Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821235 times)

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2012, 05:05:01 AM »
If E3 has trailers for BOTH these games, I'm probably gonna pee myself. But in a good way.

Paul Gale says, "do expect to see these games playable at E3 2012", so I don't know what you're going to do!  Haha!

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05/21/its-time-to-share-the-wii-u3ds-game-that-paul-gale-network-hinted-at-2011s-final-hour-castlevania-mirror-of-fate/

edit: Paul, on who's involved, "Mmm, the people that are involved and the graphical presentation [cel-shaded?] will have to wait until E3."

This is not completely ruling out IGA (or Kojima).  Hopefully he's not rolled out on-stage for a bit-part role (he does deserve more than that for all he's done over the years), but who knows??

Further edit: looking at all the bollocks/furore over the IGA vs. Cox/Mercurysteam in much of this and the NeoGAF thread, it wouldn't suprise me if there was more effort made to include IGA in some of this.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:18:30 AM by The Silverlord »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2012, 05:12:46 AM »
+5
By the way, those who don't want to sift through the pages can just visit the main site. I added a blurb on the What's New page about these allbut-confirmed rumors.-
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2012, 05:37:34 AM »
+6
If both Cox and IGA takes the stage at E3 and presents Mirror of Fate I'll LOL. It would instantly end the whole Cox vs. Iga debate. A part of me hopes that they're making the game together, just for the lulz.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2012, 05:40:39 AM »
Playable?! So we might get more than just trailers now! That's good news. It'd be great to see the game mesh all the great things from the 2 different timelines and appeal to the fans of both sides. That's what I'm really hoping for.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #544 on: May 22, 2012, 05:43:21 AM »
Interesting, so it's still unknown who is developing the game? I still think that comment from Cox on the rumor has some relevance. 

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #545 on: May 22, 2012, 05:45:23 AM »
How about a Castlevania game in which the storyline establishes BOTH timelines? Something about an event that rips time in two. Or maybe something along the lines of Gwyneth Paltrow in "Sliding Doors"?

(Can't believe I just wrote that. I need to lay down.)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #546 on: May 22, 2012, 05:48:08 AM »
1,5 year of development? They did not wait long after the release of LoS before starting it!

2 playable characters? Trevor/Simon and Alucard?

Also, Iga+Cox would be awesome.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #547 on: May 22, 2012, 06:05:06 AM »
Wait, this was the same game Paul Gale was teasing back in 2010? This creates an interesting situation: he said back in 2010 that IGA was working on this very game..

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2010/12/21/koji-igarashi-working-on-new-castlevania-for-3ds/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #548 on: May 22, 2012, 06:08:56 AM »
Wait, this was the same game Paul Gale was teasing back in 2010? This creates an interesting situation: he said back in 2010 that IGA was working on this very game..

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2010/12/21/koji-igarashi-working-on-new-castlevania-for-3ds/

Maybe IGA was an adviser on the 3DS project, much like Kojima was with Lords.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #549 on: May 22, 2012, 06:14:02 AM »
If both Cox and IGA takes the stage at E3 and presents Mirror of Fate I'll LOL. It would instantly end the whole Cox vs. Iga debate.
That, or both camps could scream heresy and swear themselves off CV forever. LOL
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #550 on: May 22, 2012, 06:15:30 AM »
+3
Mirror of Fate sounds more lika an IGA game to me. As does the "camera" gimmick. It would also explain why Cox wrote "wrong end of the stick" on twitter when asked about this game...

What do you think?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #551 on: May 22, 2012, 06:19:10 AM »
Mirror of Fate sounds more lika an IGA game to me. As does the "camera" gimmick. It would also explain why Cox wrote "wrong end of the stick" on twitter when asked about this game...

What do you think?

Maybe IGA is the head of the 3DS game that Mercurysteam's portable team is making while Cox and the other half is making the console game.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #552 on: May 22, 2012, 06:19:34 AM »
I myself would not mind a Mercury Steam/IGA team collaboration project, myself. Maybe Cox and the guys at Mercury Steam believe IGA's team to deliver on the portable front, so there's no need to replace them like there was for consoles.

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #553 on: May 22, 2012, 06:28:37 AM »
+1
im sure all of us remember iga talking about how the tech in the 3ds is quite intriguing and how he would love to use it from the 2010 article.

the other reveal from the PGN is pretty interesting. but im not quite sure how i feel about the sound of the camera mechanics. If they truly are in playable stages in development E3 Cannot come fast enough!

"Castlevania: Mirror of Fate

- Nearly a 1.5 year development cycle.
- Stars two different playable characters.
- Features co-operative play with the prospect of 3DS and Wii U being able to interact with each other.
- The game is indeed a 2D Castlevania experience.
- Like mentioned in the rumor PGN received back in 2010, the goal was to find creative ways to utilize the 3DS’ cameras and this has been achieved in part due to the very name of the game, “Mirror of Fate”.
- The forward facing camera will act as a mirror and the outward facing cameras will come into play for a new puzzle solving mechanic.
- A Wii U version of the same game was in contention when I reported the “shocker” announcement in 2011, but has since become Konami’s decision to give the system one Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 (not exclusively, however, as other platforms will too see a release, including Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita).
- More interestingly perhaps, was the idea that Mirror of Fate on Wii U would be the same game as its 3DS brother, treat the U-Control as the 3DS’ bottom screen and your TV as the 3DS’ top screen, be able to play the game across both platforms, use the Wii U’s forward facing camera as a mirror to “capture your reflection and reveal your fate”, and so on.
- Instead, Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 on Wii U will be a different game which was safer for Konami, since it could 1) be an upgraded port of the Xbox 360/PS3 build and 2) still be able to retain some of its originally intended plans when it was Mirror of Fate, including some 3DS connectivity.
- The development of Wii U’s own ground-up Castlevania sku could still happen, I’m being told."
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #554 on: May 22, 2012, 06:43:51 AM »
+1
Super happy that this coming out for all the systems.
( by this I mean castlevania in general)...

More companies should do this, big brand names that have been on numerous consoles should be on every system!

Tags: .....? 

anything