Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Season 3  (Read 72422 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: October 15, 2019, 07:44:15 AM »
Couldn’t find the original thread, so here’s a new one.  Where in the world is Castlevania Season 3?  I’m all ready for a Halloween watch, but might end up rewatching the first two seasons instead.  At least we know it “is” coming since they’re talking about it at conventions, but it feels late if it’s too much after Halloween.  It’s gonna be a disappointing Halloween if we don’t get something Castlevania related.  I hope they can sqeaze in Grimiour of Souls outside of Canada by then.  Or maybe get the Season 2 soundtrack?  At least we got the Bloodstained backer poster and sound track in time.

Oh, and thank Konami Godbrand wasn’t named Mathias Cronqvist.  Wonder how that name got Ellis thinking about a Viking Vampire.  Is Cronqvist norse?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10/13/castlevania-warren-ellis-talks-adapting-video-game-working-with-netflix-dracula-more-interview/

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:50:43 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 12:36:15 PM »
Wow, thanks Konami then  :P..! This makes me wonder that probably he still has not the slightest idea that Mathias is actually Dracula, which makes me worry a bit tbh. But I likes his work on the show so far. That was an interesting read, thanks for sharing

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 07:40:05 PM »
What if the Netflixvania gets a pachislot game before it gets a third season?

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 12:02:18 AM »
The most interesting part is Konami actually drawing a "red line" on the use of Mathias Cronqvist which even the writers of the show thought was weird since Konami apparently has been cool with them adapting and putting their own spin on the IP.

Its just weird that Mathias Cronqvist (who is the IGAvania canon Dracula) was off limits since now that IGA is gone you would think they would not care, after all they showed us that Leon Belmont (who was also a IGA creation) is in the anime's canon so why make Mathias off limits?

As it stands now my only conclusion is that maybe they wanted the anime team to keep the "door open" for the origin of this version of Dracula and thus having the writer throw away the name to a completely different character may have not been a wise move in Konami's eyes.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 09:32:14 AM »
I liked how Warren Ellis mentioned he is a fan of the old Hammer horror films and when he saw CV for the first time his mind took him straight to those classic films. Well CV was based on those movies so he made the connection very easily  :)

Its just weird that Mathias Cronqvist (who is the IGAvania canon Dracula) was off limits since now that IGA is gone you would think they would not care, after all they showed us that Leon Belmont (who was also a IGA creation) is in the anime's canon so why make Mathias off limits?

I personally don't care if Mathias is off-limits as he was never the true CV Dracula to begin with. And you'll note that the Mathias Cronqvist name only ever appeared in LoI and was never used in any other IGAvania since (don't know about Judgement though). Maybe that was also Konami's doing as they probably didn't agree with IGA on that front. Speculation of course but interesting none-the-less.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 02:01:27 PM »
What if the Netflixvania gets a pachislot game before it gets a third season?
Good point.  We’re about due for a new pachislot game lol.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 03:28:52 PM »
Did they replace Trevor Morris yet? I hope so.
The worst monsters are human.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 01:56:19 AM »
+1
:)

I personally don't care if Mathias is off-limits as he was never the true CV Dracula to begin with.

Subjective but whatever, to each their own I suppose, I will always stand by IGA's interpretation since he is the only one who at least ATTEMPTED to make a coherent story out of the series the best he could.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »
The most interesting part is Konami actually drawing a "red line" on the use of Mathias Cronqvist which even the writers of the show thought was weird since Konami apparently has been cool with them adapting and putting their own spin on the IP.

As it stands now my only conclusion is that maybe they wanted the anime team to keep the "door open" for the origin of this version of Dracula and thus having the writer throw away the name to a completely different character may have not been a wise move in Konami's eyes.

I think you misunderstood ( or maybe I did...) but I think they said no to having an unrelated and new character (which was Godbrand) named Mathias Cronquivist. If he wanted to tell the origin story he could have got green light in adapting Mathias to become Dracula. It’s just using a name so important on the lore on a random original character which was off limits for Konami ( and I’d agree with them )
t

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 12:22:49 AM »
I think you misunderstood ( or maybe I did...) but I think they said no to having an unrelated and new character (which was Godbrand) named Mathias Cronquivist.
t

Yea you misunderstood dude, I completely understood that, hence this part of my post,

Namely the part of my post about Konami not possibly wanting them to use Mathias Cronqvist on a completely different character (aka Godbrand) and why it may have not been a seen as a wise move on their part hence them blocking it.

So in short yes no misunderstanding here my main point was speculation on WHY they would not want them to waste that name on Godbrand.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 07:04:18 AM »
Yea you misunderstood dude, I completely understood that, hence this part of my post,

Namely the part of my post about Konami not possibly wanting them to use Mathias Cronqvist on a completely different character (aka Godbrand) and why it may have not been a seen as a wise move on their part hence them blocking it.

So in short yes no misunderstanding here my main point was speculation on WHY they would not want them to waste that name on Godbrand.

Sorry then, totally misunderstood with you meant on the second part of your post ^^’

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 09:00:54 PM »

Presumably they've been working on the concepts for the show penned all the way back in 2007, when IGA was producer and Ellis had to get approval through him. I recall he had to scrap and start over about seven times. I remember we've known about the goat fucking line, the one that appears in the first episode of the first season for nearly a decade now.

I think it's amazing to see they kept things in place for when this was planned to be three animated films released on DVD instead of starting all over with Netflix's support.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 01:46:55 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/anime/amp/2019/11/02/castlevania-director-shares-season-3-netflix-sneak-peek/

Well, they just finished mixing episode 9 of season 3, so progress.

They mentioned the episode was huge, so I wonder if that is the reason they “missed” Halloween haha.  I for one don’t like binge watching, so I wish they just released episode 1 earlier and then released a new episode every week.  That’s Netflix for you though.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:49:26 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 02:33:17 PM »
Doesn’t look like there’s any hope of getting this in the next two months, but for sure 2020.  And they’re making a cool Indian mythology animation.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11/03/warren-ellis-netflix-india-heavens-forest-castlevania-season-3-2020/

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2019, 09:19:48 AM »
https://youtu.be/-InX4RVq8FA
A panel thingy. Season 3 teaser was shown at the end, but it was censored in this video. Anyone know of any leaks of that particular teaser?
Gotta get away

Tags: