Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?  (Read 106325 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?
« Reply #315 on: February 17, 2021, 10:42:17 PM »
You're thinking of Esco. Haven't checked on him much lately, but he has a yt and a patreon for funding his fangame: https://www.patreon.com/sotnhacked
And he didn't exactly "leave" as much as he was banned. Some forum drama, don't really remember, older dungeonites would know stuff like that.

Don't really know much about that Flame fellow tho.
Edit: well i sure as hell can't read for shit

I remember that guy. Like Flame said, I remember how thin his skin was when it came to constructive feedback. Yeesh.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2021, 09:59:07 AM »
+1
PinkFloydGuy, aka PFG, posts on Facebook in the Shmups community there. He is on my FB friends list for years now.
I still come around here a few times a year.  Still play Castlevania all the time.  It would be cool to see all the old regulars here again, but I haven't heard from a lot of the old gang for many years.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2021, 07:53:08 PM »
I still come around here a few times a year.  Still play Castlevania all the time.  It would be cool to see all the old regulars here again, but I haven't heard from a lot of the old gang for many years.

A lot of the old regulars got married, got kids, disappeared. Some I've not seen in ages, or have heard anything from. Guess our generation of posters all got old and moved on.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2021, 10:09:21 PM »
S'pose they could still chime in when we least expect it. They are still registered aren't they?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2021, 11:36:42 AM »
A lot of us just lurk now. It doesn't help that Castlevania doesn't have as much activity as it used to (unless you talk the anime series or erotic gambling machines). But it's also as Blood said: there's a lot going on in our lives that wasn't there 15 years or so ago when these forums first opened.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2021, 05:39:51 PM »
Yeah, I'm married now with two kids and zero free time.  It happens. I would spend more time here, but like Darkmoon said there isn't much CV activity these days.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: February 24, 2021, 08:54:27 AM »
Like the creeper that I am, I also lurk from time to time  ;D
I think the ICVD was the first place that felt like an "online" family where people were just shooting the shit about the most random of things. So it's hard to let go of something like that completely. And I think for most of us, there's no desire to, it's just that we don't have the same amount of free time to check in and participate as much as we used to.

At the same time too, the amount of options for message-board style platforms on the internet has asploded. I spend way too much time on reddit for my own good nowadays.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2021, 01:56:30 PM »
I lurk. I think about posting things then realize my borderline aspie opinions are shit so I say fuck it and go beat off instead.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2021, 06:17:01 PM »
At the same time too, the amount of options for message-board style platforms on the internet has asploded. I spend way too much time on reddit for my own good nowadays.

I spend a lot of time on Discord now. The CV Rando community is steadily growing and it's a good group.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2021, 06:49:38 AM »
I'm the admin and I end up lurking. LMAO

Most of the time I have the forum page up and if it says there are new posts, I read them.
You guys are an excellent community, such that the days of checking the forum for problems and problem-related PMs are almost non-existant.  And usually the mods got things covered.

So yeah, I lurk, but I'm here. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2021, 07:55:42 PM »
We just need the site to update at some point. When my site updates more than the official dungeon...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: March 01, 2021, 06:08:24 PM »
It might be time to revisit that topic again, LMAO.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2021, 10:24:00 PM »
I won't lie, I took some of the ideas we discussed back in 2012 and used them to make ICVD better. I'm actually really proud of where that site is now.

Offline TheSkarCrow

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #328 on: March 04, 2021, 09:34:50 AM »
Some of us hide in plain sight, with new names that are harder to pin down.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »
Some of us hide in plain sight, with new names that are harder to pin down.

Heh, yeah. I do believe Esco tried that not long ago, but his attitude quickly gave him away and was banned once more. I could be wrong here however the ego similarity was very striking.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: