Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?  (Read 106372 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2020, 08:35:20 AM »
Yeah neobelmont use to post quite a bit

Wrong quote, looking to delete, me a dummy LMAO
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:41:36 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #301 on: November 14, 2020, 08:38:36 AM »
What happened to Laina  and Neobelmont? Haven't seen any posts from them since I've been back.

I live, bitches...

With Uzo actually - we’re going on nearly 5 years now. ???? We have kitties, a doggo & an orphaned chicken we’re raising. It’s pretty rad.

How you’s guys doin’? :3
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #302 on: November 14, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »
Hey, congratz on your five years!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2020, 10:00:17 PM »
Laina! I missed you. :)

5 Years! Congrats!!

I needs pictures of the animals. hehehe

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »
Wow, that's awesome! Glad both of you are doing well :D :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #305 on: November 17, 2020, 11:54:57 AM »
+1
I had forgotten you were with Uzo, I forgot where I found out you two were together, old age is starting to make me forget details like that.

I know a couple old members that used to post here, but they haven't been around here in ages.

Ed Oscuro- occasionally posts at Shmups forum, but even that is not as much as he used to do there.
PinkFloydGuy, aka PFG, posts on Facebook in the Shmups community there. He is on my FB friends list for years now.

Myself, I hardly post anywhere anymore despite being on still quite a few forums. I post periodically, the older I get, the busier I get, and the Big 5-0 is less than 5 years away for me. I am on this channel's Discord, as well as a few other Discords (Gradius Homeworld, Shmups, Atari Age, a couple wrestling communities, and another Gradius Discord channel), try to check in on those more often as I have constant access to them with my cellphone. I do hit Youtube more, but that's because I am always window shopping to remember what good old retro games to get for my collection, and I like to correct those wrong on old game facts.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #306 on: February 14, 2021, 02:36:53 PM »
I remember,
There was a guy who was making a big mod or overhaul of SotN. It was a real ambitious thing I remember, but he didnt like when people criticized some of his changes or would suggest that some ideas were bad ideas, and I remember he just would take all criticism like that real badly, and essentially stay his course, with the "lmao you dont know what you're talking about" mentality.

Who was that?

For that matter, whatever happened to his project i wonder? If I remember, he eventually left here, to continue his project

(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2021, 04:43:05 PM »
I remember,
There was a guy who was making a big mod or overhaul of SotN. It was a real ambitious thing I remember, but he didnt like when people criticized some of his changes or would suggest that some ideas were bad ideas, and I remember he just would take all criticism like that real badly, and essentially stay his course, with the "lmao you dont know what you're talking about" mentality.

Who was that?

For that matter, whatever happened to his project i wonder? If I remember, he eventually left here, to continue his project
You're thinking of Esco. Haven't checked on him much lately, but he has a yt and a patreon for funding his fangame: https://www.patreon.com/sotnhacked
And he didn't exactly "leave" as much as he was banned. Some forum drama, don't really remember, older dungeonites would know stuff like that.

Don't really know much about that Flame fellow tho.
Edit: well i sure as hell can't read for shit
Gotta get away

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2021, 11:16:45 PM »
@Holy Diver

Esco was banned because he went too far with his bulls**t. He even threatened Jorge's life on top of that. I can still remember it quite clearly as I don't forget that kind of crap. The internet can and does bring out the worst in people, especially those whom lack even the most basic self-control.

I feel that his asking for funding to put together a sotn hack is a bad idea. It's not even his game to begin with, it's Konami property and I don't think it'll be long before he's hit with a C&D order should they find out. But I can guess what'll happen; he'll ignore it if his past attitude is anything to go by and he'll get into real trouble. I could be wrong though since a hack is not something Konami made *shrugs* so who knows. But Esco could use a bit of Karmic retribution in his life as he was asking for it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2021, 08:40:04 AM »
It's insane how long Esco has been working on that project. Though he was an asshole, and didn't listen to any feedback, I have to admit, I am quite impressed with what he has accomplished on the project. As well, he managed to get some seriously talented sprite artists to create the custom animations. They look like genuine animations that were created by the original artist - they fit in very well with the original graphics.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #310 on: February 15, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »
Don't really know much about that Flame fellow tho.
Edit: well i sure as hell can't read for shit
;)

also damn, he's still working on that? wow.

EDIT: then again, JKB Games is *still* working on his Mega Man X fangame after just over a decade
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 12:56:35 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #311 on: February 15, 2021, 01:39:53 PM »
;)

also damn, he's still working on that? wow.

EDIT: then again, JKB Games is *still* working on his Mega Man X fangame after just over a decade
Wait, what was that one called? Was it MMX Corrupted?
Gotta get away

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: February 15, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
The latest video that Esco posted on his progress with SotN hacked;

https://www.patreon.com/posts/46945742

lawl @ him using Animation Shop to create animations! I still use that too, haha :D

I had never heard of MMX Corrupted, and I'm just checking it out online now. It seems ... interesting. It's obvious that a lot of time and effort was put into it. I think that X's helmet looks ... a little silly (?) though?

For so many of these projects I only have to wonder if the time and energy was spent on creating new IPs, the creators may be able to share a in a little bit of success for all the time and energy that's devoted to projects of these scopes. But I guess that's not why they do it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: February 15, 2021, 05:14:04 PM »
And speaking of sprites Sonic_Reaper, that is an impressive Richter you got going on there  :o

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: February 15, 2021, 06:14:59 PM »
Thanks man. I was curious what the Rondo/SotN sprites would look like at 2x their original size while still maintaining the same original style. I made a few different frames here and there (though this was years ago).

Tags: