Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051788 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #525 on: March 01, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
That ruined city background looks familiar. Contra 3?
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #526 on: March 02, 2012, 02:06:29 AM »
yup.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #527 on: March 02, 2012, 03:02:33 AM »
I need the crumbling statue sprites 0:58 on this vid. I've found the crumbling crosses already, can someone rip or know where I can find the statue in the pic?

This?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #528 on: March 03, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #529 on: March 03, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
 :o
I'm afraid you were right on your last PM,Las..They did use my Juste sheet without my acknowledgement and permission.
Castlevania Online Juste Belmont

Though am i supposed to do anything about this?? Guys,i need your protip on this one.. :-\
This is definitely an outrage..
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:59:28 PM by Donoffrio »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #530 on: March 03, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »
You sure there's not a couple pixels different? that would make it legal.  :rollseyes:
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #531 on: March 03, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »

Dude..i know my own sprites better than almost everyone.. :/

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #532 on: March 03, 2012, 08:41:38 PM »

Any more comments??  ;D

Dude..wtf
i know my own sprites when i see it.. :/

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #533 on: March 03, 2012, 08:44:44 PM »
:)
Hey guys!
Been quite a while since i showcased some stuff here.. :P
Here's my Scratch made Morris Baldwin,for those interested in making a COTM remake with SOTN graphics.. ;)
Just give credit used.

Also,Juste belmont i made specifically for Serio's game(I won't show the complete ones,you can view them on Serio's board):

And here's a preview of things ive been working on,enjoy!

try comparing it with the juste anims i posted a few weeks ago..

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #534 on: March 03, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
Wow, they totally ripped you off.

Alright, here's what you do. First, send them an email, but be polite, and ask them why they are using your work without permission. Do NOT mention whether or now you WANT them to use it, or if you will allow them to under certain circumstances. Right now you want to see if they will reply at all.

Next, decide if you want them to use your work at all at this point. You need to make a choice: allow them to continue using it if they credit you, or do not give them permission at all. Post here what you have decided.

Once those have been completed, we wait for the results. Post the reply email you get here, if you get any at all. Don't be anxious if you don't get one right away. OK?

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #535 on: March 03, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »
Wow, they totally ripped you off.

Alright, here's what you do. First, send them an email, but be polite, and ask them why they are using your work without permission. Do NOT mention whether or now you WANT them to use it, or if you will allow them to under certain circumstances. Right now you want to see if they will reply at all.

Next, decide if you want them to use your work at all at this point. You need to make a choice: allow them to continue using it if they credit you, or do not give them permission at all. Post here what you have decided.

Once those have been completed, we wait for the results. Post the reply email you get here, if you get any at all. Don't be anxious if you don't get one right away. OK?

Great idea Uzo! :)
Probably should provide the link here to keep reminding myself..
http://castlevaniaforum.webs.com/apps/guestbook/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:30:42 PM by Donoffrio »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #536 on: March 04, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
So the reply basically says (in broken English). He found the sheet without it being credited, and he decided to use it anyway. He also goes on to say the game supports mods by others too, so if he doesn't use it someone else will anyway.

So, what did you decide?

That last part he said really comes off arrogant and jerkish. It sounds like hes saying "tough shit, it'll get in there either way, so stop whining."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:02:56 AM by uzo »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #537 on: March 04, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
I'm wondering what kind of rights you actually would have over modified konami sprites though? Is there actually anything you can do? I'm not sure how that sort of thing works, just curious.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #538 on: March 04, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
Hmm... Montoya brings up a good point. If that were konami guys. And they wanted your work you may have little to no choice in the matter. Seeing that they own the character trademarks already that would be one thing. But i do agree, if it is the castlevania online guy, why would he not just simply ask permission??? This isn't right!! I'm totally with Donoffrio and UZO there. Why not just simply ask. I assume Donoffrio some or most of your work was for Serio's fighter and it is you who ultimetly decides where your work goes. With that being said i myself personally would want certain stuff for certain projects. I have already mades a full set of CV3 characters and at least 2 versions for each player. I'm very hesistant about just throwing them up their online. It'll become debatable whether the project i'm in continues, seeing the main coder is no where to be found. Right now i'm trying to code stuff in but i'm very unskilled with coding. So with that being said, i may try a very unlikely shot in the dark scenario. Make every sprite possible for a cv3 remake(perfect them) and contact konami. Even the effort alone would be well worth it even if they do not want anything to do my sprites. At anyrate they could be used for another project or if the one i'm in gets finished.But anyways that is just me and what i may do. All  in all donofrio i would try and contact him. I did talk to a guy but he's not kotai.He does however know him though. If you want i can pm you his youtube link. If you want to talk to him furthermore that's cool but i don't really wanna get in the middle of anything. I am not a fan of drama. Say off the topic, but, has anyone seen or heard from jorge in a while? I was wanting to ask him about some of his cv3 sprites prefreably the ending for trevor and intro(not sure that's him). I wanted to see if i might be able to use that for other players endings which i already have sprited up so i could mesh them. I thought i read somewhere he posted his stuff being open source for community, but i could have misread it. I'd like to be certain their. If he's cool with it then i can put them together. Either way i will ask for first before doing anything rash like that kotai guy. Say speaking of that. The leon belmont sprites by vedora kingdom??? what about him.Also didn't Claimh make a desmond? hmm.. i thought i'd seen a video on that too for his game. Did they give permission? i may be careful posting up sprites now if i were you guys.

Well i did see your video you linked here Donoffrio and i'll be honest your juste looks very cool and very well done.!!!!!  I personally would like to see myself's spritework in a game. But like i said i,myself, would be more concerned about what type of game. Like, say, my cv3 stuff. If it's for a remake i'd be like hell no!!! i want a part in on it. If it were for say Serio's fighter or something that'd be a different story entirely no problem cause it won't conflict with the remake......see what i'm talkin' bout. But yeah i mean the bottom line is this guy outta be asking permission to use sprites. Also i did get a chance to play his online game. Those characters are not yet playable that i could choose from. So maybe he's putting them in and then plans to ask. Still i would think it would get him into trouble to just show the video alone. Why not simply ask? He's eitehr gonna get a yes or a no, and besides that do you know how much easier it is for a coder to get artwork from someone than for a coder to code a game in for soemone else. Shhhhh...eyeah well you get the picture. He will find someone eventually if you were to say no. Say,Montoya, maybe you could post some demo vids on your game when enough is completed or your gonna release a demo. Same their UZO. BTW you guys outta be supporting each other's games both look very good  and sound very promising.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:13:17 PM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #539 on: March 04, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »
@Uzo
That's where the dude's wrong,i did happen to put my name at the end of the sheet..
All of sudden,i'm thinking of not giving them the right to use it.
But the main point is,those sprites are only intended for Serio's game and nothing more..I can't really reply to them at the moment though,i got school.
@Mont
I keep asking that question many times before too.
Seeing how many others use them,i assumed it was legal.
@Las
No questions there,Las..
And I agree,we should all be careful of posting our work after this incident..
And I dunno weather or not they did ask permission for vendora's leon.Basically at his site,he said his work could be used by anyone and credit is a must,if memory serves me right..
On another note,i also found a screenshot of the game with cyberdragon10k's Nathan in it.
:0
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:53:33 PM by Donoffrio »

anything