Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I'm thinking of reopening the Sprite contest for Halloween  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'm thinking of reopening the Sprite contest for Halloween
« on: September 25, 2015, 01:50:55 AM »
Since October is around the corner, and there are more active members now, I'm reopening this contest.

I am thinking of making an easy theme so that amateurs can join in and have fun while increasing their spriting skills.
Do you guys agree with a theme revolving around fire illuminated objects like candelabras, chandeliers, fancy candles, jack-o-lanterns, etc?
The contest would rum from Oct 1 to 28. The remaining days will be for the poll and judges.

Please state your comments below. if you disagree on the theme please write your suggestions as well.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: I'm thinking of reopening the Sprite contest for Halloween
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 10:51:42 AM »
I say do it but perhaps i will not going to do any sprites since im working for some projects and it will be hard to make something, stil if its going to be easy perhaps i can enter to the contest.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »
I'll gladly join in the funmaking of the next sprite contest. I missed them while they were gone.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 03:38:04 PM »
I've missed them too.  I mean, I only participated in one, and judged a number of others, but it was all fun!  I'd like to see them back, occasionally if not on a regular basis.  (Might be good to do them less frequently?  Spread them out over our busyness?)

I'd love to try and sprite some more, though I'd have to see if I can fit it in...pretty busy with classes this semester.  I'd try though!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 10:51:50 PM »
I suppose everyone agrees that an easy theme is the way to go. I'll make the official contest page in a few days.
I'm also asking for 3 volunteers to judge this upcoming contest (judges can't join). If no one volunteers, then I'll just use a poll to determine the winner.