Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821107 times)

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #465 on: May 21, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »
+2
This thread is all over the place. Iga vs. Cox, MoF speculation, Ecclesia discussion, and now console wars. I wonder what's next.

On topic. I hope there's a chance that somebody who worked on previous Castlevania games, other than Cox, will have some involvement in this.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #466 on: May 21, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
If Castlevania is really coming to WiiU, wow. Man, I wonder what new approach they'll take with it. They have to be doing something with that screen in the middle of the controller.

If it's a port of LoS2, I imagine it'll be an alternate way to display content that's in the PS3/360 versions.

Maybe it'll be used for the 3DS connectivity stuff.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #467 on: May 21, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
just like how we were talking about OoE's story, we're just passing time till the rumors come true, no harm in that.

the 3DS may have outsold previous Nintendo handhelds it's first year, but apparently they still think it underperformed or else they wouldn't have dropped the price so drastically & so fast. perhaps Sony should consider a similar tactic with the Vita, I dunno

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #468 on: May 21, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »
I wonder if Shanoa will make a cameo in some form or another.

We can dream.  :P

Or Devil Forgemaster Issac. D:

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #469 on: May 21, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
I wonder if Shanoa will make a cameo in some form or another.

We can dream.  :P
Shanoa would be awesome.

What has me more excited is that the sequel supposedly stars Simon friggin' Belmont!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #470 on: May 21, 2012, 08:16:39 PM »
Simon, in his full CV1 regalia, hammering the crap out of ET SUNT DRACUL could possibly be too glorious to contain on a PS3/360 disk.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: May 21, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »
just like how we were talking about OoE's story, we're just passing time till the rumors come true, no harm in that.

the 3DS may have outsold previous Nintendo handhelds it's first year, but apparently they still think it underperformed or else they wouldn't have dropped the price so drastically & so fast. perhaps Sony should consider a similar tactic with the Vita, I dunno

I'd wager it was a misunderstanding of the mobile market. Until now, they've been able to sell all of their consoles at a profit, which proved to be extremely profitable with the Wii. However, now that smartphones have such a large portion of the mobile gaming market, handhelds have to distance themselves by being higher performance (read: more expensive).

So with arguably cheaper technology available in order to get one's mobile gaming jollies off, handhelds have joined home consoles in the "lose money on hardware, earn it back on software" strategy.

Thus, with the Vita, which is already losing plenty of money with each system, a pricecut can be extremely risky, as opposed to the 3DS which was getting cut from already being profitable.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #472 on: May 21, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »
+2
Simon, in his full CV1 regalia, hammering the crap out of ET SUNT DRACUL could possibly be too glorious to contain on a PS3/360 disk.
It would be awesome if they go for a look close to his CV1 design instead of the LoS prototype.

I'm starting to get in over my head now with excitement, damn.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:21 PM »
It would be awesome if they go for a look close to his CV1 design instead of the LoS prototype.

I'm starting to get in over my head now with excitement, damn.

Agreed, seeing as his LoS prototype was used for Gabriel

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: May 21, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »
there's still nothing to get too excited over Oswald

no screenshots no logo just WORDS

and a wolf

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: May 21, 2012, 08:23:48 PM »
there's still nothing to get too excited over Oswald
Why do you keep calling me that.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #476 on: May 21, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
+1
Shanoa would be awesome.

What has me more excited is that the sequel supposedly stars Simon friggin' Belmont!
Isn't it Trevor?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: May 21, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
+2
Isn't it Trevor?
Trevor is supposedly in Mirror of Fate.

I wonder if they'll make a special edition model of the 3DS for Castlevania.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:27:49 PM by OSM »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #478 on: May 21, 2012, 08:29:29 PM »
Trevor is supposedly in Mirror of Fate.
OH NOES

I want Trevor in HD damnit!  :'(

Simon still rocks though

In other topics: Do you think Mercury could get more experimental with storytelling? I hope they abandon their Level/Cutscene/level/cutscene style and make it more dynamic a la Arkham games or The Witcher (Multiple playable characters from different perspectives could be neat )
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:33:10 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #479 on: May 21, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »
Wait, so is Ps3/360 still getting anything here? I dont wanna have to buy new consoles for this... :C

Is it going to be ps3/360 AND WiiU for the same game, ports? or different games..? what?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:35:03 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: .....?