Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138462 times)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - Castlevania-Like Project
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2013, 03:25:08 AM »
+2
This is my last update I have just finished it! There is more work to be done but I try to polish most of the things for now :)

Castle of Nightmares - "Castlevania-like" Game Development Project PART 6 !

Comment, make suggestions, "like" (if you want) :)

PS: If you wander why the video is so bright, it is because I have set the brightness of my monitor to high :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:09:12 AM by Zuljaras »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2013, 10:44:18 AM »
It's interesting to watch your video updates as it shows the evolutionary development of your game. It is coming along nicely and I definitely want to give this title a try when you release a playable demo for us.  :)  I just wish I could sit down and do learn this stuff so I could make my own game. I've got so many ideas but can't get them out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »
Just watched the latest video, and I really like it. Keep up the good work, man! (And I love your accent too :))

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2013, 12:06:29 PM »
Implement a sprite font. Arial or whatever your using is a horrible font for games. You can implement a normal font that you find on a free fonts sight, but definitely don't use the system fonts. If you want a more gothic style font, search for Fraktur or Blackletter fonts. Or show me what kind you want and I can send you one like it.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2013, 02:49:28 PM »
Implement a sprite font. Arial or whatever your using is a horrible font for games. You can implement a normal font that you find on a free fonts sight, but definitely don't use the system fonts. If you want a more gothic style font, search for Fraktur or Blackletter fonts. Or show me what kind you want and I can send you one like it.

Yes I have sprite fonts but I have to make a new ones. The system font is just for now. However I am trying to find a way to make my game anti-decompilable.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
You can use MoleBox like Serio does with her CV Fighter game made in M.U.G.E.N.

edit: You plan to add a way to the character run? He seems to walk really slow, but jump and falls at a good speed.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:00:41 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2013, 01:32:30 AM »
You can use MoleBox like Serio does with her CV Fighter game made in M.U.G.E.N.

edit: You plan to add a way to the character run? He seems to walk really slow, but jump and falls at a good speed.

I have found a way to encrypt my exe so no worries for now :) Btw I have changed the character running speed and now he is faster and more agile.

Also thanks for the nice comments! And I see people give me reps ... thank you! :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:42:42 AM by Zuljaras »

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2013, 03:01:58 AM »
Could you guys give me some help with sites for uploading files please :) I want to know the safest way of distributing my demo of the game in the following 2-3 days :)

PS: I do not know why but some anti-virus programs are detecting my exe as it is a virus. I have scanned it with my software and it was clean. I am just telling that to inform you that I do not try to infect people's PCs with viruses and stuff :)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2013, 03:27:26 AM »
Mediafire is usually the go-to site for this kind of stuff.
As for the false positive, maybe the way it's encrypted caused it? Serio had encountered the same problem with MoleBox.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:30:48 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2013, 05:57:36 AM »
Mediafire is usually the go-to site for this kind of stuff.
As for the false positive, maybe the way it's encrypted caused it? Serio had encountered the same problem with MoleBox.

There is no problem then :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2013, 01:06:43 PM »
That or Dropbox.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 02:04:17 PM »
PS: I do not know why but some anti-virus programs are detecting my exe as it is a virus. I have scanned it with my software and it was clean. I am just telling that to inform you that I do not try to infect people's PCs with viruses and stuff :)

simply. because some  virus makers use the same encryption method that the compilation of many exe´s that exist´s in more popular languages (C++ i´m looking to you)

Offline Cursed Joe

• Hunter in Training
    • CastlevaniaOwnz
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »
Looks awesome to me. Hope you complete it, I'd totally play it.
If you ever get real bored check out my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CastlevaniaOwnz and add me, I promise to add you back

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2013, 03:58:34 AM »
It will take longer that I thought ... I want the demo to be really polished. Right now I work on the saving altar of life so when people use it they will save their progress.

I want to thank TheouAegis for helping me in the Game Maker forums with the collisions for my enemies :) So Thank you!!!

I also work on creating the main logo of the game and also the separate menu for the usable items and the menu for the spells.

PS: If anyone could point me in the right direction of how to make good dialogues or cut scenes or something like that ... for example like in Castlevania CotM or Aria of Sorrow (all in Game Maker) I would be really greatful.

I also finished the ingame portrait of the main hero :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »
It's a good attitude to have that you want to deliver to the public a really fleshed-out product so that they will support you as you continue it. I rarely see demos released that have been finally tuned so this would be a welcome sight.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."