Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051777 times)

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #450 on: February 01, 2012, 06:10:03 PM »
the next stage in my original character evolution, compared to julius. i made his "Brock Samson" mullet more prominent and gave him a ripped hole in his jeans.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:06:11 PM by omen »

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #451 on: February 04, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
decided against many of my original changes, made it so he's a standard priest: black shirt, black trench coat, blue jeans, and brown leather boots. i'm toying around a tattered coat look - this is what i done so far. almost looks like batman's cowl...click on the image to get at the animated gif. i wanted him to be the chuck norris of my fan game so i gave him a walker texas ranger beard.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:21:20 PM by omen »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #452 on: February 04, 2012, 09:43:27 PM »
decided against many of my original changes, made it so he's a standard priest: black shirt, black trench coat, blue jeans, and brown leather boots. i'm toying around a tattered coat look - this is what i done so far. almost looks like batman's cowl...click on the image to get at the animated gif. i wanted him to be the chuck norris of my fan game so i gave him a walker texas ranger beard.

Aww, man. That cross chain was a really nice touch. D:
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #453 on: February 04, 2012, 10:11:02 PM »

just forgot about the cross chain ;p wanted to showcase the tattered trench coat. since i want to make my game in a post-apocalyptic contemporary setting with disrupted time (sections of old world gothic realm), i wanted to make items that reflect that - replacing the holy water is the holy hand grenade. the dagger becomes a combat knife, the cross is something like a glaive (like in dark sector game), and the priest will have a shotgun.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:18:22 PM by omen »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #454 on: February 04, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
That looks awesome. I love the disheveled look. And I'm kinda glad you took out the cross chain. When he was running, it didn't look right. Seemed too rigid and such. Would still be a nice touch but only if you could animate it properly.

Sawed-off shotgun in Castlevania would be awesome.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #455 on: February 05, 2012, 07:16:17 AM »

i agree with you Claimh Solais, the cross chain is an iconic necessity, but i also gotta agree with TheouAegis -

That looks awesome. I love the disheveled look. And I'm kinda glad you took out the cross chain. When he was running, it didn't look right. Seemed too rigid and such. Would still be a nice touch but only if you could animate it properly.

Sawed-off shotgun in Castlevania would be awesome.

unless animated properly, i think that cross chain may regrettably be cut... unless someone wants to help me with it, maybe?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:32:27 AM by omen »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #456 on: February 05, 2012, 07:19:12 AM »
i agree with you Claimh Solais, the cross chain is an iconic necessity, but i also gotta agree with TheouAegis -
unless animated properly, i think that cross chain may regrettably be cut... unless someone wants to help me with it, maybe?

I may be of some assistance.. :)
Just lend me the whole running frames of your OC and i'll edit it right away..
Shouldn't take me more than a few mins..
Tho i'll have it ready in  a few hours or so.. ;P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:25:26 AM by Donoffrio »

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #457 on: February 05, 2012, 07:47:14 AM »
many thanks Donoffrio, i got here the run sprites, with and without cross chain, and the individual cross chain sprites.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #458 on: February 05, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »
many thanks Donoffrio, i got here the run sprites, with and without cross chain, and the individual cross chain sprites.
Cross chain is awesome!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #459 on: February 05, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
Hey i was wondering if anybody has charlotte's spell circles. I need both inside and outside rings and both need all the frames(up,down,right left, and teh respective diagonals whatever they may be). Any chance anyone has them? I'd like to put them in a gif for the moment. I know the outside ring moves one way and the inside ring moves the other. I think it would be cool to have for certain players in games. I have one particularly in mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #460 on: February 08, 2012, 09:00:26 PM »
been working on the ripped up trench-coat, it's comin along...

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »
I like the coat, but if I were you I'd try making a new whipping animation. The one that Julius uses is too distinctively his.
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
A side-arm whip would be something completely different.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #463 on: February 10, 2012, 07:34:47 PM »
this is the initial stage of an alternate character, alongside Damien, in my fangame. she is an amalgamation of a sypha character sprite and maria from the snes game psycho dream. i call her Saria, she is a warrior-nun. again, i'm not a good sprite artist but i work hard at being mediocre.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:38:39 PM by omen »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #464 on: February 10, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
Try shrinking her head a bit first, then you can start working on the rest of her.
Also, if she is indeed a nun, then try giving her an outfit that isn't too skimpy.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

anything