Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Fuck 2015  (Read 10034 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 02:20:21 PM »
Before I was married guys, I just started on my journey through self discovery actually researching this shit reading things like"The Game", Mystery Method, etc. and not necessarily trying out any of the those techniques or anything it was more about really educating myself on my personal interactions with the opposite sex and being a study
of the game.

I actually did finds some buds and turned them on to the books and made Wingmen and actually go out and practice some of this shit though. So I do know it can be done.

I have been slowly reverting back to that mindset now. It's not about trying to run any game or people or anything like that but more about being the best version of yourself you can be. Maximizing the positives and minimizing the negatives till they are no longer a factor.

In 5 days I learned everything that I need to know about online dating. One thing that in my opinion should be stressed is, that online dating shouldn't be your main option of finding a potential suitor. It should just be another option that you have in your tool belt just in case you haven't found someone locally yet.

Now if you just happen to find someone online that lives locally that is cool beans too.

I  like having threads like this where guys can talk openly about issues like this. (No judgement here.)

So I don't know everything, but I can share at least things that worked for me and my studies:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:56:12 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »
+1
That is some awesome advice! Glad to know you've done your homework  ;)  Believe me I'm always on the alert when it comes to negativity. I'm what you'd call empathic--someone who's more emotionally sensitive then others. Be it through word of mouth or reading threads I will feel the emotions behind the words. Especially the negative comments. Granted i will not always understand the online reads which is why I take my time and mull it over first before replying. I wish others would do the same as it avoids much unneeded conflict. That one of the main reasons why I try to stay away from conflicts on this forum or when I'm with other people, as I just absorb negativity like a sponge and I feel somewhat sick afterwards. And it's very difficult to get out of that spot too. It sucks being empathic but I'm stuck with it unfortunately.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 09:09:20 PM »
Darkmanx that is great advice to all, even to those who don't date or do but wish to remain single.

That is some awesome advice! Glad to know you've done your homework  ;)  Believe me I'm always on the alert when it comes to negativity. I'm what you'd call empathic--someone who's more emotionally sensitive then others. Be it through word of mouth or reading threads I will feel the emotions behind the words. Especially the negative comments. Granted i will not always understand the online reads which is why I take my time and mull it over first before replying. I wish others would do the same as it avoids much unneeded conflict. That one of the main reasons why I try to stay away from conflicts on this forum or when I'm with other people, as I just absorb negativity like a sponge and I feel somewhat sick afterwards. And it's very difficult to get out of that spot too. It sucks being empathic but I'm stuck with it unfortunately.

X just remember that people who argue in forums/ threads more often than not barely know one another from a bar of soap.
I understand some people are emotional/ feel emotion more so than others, however, it is important to realise that the people writing those posts (that leave individuals such as yourself with a bitter aftertaste) may not even be investing that sort of emotion into it in the first place.
A posts something that is offensive to B, B reads it and is offended but A never intended this level of emotion. C reads the same thing and goes "Meh, what was that about?" forgets about it and has a good night's sleep.

What I'm saying is, don't change how you are for anyone else, but be wary of what you invest in - emotionally among other things. I only say this because I used to be slightly more this way inclined too.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 08:00:24 AM »
NOTE: This post of mine was made when I was really tired and should have been sleeping. But I just had to get this off of my chest. I realize it isn't the most coherent thing I ever wrote, but it is what it is.

I haven't gone through nearly as much as darkmanx or any of the other guys this past year, but hoo boy was this last year crazy. First, there's a bunch of drama involved in one of my older brother's relationships that, thankfully, worked itself out and led to him getting married.

Then, I finally took the class that I for the field I was majoring in, but had so much trouble that I had to withdraw from the class lest I risk an F on my academic record, which has sent me down a dark path of questioning what field I want to go into. I am considering programming, but that is not something that I have been working towards. On the bright side, if I can pass this semester, I would have taken all of the classes needed to get my Associate's and possibly transfer to a bigger university, if the finances will allow me to do so. What makes all of this bad is that, outside of chores I do around my parents' house, I have not had an actual 9-5 job ever in my life. What makes it difficult for me to go job searching is that I have a hard time with college as it is, what with having to study as much as you do compared to high school, which takes time out of what could have been me looking for jobs and sending out applications.

