0 (0%)
Black Banquet
0 (0%)
Metamorphosis 3
0 (0%)
I am the Wind
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What is your favorite SOTN bgm?  (Read 12489 times)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 03:46:03 AM »
Voted for Wandering Ghosts, but it's basically tied with WCP.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:01:32 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 07:20:03 AM »
Wow! A fellow dungeonite who likes WCP! whee~!
Yaaay! Whooo! :)

Also, you posted a great arrangement of tracks Lelygax!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »
I think Akira Yamaoka may have done the drum programming on "Crystal Teardrop". That little bit of trivia pleases me. ;D I know he contributed a little bit to the score, and pretty sure it was drum programming, and pretty sure that was a particular song mentioned. Been a while.

He's credited for "rhythm arrange" on Dracula's Castle and The Tragic Prince. Maybe you thought it was Crystal Teardrops because its percussion track is very uniquely echoing and hollow, and tends to leave an impression.

As for me, my very favourite came up in an earlier thread:

Dance of Gold, from Symphony of the Night. The grandeur of this track is palpable. It's not an empty, vacuous sort of majesty either, but a supremely confident display of sweeping motifs; the highs and the lows. The composition is allowed to breathe, and it's not chained down by a mandated action backbeat like some later Yamane tracks. It is the classiest.

I'll stick with that for the sake of producing an answer, even if it isn't nearly as clear-cut of a choice if given serious thought, due to the soundtrack's general level of quality.

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »
certainly Lost Painting, this music is so beautiful. when i hear it i feel like i was a 5 year old boy  again playing SoTN in 1999.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 07:42:40 AM »
+1
I have to choose Dance of Pales (or Waltz of the Pearls).  There are many great pieces in the game, but this one in particular always makes me breathe with wonder when I hear it.

I don’t have the words to do it justice.  It’s a beautifully measured track with impeccable arrangement.  If I put Olrox’s Quarters out of mind (which is no easy thing) I have this image of two strangers dancing in a garden beneath a full moon; the dance starts slow, hesitantly yet with elegance, and soon reaches a crescendo of euphoria.  Perhaps the two may become lovers.

I’ll never have a go at the Renaissance/Victorian architecture introduced under the likes of Symphony/Metroidvania games under IGA tenure (or thereabouts) because locales like Olrox’s Quarters with the Dance of Pales BGM really stand out as some of the series’ greatest triumphs.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:45:23 AM by The Silverlord »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 08:15:38 PM »
I do like the saturn version of drac's castle, that little Umph at the end somehow gives the whole song more energy.

I voted for wandering spirits, I love the midi power spanish guitar even better which pushed my vote

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles