Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Jurassic World (A new Jurassic Park movie)  (Read 5387 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Jurassic World (A new Jurassic Park movie)
« on: November 26, 2014, 02:31:12 AM »
Jurassic World - Official Trailer (HD)

I wonder if it will be great like the 1st movie.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Jurassic World (A new Jurassic Park movie)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:55:49 AM »
This looks interesting. An operation park this time 'round! I guess Steven Spielberg couldn't stay away like he did with the third movie  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »
Just found out about this yesterday, and even though a lot people hated the third episode, well I like JP so much, I still found it very enjoyable.

Seems like they're pushing the two main plots even further: theme park & life engineering. I would have loved a more "wild island" approach but if this is what people want, why not.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 06:23:18 PM »
I didn't mind the third installment either. The Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus was definitely a more fiercer predator since the Rex was kinda losing steam after the second film. And he already stomped his way through the streets of San Diego so there was that little nod to all the Kaiju fans out there. Whether or not old Spino could have taken down the Rex or not is very hotly debated on other forums. The two species never actually met in real life so there's no way of knowing which one would have been the victor. Tests and simulations don't really cut it either. But for the purposes of the film they wanted a larger, more dangerous Dino for the stranded to contend with.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »
My favorite part is the final seconds, where Chris seems to be leading a squad of raptors, possibly to chase down the new hybrid!

That piano hits my right in the feels, too.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »
If Jeff Goldblum isn't in it, I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.

But, I'm rather interested in the new take on it. The Island of Dr. Moreau route the series has taken the last three movies, while certainly enjoyable, has kind of worn itself out, so I'm glad to see it getting what looks to be a fresh revival.

And, you know. Chris Pratt with a raptor posse. 'Nuff said.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »
I believe there was talk about the original cast regrouping for this installment, however that was years ago and plans change (so do scripts for that matter). If they do have the original actors in this film they might have cameo scenes say either in the start or end of the film. And yeah that whole Raptor posse thing is an interesting and fresh take. Since Raptors are extremely intelligent it would make sense for humans to domesticate and train them up from hatchlings, since using dogs in such a park would be futile and pointless. A super predator would look at a dog as meals on wheels, lol.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 04:08:08 AM »
Chris Pratt is on a roll! Lego Movie to Guardians of the Galaxy then this.

Dinosaur hybrid, sheesh... can't they just think of another dinosaur?
And they're calling it D-rex?

Oh well, as long as the movie lives up to the original I won't have any complaints.
That super raptor squad looks awesome!

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 12:56:57 AM »
I'm trying to figure out who and why they let open up the park to the public?

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 03:30:49 AM »
They demonstrated you can train a velociraptor, so clearly the park is safe!

Just don't watch it with RPX, that shit hurts my ears.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 12:11:24 PM »
I really hope they revisit the old park. It would be an amazing breath of nostalgia.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 06:01:32 PM »
Who knows, they might have gone back to Isla Nublar and fixed up the park. Giving it an update in both look and technology. However looking at the island as the ship approaches tells me that it might be Isla Sorna. Isla Sorna from what I've gathered is the only island out of the two where the Dinos had survived as there was talk about the 'Liceen contingency' effect in the first film. Jeff Goldblum's character mentioned the all the animals were bred liceen deficient and would die after seven days without proper liceen intake. Obviously Isla Sorna had native plant life rich in liceen but what about Isla Nublar? That island kinda fell off the face of the earth after the first movie and was only mentioned in name since then. Ah well. We'll find out eventually.

Tags: jurassic park world Movie 

anything