Last, but not least, there is this idiot of a "friend" of mine. He wants me to play COD: Zombies All. The. Damn. Time. Even when I have a big test to study for, I get a text, "do you want to play online?" For one thing, I am tired of playing the same maps over and over, and I also am tired of him as well. He is unwilling to compromise and play something else, and he will make excuses about why he won't do something, and, when I accuse him of doing so, he accuses me back of being judgmental, when he was judgmental over me wearing a shirt over to his house that he didn't like. This wasn't some shirt that was shaky or anything; it was just a picture of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. However, since this friend of mine is a Treyarch and Xbox fanboy, he will do whatever he can to tick me off if I don't agree with him about everything.

Another thing I had going on this last year was me building a gaming PC, and he did not like that due to him wanting me to get the Xbox One. For what, you may ask? Call of Duty Black Ops 3, a game with system requirements that he could afford more easily than I could. (the game is not demanding at all) He has two part time jobs, where as I had to go and practically sell all of the systems and games that I had to get the PC put together that I am using right now to type all of this. If he wants to accuse anyone of being judgmental, he should be realizing he's no better. But no, he's always right, and I'm wrong. He was so desperate that he bought me an Xbox One even though he said he would not do so. All of this contributes to the latest problem that occurred last night, where I told him that I don't want to play Black Ops 3 until he goes to bed since I had stuff to do when I arrived home, and, not to mention, I had spent my afternoon playing the game with him, and had other games I'd rather play. We got into a heated argument before I left, and, while he thinks I'm his friend, the truth is, I just want to be done with him. He does not respect me for who I am, and he does not take responsibility for how he treats me. I put up with him ever since high school and, while I enjoyed being around him then, it just pissed me off to no end when I started going to college how he just didn't care for my goals and what it takes to accomplish them.

Throughout all of this, I just wish I had someone who was willing to accept me for who I was, and not criticize me destructively for what I am not. Not to mention, my big goal in life right now is getting a job so I can get a consistent stream of income for myself so that way I can be financially independent of my parents and do some of the things that I really want to do. But when you have friends from your high school days that don't mature, classes that you thought you could pass being much harder than anticipated, and unnecessary drama, I just about lost it at times near the end of 2015 in particular.

I apologize for this long post.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 08:41:27 AM »
(click to show/hide)

First off, he doesn't sound like a true friend. Let me give you some advice, it doesn't get easier when you get older so you need to be particular about the social relationships you make with so call friends and find loyal friends.

Case in point, I recently let go a childhood friend of 25 years.

Not to go into super detail , but when you mature you start noticing things you might not paid mind when you were younger. For me I noticed that not only was he extremely cheap (which I really didn't care about), but he was a selfish friend and looking back on it he was always this way.

The other thing was that he was still stuck in the past. A past I didn't care to revisit or harp on.

When you mature and become more career oriented, you may find that you don't want to harp on what happened back in High School. (Which his whole life revolves around 4 years, twenty something years ago.) When you start getting degrees, and trying to better yourself worrying about your career, you find that those same people that you may have been cool with are still doing the same shit you were doing in school and you may find out that you guys don't have anything in common anymore.

EDIT:  Soooo, for people that read my initial post about getting stood up on New Year's Eve check this shit out, this particular female that I met online actually messaged me! 4 days later none the less!

She says hi and she just wanted to apologize about not getting back with me after trying to meet and that she had intentions to wanting to meet and didn't. (No shit.)

She then goes on to say sorry, and then hopes all is well with me and to new beginnings!

I don't plan to nor didn't even respond to her text.

All I know she could have dumped me to go out with some other guy and now that didn't work she could just be trying to use me as her plan B. I dunno if this is actually the case but I already have an over active imagination. lol

What do you guys think about this turn of events?

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 09:38:15 AM »
Last, but not least, there is this idiot of a "friend" of mine. He wants me to play COD: Zombies All. The. Damn. Time. Even when I have a big test to study for, I get a text, "do you want to play online?" For one thing, I am tired of playing the same maps over and over, and I also am tired of him as well. He is unwilling to compromise and play something else, and he will make excuses about why he won't do something, and, when I accuse him of doing so, he accuses me back of being judgmental, when he was judgmental over me wearing a shirt over to his house that he didn't like. This wasn't some shirt that was shaky or anything; it was just a picture of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. However, since this friend of mine is a Treyarch and Xbox fanboy, he will do whatever he can to tick me off if I don't agree with him about everything.

