Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania III translation hack  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »
This is pretty cool.

Many years ago there was a patch for Akumajou Densetsu that basically ripped the English text from Castlevania III and put it into the game. Awhile later, somebody else did an actual translation, which features some pretty cool story details in the intro like the Pope searching high and low for the Belmonts. (Is that in the Japanese text?) The only trouble is it doesn't use the localized names, so instead you have Ralph Belmond instead of Trevor Belmont. There's also a goofy-ass Engrish logo (as seen here).

Now, there's a fix to that hack, which keeps the name Trevor Belmont and also adds its own interesting Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse logo.

Here

Go download that shizzlenit. It's a nice way to play the original game (different difficulty and better music quality, no censorship) in English.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:45:37 PM »
I'm responsible for the logo.  ;D
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:50:04 AM »
Cool dood. So you're Vanya? I think there were a couple alternates that I might have liked more than the one settled on here. Still cool, though.

It's cool to have like a more definitive version of the game.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 01:55:49 AM »
Yeap. That's me.
I basically just gave permission to use my design and the tile mapping work I did.
One of these days I'll get around to improving it further.
I really want to change the cross cursor for the fire thingy in my mock up, but figuring out where the hell the code that writes the sprite data to the title screen has a pain in my ass.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 09:50:28 AM »
I really want to change the cross cursor for the fire thingy in my mock up, but figuring out where the hell the code that writes the sprite data to the title screen has a pain in my ass.

I take it that you're still working on your custom CV engine then, or is it on hiatus right now till you figure out the coding?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »
Awesome, I hate playing the game as Ralph. Trevor is sooo much better.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »
+2
Combine the names for maximum overdrive:
Trevor Raphael Cornelius Belmont. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 08:11:43 PM »
I take it that you're still working on your custom CV engine then, or is it on hiatus right now till you figure out the coding?

I've been concentrating on my commercial projects mostly. But I work on my various engines as the mood and inspiration hits me. I probably won't get back to the Castlevania engine until I finish my Lolo remake and my Final Fantasy engine which are both at about 50% finished.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: