Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821514 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed(?) Castlevania: Mirror of Faith
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2012, 10:16:14 AM »
EDIT: And if I recall right, didn't you say your source came from 4chan? o:
He's an anonymous, and yes. I didn't believe him for awhile either.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »
+2
I hope they include the dripping blocks level.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2012, 10:18:51 AM »
The IGA bashing needs to stop, too. That's been going on for even longer.

Personally I prefer pixel/sprite games for 3DS and 2.5D for Vita. But whatever.
IGA bashing usually comes up when people start LoS bashing.

basically, when people start bitching about LoS, someone will bring up some of IGA's faults as the counter argument.

It's... kind of inevitable IMO, given the circumstances.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012, 10:19:35 AM »
+1
Trevor would probably end up using Alucard as his name in this game. Like what Adrian did.
That'd be interesting! :)

But IIRC, Gabriel's real name isn't Gabriel Belmont. He was named by the Brotherhood. I'm pretty sure his real name was Mathias Cronqvist. So, Trevor/Alucard wouldn't be his son, but another guy called Belmont.

OMG mind blown by all the theories! XD

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2012, 10:20:15 AM »
+4

Hear, hear. I'm all for a truce.

IGA bashing usually comes up when people start LoS bashing.

There have also been cases where it was the other way around. Both sides have done wrong in that regard.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »

Personally I prefer pixel/sprite games for 3DS and 2.5D for Vita. But whatever.
Pixel Art for Vita and 2.5D for 3DS would be a lot better. The Vita does pixel art A LOT better than the 3DS, no question.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2012, 10:25:26 AM »
Like I said it'd make sense if Trevol Belmont is Gabriel Belmonts son. He changed his name to Belmont, and it would link the Belmonts to Dracula while connecting Alucard to Dracul.....

It's a clever idea if they are truly doing this. It bridges son of dracula and the belmont clan together. Trevor Belmont would essentially be Alucard since he would possibly be the son of Gabriel ( dracul)...

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
Hear, hear. I'm all for a truce.

There have also been cases where it was the other way around. Both sides have done wrong in that regard.

Maybe the battle will never end, but I have a Dream that iga lovers and cox lovers will get along in harmony...

No but seriously nothing moves forward right when folks argue about something I wonder if this falls under that obnoxiousness we were talking about a couple days ago.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2012, 10:27:12 AM »
He's an anonymous, and yes. I didn't believe him for awhile either.

The fact that a Castlevania game for a Nintendo portable is an inevitability, I don't think with this news you should take him with any credibility. What other things did this person claim? We'd see a Zelda on the Wii U? ;)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »
That'd be interesting! :)

But IIRC, Gabriel's real name isn't Gabriel Belmont. He was named by the Brotherhood. I'm pretty sure his real name was Mathias Cronqvist. So, Trevor/Alucard wouldn't be his son, but another guy called Belmont.

OMG mind blown by all the theories! XD

The order named him Gabriel, he gave himself the Belmont surname due to his love of mountains and high places. he had no known surname otherwise. (the cronqvist theory is just a rumor in universe)

so he's pretty legit as a Belmont, only they merged both the Belmonts and the Cronqvists here.
granted, granted.

Maybe the battle will never end, but I have a Dream that iga lovers and cox lovers will get along in harmony...

Or will they despair? (C wut I did there)

JK, I sure damn hope so. the constant divide in the fanbase is annoying.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:30:28 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »
+1
We'd see a Zelda on the Wii U? ;)
Dohohoho

I'm no idiot, I'm still somewhat skeptical about this. I hope you guys don't hate me too much if everything turns out to be BS in the end. :(

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »
In Reply To #66,

Almost as clever as Alucard hooking up with Sonia to produce Trevor. Almost.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »
+3
I won't understand the hate from this...

Does everyone actually appreciate the laziness of Iga's team? They recycle more than they created, half the areas in their most recent games are copy and paste box rooms over and over again. Lords of shadow wasn't perfect but it sure was far more creative and inspired as far as level design goes.

There is good creativity and bad creativity.  Also their LoS level design was so flat and so not Castlevania with more hanging and climbing than actual jumping/platforming.   And the whip was too weak.   Flashy GoW combos on a beefed up enemy is not what Castlevania combat should be like. 

Even reused Legos can create a masterpiece out of the same pieces rather than some stone carved trash that doesn't even "understand" or care to understand and respect Castlevania's nature.

Also Iga is very underrated and underappreciated for everything they've done for Castlevania since SOTN to HD.  Sure their 3-D ones were a flop but they still felt more Castlevania than anything from LoS.

I would place Cox and their misguided team in the same category as those careless idiots from Ninja Theory.  They only further prove non-Japanese developers can't do videogame franchises of Japanese origins right.

LoS should of just been called LoS.  it doesn't deserve the Castlevania title.  it just caused more fans to feel betrayed and abandoned.   

Nothing good can ever come from Cox and their team.   of course final evaluation of this 3DS project will be put on hold but their reputation is already far below Castlevania standards.

Some fans can be desperate for anything new Castlevania, but that doesn't excuse Cox and co. butchering/ignoring the essence of Castlevania gameplay and original lore/timeline.  Things were fine Iga handling it until Konami handed over the franchise to some foreigners. 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:36:36 AM by affinity »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2012, 10:34:57 AM »
...Trevor as Simon's son works...

Just wanted to point out...

First he told me he believes the protag is Alucard, but now he thinks it could be Trevor Belmont when he had no textures put on him at the time. Whoever it is, the protag uses a whip. There will be a Belmont clan, he assures me Alucard is present, and Trevor is the father of Simon Belmont.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »
Like I said it'd make sense if Trevol Belmont is Gabriel Belmonts son. He changed his name to Belmont, and it would link the Belmonts to Dracula while connecting Alucard to Dracul.....

It's a clever idea if they are truly doing this. It bridges son of dracula and the belmont clan together. Trevor Belmont would essentially be Alucard since he would possibly be the son of Gabriel ( dracul)...

For some reason I want Leon to be Gabes son. Also I may not like Alucard that much I just do not think it would be a good idea if trevor was alucard it does not sit right in my stomach.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags: .....?