Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Your recommendations?...  (Read 8667 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »
I've got the after years on the Wii.  I'm not positive, but I think this was my second experience with the Final Fantasy series -- the first was Tactics Advance.  Anyway, nearly exactly as now, I had a "craving" for a good RPG.  Since the Final Fantasy titles were pretty well known, I tried After Years on the Wii.  I played the first story, loved it, bought the rest, started the second, and then thought, "I should play the game this stems from before I play this.  Since I already own two pieces (or is the interlude included in the Wii version of After Years?  I forget what was there, and my Wii isn't nearby at the moment) and since I don't own a PSP, I probably won't go that route...I appreciate the suggestion though.  I appreciate all the suggestions really!  Every now and then I get a craving to dive into a good RPG, ever since I first got into them (I'd hated the turn-taking style RPG games until I was introduced to Chrono Cross and Earthbound.) and now I've got a list of great stuff to check out!

To understand After Years you need to play FF IV before, and since it pays homage to another titles at some point, you will enjoy it fully if you also play FF I and V (but its not essential, you will only miss some references).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 02:59:47 AM »
I have a question for you X, and GuyStarwind...how is the story or character development in Grinsia?  I enjoyed and thought the story and characters were pretty great in games like FF4, Earthbound, or Chrono Trigger.  Is Grinsia comparable?  Is it not, but still decent?

The story is not as deep as FF4 or the others you've mentioned however it is interesting to say the least. It might be the only thing that would keep you playing the game since the other game elements are nothing new to write home about. There is also some humor in there too in case you were wondering. Nothing side-splitting but just enough.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 08:50:29 AM »
To understand After Years you need to play FF IV before, and since it pays homage to another titles at some point, you will enjoy it fully if you also play FF I and V (but its not essential, you will only miss some references).

Yeah...I wouldn't mind owning original cartridges for the Final Fantasy series...among many other games on the NES and SNES.  I've got this dream of having a "man cave" (to give it a name) with a massive collection of NES and SNES stuff.  First I've got to get money though...and a house! ;-P

Tags:

anything