Another thing I had going on this last year was me building a gaming PC, and he did not like that due to him wanting me to get the Xbox One. For what, you may ask? Call of Duty Black Ops 3, a game with system requirements that he could afford more easily than I could. (the game is not demanding at all) He has two part time jobs, where as I had to go and practically sell all of the systems and games that I had to get the PC put together that I am using right now to type all of this. If he wants to accuse anyone of being judgmental, he should be realizing he's no better. But no, he's always right, and I'm wrong. He was so desperate that he bought me an Xbox One even though he said he would not do so. All of this contributes to the latest problem that occurred last night, where I told him that I don't want to play Black Ops 3 until he goes to bed since I had stuff to do when I arrived home, and, not to mention, I had spent my afternoon playing the game with him, and had other games I'd rather play. We got into a heated argument before I left, and, while he thinks I'm his friend, the truth is, I just want to be done with him. He does not respect me for who I am, and he does not take responsibility for how he treats me. I put up with him ever since high school and, while I enjoyed being around him then, it just pissed me off to no end when I started going to college how he just didn't care for my goals and what it takes to accomplish them.

Throughout all of this, I just wish I had someone who was willing to accept me for who I was, and not criticize me destructively for what I am not. Not to mention, my big goal in life right now is getting a job so I can get a consistent stream of income for myself so that way I can be financially independent of my parents and do some of the things that I really want to do. But when you have friends from your high school days that don't mature, classes that you thought you could pass being much harder than anticipated, and unnecessary drama, I just about lost it at times near the end of 2015 in particular.

^This chunk of text^ curiously was the longest you've posted, the rest was relatively short.
Strange thing is that this part of the text, well these aren't real problems I'm afraid. You have an obnoxious friend.. Make another one, or whip this one like he's stolen something. Your job/ college situation is much more important, I'd focus on those elements instead. One day if you're ever unemployed, living in poverty or homeless and jobless (God/ causality forbid) your friend won't mean shit, and you won't mean shit to them. They will continue to live their life and take zero responsibility for yours. Be aware.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 09:46:18 AM »

EDIT:  Soooo, for people that read my initial post about getting stood up on New Year's Eve check this shit out, this particular female that I met online actually messaged me! 4 days later none the less!

She says hi and she just wanted to apologize about not getting back with me after trying to meet and that she had intentions to wanting to meet and didn't. (No shit.)

She then goes on to say sorry, and then hopes all is well with me and to new beginnings!

I don't plan to nor didn't even respond to her text.

All I know she could have dumped me to go out with some other guy and now that didn't work she could just be trying to use me as her plan B. I dunno if this is actually the case but I already have an over active imagination. lol

What do you guys think about this turn of events?
"

"No shit" Lol that's hilarious to me :)

I feel you dude, I'm happily involved with someone and have been for the last 3 years. The end of last year and beginning of this year I've been contacted by 2 girls I was supposed to meet online.... Only that was 5 FUCKIN YEARS AGO lmao. How the hell they still had my email and number, I have no fucking clue tbh.

Must be the year of "Regret" for some. Oh well in the words of Prince Vegeta "A lesson learned too late".

I'd wait like a month or two and just msg her back for shits and gigs. But nah, really though I wouldn't fuck with a chick that stood me up because in reality it screams "I had somewhere better to be". Not that I know you but you seem like an honest guy, if you're being true to yourself then I would think you deserve that too, at least.

EDIT: Fuck, sorry for the double post guys, thought it was another thread (it's late here :-X)

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 11:05:27 AM »
Flak Master@ This friend of yours sounds like a borderline sociopath to me. He wants people to like him and expects them to agree with everything he says or likes. If not then he throws a fit relating to that of a child. He's got a severe ego problem resting on his shoulders and nothing short of whipping his ass till it bleeds isn't going to change him anytime soon. Get rid of him. It's not healthy and you could do much better then have him as a friend. It's going to be very difficult or it could be very easy, but you must tell him that unless he shapes up, he's no-longer welcome in your life. You are the most important person in your life. You want to get on with your life and have a career. Others around you need to know this, and to recognize it. This so-called friend of yours doesn't recognize this and doesn't care either. Cut him off.

darkmanx_429@ She could be playing with you, she might not be playing with you. But considering how she didn't make the effort to tell you she couldn't make it to the get-together that was planned, shows a lack of responsibility on her part. And it has been 4 days. You need to sit down with her and have a conversation like adults. This should help you get a better grasp on her as a person. If anything comes up that raises red flags then politely tell her you're not interested. You could also make a deal with her too. That if she isn't going to be responsible about dating you then the relationship will end right then and there. Go with your instincts bro.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 01:33:28 PM »

Didn't go all that way yet, but already met a woman who answered several of my messages and offered to talk on facebook, so I agreed and added her as a friend. Then messaged her and she didn't respond. (even though facebook told me she read the message and saw she was active) Messaged again, again no response. So several days later, unfriended her. After about a week, sends me another friend request. wtf? lol, rejected obviously.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
Hello guys, so this last week for me has been a little stressful as you may know I have been out of school the last 5 months and my first day was Tuesday. All new crew, there is only 1 student that I originally started with left and he is on month 10. (Go figure.)So he only has 2 months left.

