Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821182 times)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1080 on: May 24, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »
Maybe we'll see the birth of a new IGA.

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! ;)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1081 on: May 24, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
+1

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! ;)

Hehe. Don't worry, I didn't mean an actual REBIRTH of him, with the same ideas and the same vision. I meant someone brand new, preferably someone who isn't already middle-aged (no offense to them), but rather a young talented person who shakes things up a bit. Much like IGA did once upon a time (like it or not). Cause there's no guarantee that some old-timer who's been in the industry since the 80's is gonna do better than someone who was born the same year as the original Castlevania saw the light of day.

I bet young, upcoming developers game designers are struggling to get recognition in this industry, at least when it comes to classic franchises, and especially in Japan. Or maybe I'm completely wrong and judgmental. Though I heard about a young woman working for Capcom developing Dragon's Dogma, who was bullied by her older colleagues to the point where she tried to take her own life.  :-\

Not that Dragon's Dogma is a classic franchise. Or even a franchise at all.

But anyway.
I HAVE FAITH IN TEH YOUTH!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:46:11 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1082 on: May 24, 2012, 05:05:57 PM »
+2
Though I heard about a young woman working for Capcom developing Dragon's Dogma, who was bullied by her older colleagues to the point where she tried to take her own life.  :-\

Are you kidding me!? That's horrible! Where did you hear that? I fucking hate bullies.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1083 on: May 24, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »
+1
Are you kidding me!? That's horrible! Where did you hear that? I fucking hate bullies.

http://kotaku.com/5911353/japanese-game-developer-apparently-harassed-so-much-she-attempted-suicide

I hate it too. And it's so sad that for some it doesn't even stop when they grow up.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1084 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »
+1
http://kotaku.com/5911353/japanese-game-developer-apparently-harassed-so-much-she-attempted-suicide

I hate it too. And it's so sad that for some it doesn't even stop when they grow up.
Of course it doesn't stop. Sadly, every one of my jobs I've every had always had some asswipe that tries to start shit with people. The saying goes, "Old fools were once young fools.". Sometimes people just don't change.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1085 on: May 24, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »

That was depressing to read about, poor girl. If what she claims is true, I hope she gets every bit of her settlement.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1086 on: May 24, 2012, 06:31:23 PM »

Read it now it is offical well more capcom is the devil of video games. That not right it's a team effort if anything the people that did that should get fired. And what is it about HR not doing anything what the hell and who says this to someone who was working hard: "Even if the database is a success, you are worthless to the team." WTF really what the hell.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1087 on: May 24, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
Wow, that was jackassery at its worst. Did the story garner any public reaction from Japan?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1088 on: May 24, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

hey shelverton I was just watching Alphaomegasin while reading this I sent him a message I wonder if he would do a rant on this seeing as he hates capcom currently.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed- Castlevania: Mirror of Faith(fate?)
« Reply #1089 on: May 24, 2012, 07:08:44 PM »
+2
I didn't see much of Super Castlevania IV in Lords of Shadow besides the whip swinging and gloomy/dreary environments. He boasted that IV was his bible for LoS's development.

I saw tons of SCvIV in LoS. But perhaps I just have a bigger imagination (that's not meant as an insult)
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1090 on: May 24, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »

I read that story --so sad...  But just a few thoughts to fill in the blanks...

The Japanese job market has been very tight for a very long time --competition is fierce.  If you live in Japan, doing your best work to keep your job is *very* serious business.  When people are a dime a dozen, they become disposable.  Japanese owners, suits, and managers have had the luxury to exploit their employees for maximum productivity and profits for nearly a generation --and that's a tragic thing...  Creating a positive work environment with good pay and benefits is a much higher priority in robust economies, where businessmen are so desperate for help they'd hire deadbeats off the street just to show up and wash a few dishes...

Thank God this woman has a right to sue --hopefully some of her fellow workers will have the courage to support and verify her claims in court.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:26:14 PM by cecil-kain »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1091 on: May 24, 2012, 08:50:59 PM »
So tomorrow, supposedly screenshots are going to go up for this game. At least that's what rumors have said.

Crossing those fingers.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1092 on: May 24, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »
+3
Crossing those fingers.
I think I'll break my fingers doing that.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1093 on: May 24, 2012, 10:23:15 PM »
Well i never did get to finishing my fan game, as the director, I didnt bother listening to much of the fans, now a days though, the companies wont take the risks they did back in NES time, Sure IGA has done well, my only true gripe with LoS was lack of familiar music, to set the tone, the music box wasnt enough to satisfy me, im curious though to see where they'll take this, and hopefully some nods to the original series but im holding my breath till I see what goes on with these two games, when your at the helm of a major franchise like castlevania, you can either win fans, or break them, so lets hope they get this one right, well the whole battle with lucifer in the first LoS made more sense kinda then just how LoI was but both games have their merits, so im curious if IGA is still doing he games along side MS or has MS taken the reigns, or Kojima for that (tho tbh I hate MGS)
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1094 on: May 25, 2012, 12:42:12 AM »
+1
If this is all true, and the 3DS Cv is a good game, I'm gonna be forced to get a 3DS :P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:47:43 AM by Vampire Killer »
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Tags: .....? 

anything