Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Difficulty  (Read 11955 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
Maybe because its the first Metroidvania (Im not counting SQ because its another story) and they discovered its super easy only after lauching the game. If they are a little less lazy they could add this in the PSP port.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »
Probably Dracula X or CV3

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 06:00:51 PM »
+1
I rather wish you didn't have to go through regular mode to unlock hard mode in games.  I understand having to unlock story-related modes like Julius/Sisters Mode but I think it's kind of annoying for skilled players (which I would NOT count myself amongst XD) who want a challenge right off the bat.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »
Me too Gaawa, it seems that they force this on us as "replay factor" on purpose
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 01:40:59 AM »
Well, developers want to brag about their game's replay factor, so they do it cheaply by unlocking hard mode after you're done with the game.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 02:32:03 AM »
I think the hardest games would be (in my personal experience) these ones...

* Haunted Castle (was able to beat it in the easy version, emulating it and saving states... otherwise it seems impossible).
* Castlevania III (beat it, but spent a lot of nights doint it).
* The Adventure (because of the character and some very difficult passages of auto-scroll in-game).
* The Adventure: Rebirth in Hard Mode (I should mention it, since that's the way I've always played it; I find the normal mode too easy for a classic game, so I always choose hard).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 05:27:33 AM »
* Castlevania III (beat it, but spent a lot of nights doint it).
u are not alone with this qualm. my gf says she falls asleep easier while i play it or LoI. Im just going for all of the endings so its taking me a while. Luckily i have an emulator on my iPad that allows me to use my Wii remote! (poor thing was getting dusty)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 01:26:08 AM »
u are not alone with this qualm. my gf says she falls asleep easier while i play it or LoI. Im just going for all of the endings so its taking me a while. Luckily i have an emulator on my iPad that allows me to use my Wii remote! (poor thing was getting dusty)
That sounds so cool! My poor old phone only supports Order of Shadows and the 2 Sorrow games, and I suck playing with the phone numerals.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 02:04:50 AM »
That sounds so cool! My poor old phone only supports Order of Shadows and the 2 Sorrow games, and I suck playing with the phone numerals.

It actually depends on the phone. Based on my experience, flip phones are better for those old java games.
But the experience is still the best with handhelds or tablets if you want on the go gaming.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 06:57:55 AM »
+1
I beat Adventure on the highest difficulty today.

So, that game is my bitch now.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »
I beat Adventure on the highest difficulty today.

So, that game is my bitch now.
I admire your skill, this is the only title I have played and been unable to beat, once. I haven't touched for some time but that game is as deadly as holy water is to my flesh. Excellent!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags: