Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051804 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #360 on: October 01, 2011, 04:04:56 PM »
I was wondering if people can help me think of some games that had some cool Desert stages that I could use for fan game that i am working on. I am thinking of something with giant sand dunes that the character can run diagonally up and down from. I am currently using parts from the Metal Slug 3 Desert stage but I need more. I am thinking of a stage from the Neo Geo, SNES, TG-16, or Genesis era's. Can someone give me some ideas? Maybe something I can look up on VGMaps to use? I want to make a stage similar to the one from Portrait Of Ruin....

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
Hmmm. Wish I knew some titles ta give ya. Not sure if any of the versions of Aladdin would work. You might also want to try out Super Star Wars, and Super Return of the Jedi.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: October 01, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »
Hmmm. Wish I knew some titles ta give ya. Not sure if any of the versions of Aladdin would work. You might also want to try out Super Star Wars, and Super Return of the Jedi.
Thanks, forgot about those titles. I will check them out. Super Star Wars may work...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #363 on: October 02, 2011, 01:42:31 AM »
I was wondering if people can help me think of some games that had some cool Desert stages that I could use for fan game that i am working on. I am thinking of something with giant sand dunes that the character can run diagonally up and down from. I am currently using parts from the Metal Slug 3 Desert stage but I need more. I am thinking of a stage from the Neo Geo, SNES, TG-16, or Genesis era's. Can someone give me some ideas? Maybe something I can look up on VGMaps to use? I want to make a stage similar to the one from Portrait Of Ruin....

ACTRAISER!

Kasandora - Act 1

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #364 on: October 02, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »
ACTRAISER!

Kasandora - Act 1

Oh pretty! I am going to have to check these out! Thanks to everyone that is contributing, the stage is shaping up to be very nice indeed! I hear that Stargate for the SNES has some cool desert maps, but I can't find just the maps anywhere online....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:10:23 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2011, 03:55:08 AM »
ACTRAISER!

Kasandora - Act 1

LMAO i was gonna suggest Actraiser till i read your post Jorge lol.  That is a great game dude, total classic!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #366 on: October 03, 2011, 08:39:00 AM »
The Genesis version of Aladdin might have some stuff you can use too.
Also you might get a little use out of Overdrive Ostrich's stage in MMX2 & Dry Desert in Magical Quest 3.
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2011, 10:37:55 AM »
The Genesis version of Aladdin might have some stuff you can use too.
Also you might get a little use out of Overdrive Ostrich's stage in MMX2 & Dry Desert in Magical Quest 3.
Thanks, I will check that out! Micky has some good stuff, forgot about those games..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:47:41 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #368 on: October 03, 2011, 02:20:53 PM »
How about getsu Fuuma den? the only sprites I could find are Ryuu Kokki and now Fuuma himself...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #369 on: October 03, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »
I've searched too, but it's been very sparse. Not much is available.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #370 on: October 03, 2011, 05:35:10 PM »
+1
Jorge's Simon + Adventure Rebirth's Whip

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: October 03, 2011, 05:37:38 PM »
That fits pretty damn well.  ;D
"Stuff and things."

Garlie

Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #372 on: October 05, 2011, 07:49:37 AM »
Have someone the Weapon sprite from soma Cruz, please?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: October 05, 2011, 02:11:50 PM »
How about getsu Fuuma den? the only sprites I could find are Ryuu Kokki and now Fuuma himself...
This game looks truly cool, I never heard of it until now. Do you know any places where I can obtain the desert sprites from?

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: October 15, 2011, 07:44:24 PM »
Hey guys,Could any of you derive with a better colour scheme for these two? That's the reason i haven't been working on em for a while..Also,a perfect shading for Nathan's idle there and change his hair for me too.. Thanks,any help is very much appreciated! :)

anything