The program is scrambling to find a place for me as I am coming in and quite frankly everyone else has been with each other for the last 5 months and got their connections and such. You guys know how that is trying to come in as the black sheep. Even though I have industry experience and game credits since attending school, I am basically trying to come in as a Producer on the Production Track so they are trying to make a place for me.

I basically refuse to work on anyone else's projects for the next 8 months. (I have already gone above and beyond to get game credits from school and on my on personal time freelancing. I have several video game ideas and high concepts flushed out ready to go and just need a team of serious talented bodies.

At this point I am just trying to do my thing and stay positive with all the mess I have going on in the background.

UPDATE: So back to topic, after carefully weighing my options after reading everyone's opinions of that woman hitting me back, I decided to give her another go. Of course I was going to be much smarter about it this time..lol (I normally wouldn't of did this, but she is cute..)

I waited a couple of days to respond to her apology and even then was very brief. Amazingly, she went so far as to call and I didn't pick up right away. To make a long story short I gave her as little attention as possible and she went stir crazy hitting me back up until finally we had some meaningful text and then she asked if I would call her and we had actual conversation.

Well since last week, we have been talking on a regular basis and she even sends me pictures of her and such. We still haven't had a chance to have a re-date (we may actually do it today) as her family is in town. She even made me a video today like I didn't believe her! (Which is good.) Since we have been talking she always sends me a good morning greeting when she is up and about. (Which is nice. I never got that before in any relationship.)

Now also after listening to all you guys I did some serious research on some of those online dating apps and adjusted my profile accordingly. (I didn't even know you could or people were basically hacking those systems to cheat to get more matches..this is a thing? lol) but basically, I just was myself and added a ton of positivity to my profiles. Now I have women that I am talking to in the local area that I have been chatting to. Nothing serious yet, but it's nice to have some meaningful conversation with the opposite sex again.

Oh yeah, just recently heard from one of my female classmates that I was in my undergrade with that I had somewhat of a crush on back then. We fooled around, but at the time she was with a BF and such so it didn't go anywhere. What is funny is that when we were talking there was the chance to hook up then but I basically disappeared of the grid and she was dating around but nothing serious. But she laid it out to me and basically told me that she liked me too but was kinda stuck in a situation at the time.(Go Figure)

Anyhow I think it's just funny that all this stuff is happening now, at least the first week of the new year is pretty chill. Like I said I am really concentrating on having more positive aspects in my life and concentrating on my career.

Just giving you guys an update.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:28:35 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »
It's good to know that your situation is turning around for the better. But remember--be vigilant. You never know when it will all go south and you'll need a back-up plan in case it does. The last thing you need is to be caught with your pants down over a misunderstanding. Other then that, I wish you luck darkman_429  ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:29:00 AM by X »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »
It's good to know that your situation is turning around for the better. But remember--be vigilant. You never know when it will all go south and you'll need a back-up plan in case it does. The last thing you need is to be caught with your pants down over a misunderstanding. Other then that, I wish you luck darkman_429  ;)

No doubt X, my Spidey Sense is always up. Thanks!

Didn't go all that way yet, but already met a woman who answered several of my messages and offered to talk on facebook, so I agreed and added her as a friend. Then messaged her and she didn't respond. (even though facebook told me she read the message and saw she was active) Messaged again, again no response. So several days later, unfriended her. After about a week, sends me another friend request. wtf? lol, rejected obviously.

She sounds like an attention whore. What does she think your just there for her FB Likes? SMH
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:32:46 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:23 AM »
2015 was the year I hit the dreaded age of 40, felt like shit that entire day, not sick, just down. I'm over it though, but the years seem to be flying by faster and faster now. And you guys seem to stay the same age. ;)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 12:57:52 AM »
+1
2015 was the year I hit the dreaded age of 40, felt like shit that entire day, not sick, just down. I'm over it though, but the years seem to be flying by faster and faster now. And you guys seem to stay the same age. ;)

Oh don't think about that, as some people would say, life begins at 40.
Or just use this as motivation:
"I'm not 40. I'm 18 with 22 years experience."
Then you'll forever be 18!  ;)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2016, 01:31:28 AM »
Or just use this as motivation:
"I'm not 40. I'm 18 with 22 years experience."
Then you'll forever be 18!  ;)

LOL! Interesting way of an outlook Shiroi. Part denial, part motivation  ;D

Tags: