this magnificent t-rex dragon bastard.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »
Dracul=Dragon

Damnit! Now everybody's gonna think I ripped off of you. :'(
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »
Unlikely, given that Vlad II coined the name, and his son took it, six hundred years before I made this image.

Also, getting there.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »
Holy shit, you guys are going all out.

Keep at it D9. I want to see this.

anything