Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So there's apparently a pretty nasty Java Exploit that's been found.  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
It's recommended that you uninstall Java from your computer and disable it on your browsers until this issue has been fixed.
For more info http://www.google.com/search?q=java+exploit+news&oq=java+exploit+news&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: So there's apparently a pretty nasty Java Exploit that's been found.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:55:08 AM »
Isn't this news a tad old? What I'm getting at is, has this problem been resolved already?

Also: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9230786/Oracle_s_emergency_Java_patch_blocks_zero_day_exploits_researchers_confirm
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:01:10 AM by P/\/\\/o »
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
Ahh well if that's the case then good. I still removed it from my computer and browser anyway since I don't really use it, and there was apparently another big problem with it back in August. So better safe than sorry about this and any possible future security issues related to java.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 01:48:19 AM »
I only use Java for one game site I play on, other than that I never have use for it.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 08:34:18 AM »
+1
I would be more surprised when there isn't an exploit for Java out. o_O /c++ftw!

Tags: