Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821598 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #390 on: May 21, 2012, 06:30:43 PM »
Funny, when I think about it, Aria was the ONLY non Belmont metroidvania that game the character a whip weapon they could use.

Symphony didnt, Dawn didnt, and OoE didnt.

I dont know if CoD did, did it?

on a related note, there is an item in the underground caves in Symphony, around the boat/ferryman section, that gives you a shit ton of gold. lik3, 1000 or something. I could never entirely make out what it was though, but It vaguely looked like the vampire killer whip icon, the ones you get in other games to power up the whip.

was it?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2012, 06:31:09 PM »
Daniella? It's implied her grandfather was one of the main Belmont heroes. Possibly Richter, though that would put Ecclesia in the mid-late 1800's.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »
People are gonna hate us all for filling this thread with Order of Ecclesia talk. But one more thing:

The village needed "Silence of Daylight" music. Such a wasted opportunity!

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #393 on: May 21, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »
LOL, you're kidding right?

Not one bit. I know it might be baffling to some, but IGA's last few games are nothing like the Castlevanias I played when I was a kid, save for some recycled sprites and name dropping.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: May 21, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Not one bit. I know it might be baffling to some, but IGA's last few games are nothing like the Castlevanias I played when I was a kid, save for some recycled sprites and name dropping.
That's funny: it sounds exactly like LoS.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #395 on: May 21, 2012, 06:33:17 PM »

I didn't know LoS had any recycled sprites in it.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #396 on: May 21, 2012, 06:33:36 PM »
+1
People are gonna hate us all for filling this thread with Order of Ecclesia talk.

theres nothing more to talk about in regards to Mirror, till we get some info. :P
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #397 on: May 21, 2012, 06:34:26 PM »
+1
well actually, if you put in the konami code, you get a little CV2 Simon Belmont sprite above your light magic bar, which mimics your actions. :D It's kinda cute.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #398 on: May 21, 2012, 06:34:40 PM »
Ehm nope? LoS is a translation of the Old Basic formula IMO
well actually, if you put in the konami code, you get a little CV2 Simon Belmont sprite above your light magic bar, which mimics your actions. :D It's kinda cute.
It bums me how almost no one tlaks about this.
I cried tears of tenderness when I saw it =3

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2012, 06:35:05 PM »
The Belmont surname couldn't have been lost, or else where would Julius come from

besides, it was Eric that said the Belmonts had to give it to the Morris' (still related) because they couldn't touch it until 1999, when Dracula would be at his strongest ever. So there should've been a Morris relative (presumably Quincy's father) making an appearance in OoE. But perhaps they were still training behind the scenes or whatever.

Albus Morris would've been a good fit.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #400 on: May 21, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »

I'm going to need to try that, lol

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: May 21, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »
I was talking about the name dropping, the gameplay is everything, but Castlevania. The sceneries were a lot good, though.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #402 on: May 21, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
I found that out right before I sold my copy. Isn't it actually Simon's sprite from the original Vampire Killer?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: May 21, 2012, 06:39:41 PM »
+2

You mean you didn't recognize the candles dropping hearts/items everywhere? The wall meat? The medusa heads & mermen? All the references Harmony of Dissonance had to past games (there are literally dozens)? The maoi heads, "Julius Mode," etc.

And hey, the classic games recycled sprites, too.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #404 on: May 21, 2012, 06:40:19 PM »

Really? 

Flame do you know how to do this on the 360 or anyone I did the K-code at one point but it seems that it did not work. I do want simon on the screen.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:42:02 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags: .....?