Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051791 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #405 on: November 30, 2011, 06:33:14 AM »
I have to admit those are really nice, considering they're not edits.

The buster shot has to go though. Why edit after doing everything else from scratch? It's way too noticeable and doesn't even look like fire.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #406 on: November 30, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »
Decided I'm going to turn my fangame into a GB-style Classicvania. Here is everything, literally, everything that I've sprited thus far for it. All are scratch, with the exception of Bone Pillar's fireball; edited from a Buster charge shot from Megaman X.

I'm really digging how Drac came out in particular.
These are AWESOME!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2011, 02:19:47 PM »
I have to admit those are really nice, considering they're not edits.

The buster shot has to go though. Why edit after doing everything else from scratch? It's way too noticeable and doesn't even look like fire.
I will do, thanks. Anything else that needs fixing?

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #408 on: December 03, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »
So I tried to edit Maria's palette to match her artwork (or rather, the character select sprite from Serio's game), I think that there are some sprites that look iffy but I don't really know which ones and how to fix them. Can you guys help me?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:09:59 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: December 03, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »
You guys diggin' the signature pic?  8)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #410 on: December 03, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »
That's too big for a sig, and there are two of them.  The first one is great (the checker floor reminds me of Super Smash Brothers).
Crop the 2nd one to be the same size as the first and it would be better.

EDIT: and the filesize!?  Dude, wtf!?!?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:47:14 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #411 on: December 04, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »
They're both annoying as hell even disregarding the ridiculously large 15MB filesize. I say to hell with both of them.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #412 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:51 PM »
@Uzo you need'nt need to rant brotha,ive removed the mondo one already.. :-X
Tho shud i stick wif the first one?

Offline Viper

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #413 on: December 05, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
Hey guys! :)
I need your help. Here's part of main town in my game. I need something like town hall, where major works etc. Now it uses background from Dr.X. which is out of style and does not represent what it must be.
If someone comes with idea and makes background for this part of level it will be placed in the game. Feel free to use any castlevania & other sprites, i'm not really about all these copyright stuff since it's just a fan-game. But if you can work out something from scratch it will be even better, of course.
In attachment there's zip-archive (rename from .txt) with .psd file.
Here's also screenshot with viewport size (red square 256x192 pixels)

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
Hey, Donoffrio, where's the Sophia sprite and drawing? It's been awhile since we talked about it and I'm curious on the results.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #415 on: December 26, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
Anyone have that one sprite of Richter from SotN from Maria's thought-bubble when speaking to Alucard in the church? As in, the full sprite?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #416 on: December 26, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »
Anyone have that one sprite of Richter from SotN from Maria's thought-bubble when speaking to Alucard in the church? As in, the full sprite?
I've posted it before in this thread, around page 23 I think.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #417 on: December 30, 2011, 10:14:18 AM »
I am looking for some good animated swaying lights preferably hanging from the 16bit era of games. They are supposed to be inside of a ghost pirate ship. Anyone got any good ideas from games that I can get them from? What about some games with a pirate ship stage (other than CastleVania..)Does anyone know where I can get sprites from the arcade game, Hook by Irem..?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:27:37 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #418 on: January 14, 2012, 08:13:51 AM »
Title mock-up for the Rondo of Blood Translation. Needs to be shrunken down to the right size and color reduced.
I made it because I really don't like the one they decided to use. It basically takes the graphics from Bloodlines & I have an impassioned hatred for the reuse of graphics in fangames that are out of place.

(click to show/hide)

(Spoiler tag 'cause it's pretty big.)
"Stuff and things."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #419 on: January 14, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
@Incubbus. Nice work on it! Kudos!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

anything