Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 269978 times)

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Music you've been digging lately
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 07:02:36 PM »
I've been playing and replaying a classical version of bloody tears lately.

Where did you find it?

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 08:52:42 PM »
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 03:52:44 AM »
Hypocrisy - Solar Empire
I always like it better when the vocalist for these guys uses a more gutteral voice, but this song is so damn catchy. I've always loved how Hypocrisy always has good melodies and stays somewhat heavy.

White Zombie - Creature of the Wheel
Oldie but a goodie. I love slow, grinding stuff like this during workouts. Just seems to fit well, for some reason.

Morticians - Deathstars
I heard this one back when Audiogalaxy was still around. It was awesome, because you could sign up to music groups and people would just put random, unknown stuff in your queue (even though they weren't supposed to). It was an awesome way to discover new music and it's how I found this. I miss Audiogalaxy. :(
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Neo

• COBHC
  • Dead Cat is Dead
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »
Where did you find it?

I got it through iTunes lol

But i've been listening to children of bodom's newest album recently. Came out Monday/Tuesday
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:41:12 AM by Neo »
Richter: You steal mens' souls and make them your slaves.

Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

.......Lawl

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2011, 01:48:29 PM »
On second thought, maybe I shouldn't post Yonkers...
Here's something else I've been digging.
Conception: A Million Gods
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:51:38 PM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2011, 11:23:48 PM »
Conception: A Million Gods

I've been thinking, why does that remind me of Kamelot this much? And then I realized the vocalist is Roy Khan.
Roy khan is an amazing singer, Kamelot kicks ass, and now that I listened to this band, I must say it's great as well.

The Silent Hill soundtracks are some of the best I've heard in a video game ever, thanks to the composer Akira Yamaoka, and the songs in the games are much more than "video game music". They are great songs, which could really be played on the radio or on TV.
I've been wondering who does the vocals for the songs, and found Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (aka Melissa Williamson), amazed by the fact she's not most famous for a singing career.

Her singing talent is like a hidden pearl, known only to Silent Hill fans. Incredible.
Melissa Williamson - I want love
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:54:57 PM by Citizen Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2011, 01:40:56 AM »
Saw the White Zombie mention. I've been listening to some of their stuff recently, but not the later metal era, but the older noise rock stuff.

White Zombie - Gentleman Junkie

White Zombie - Shack of Hate

Also still been digging the hell out of Iggy Pop as well as The Stooges. The latter are so great and are like the innovators of noise rock, as far as I can tell. Well, maybe Velvet Underground were, but I haven't listened to much of their stuff (yet).

The Stooges - T.V. Eye

The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog

Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell (had to post this Rhapsody link for the tune 'cos YouTube doesn't have the original Bowie mix uploaded to it, just the inferior and ear-shattering Iggy remix)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »
"Well, maybe Velvet Underground were, but I haven't listened to much of their stuff (yet)."
Oh man, one of my favorites!

The Velvet Underground - Heroin (song only)

The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat

The Velvet Underground - Lady Godiva's Operation

I wouldn't call them noise rock. It's hard for me to put a label on them, but damn, they were awesome.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »

A longer song exists out there somewhere. I could probably could have easily found something from Tool that would fit. There is probably other underground bands I'm not aware of that have comparable length songs.
"Dopesmoker" by stoner-metal band Sleep is about over an hour. Here's part 1

Sleep - Dopesmoker (Part 1/7)

[sorry for double post]

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, them's some good tunes. High time I get some Velvet Underground. Suppose I should start with the first two albums, eh?

I listened to Reed's Transformer like ten years ago when I was first getting into Bowie, and at the time, without giving it much of a listen, thought it was kinda "eh...this just sounds like Ziggy Stardust." May have to give that one a re-listen after all these years, but from the sound of things, I may like Metal Machine Music a lot more.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Juno106

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2011, 02:23:17 PM »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2011, 01:58:31 AM »
I picked up the Silent Hill soundtrack box (despite owning almost everything already, HA!), and my goodness, this song is amaaaaziiiiiing.

Silent Hill Sounds Box - Extra Music From Disc 8 -Track 29 - Recorder 2007 From The Arcade
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2011, 02:27:25 AM »
Ahh hell, man.  I think this Prince video is just about the greatest thing I've ever, ever seen and heard:
Raspberry Beret

One of my favorite musicians is Eric Johnson.  He's an incredibly talented man, and a big influence on me, personally, as a guitar player and musician.  I'm afraid that he's one of those musician's musicians, though.  That is, I think a huge, huge chunk of his audience are guitar geeks and not so much, uh... regular people, for lack of a better term.

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover - live 1990

Speaking of musician's musicians, Jimmy Chamberlin, former drummer of The Smashing Pumpkins, and my favorite member of that act.  God, he freaking kills it!  I love this dude.

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex : Streetcrawler
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 03:02:05 AM by Blue Successor »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2011, 03:46:01 AM »
My first response to this was laughter. But it's actually awesome, in a really weird way...(but still funny)
Castlevania 2 - Bloody Tears (rap remix) w/2pac

I'm not too familiar with Dillinger Escape Plan, and what little I've heard is vastly different than this one, but I love this friggin' song.
THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - "Milk Lizard"

Try as I may, I can't get this one out of my head. Belphegor are kind of hit-and-miss for me, but their good stuff, is really, really fun to listen to.
Belphegor - Veneratio Diaboli I Am Sin

This song cracks me up. The drumming sounds sloppy as hell, the vocals are really unintelligible (though the vocalist has a cool sound to his voice), and the song itself just sounds like your run-of-the-mill, generic old-school thrash song. But I absolutely love it! I'm really not entirely sure why. I like the old-school production on it, too...I'm a sucker for underproduced (but not muddy) albums.
Merciless Death - Death Warriors

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:49:24 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything