Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Remember me...  (Read 3256 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:28:41 PM »
So, this isn't as terrible as my subject line may make it seem (though what I have to say is bad)...I just never know what to do with the subject line.

I'd like to ask everyone to keep me in their thoughts/prayers/etc.  I'll try to keep a long story short -- I've had some health issues lately, which turned out to be because the left side of my heart is enlarged.  I had cold symptoms for about a month starting in mid-February, and the doctor thinks that somehow attacked my heart.  Due to their findings, I'm under strict orders to avoid any strenuous and stressful activity and take everything super slow and easy.  I'll see a cardiologist on Wednesday for more information.  In the meantime, I'm almost always out of breath, and my heart's resting bpm is about 110 (trying to compensate for the backflow created by the enlargement).

As some of you probably remember, I recently shared that my wife and I are expecting our first later this year, so this is bad timing.  I'm not even 30 yet...so I'll probably (hopefully!) be fine.  In the meantime, it's really rough and scary.  There may be a genetic, underlying cause.  Something similar happened to my dad a few years back, but he went months before they caught it.  He's got a pacemaker/defib now, out of work, and on a special diet.

So...your thoughts/prayers/etc. for strength, health, this whole thing to go away quickly and completely, things to get back to normal soon (very soon)...I would greatly appreciate them!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »
Man, you're in my prayers. Tough stuff.

Hopefully it was noticed early enough to have it properly treated, medicated, exercised, whatever needs to be done.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:59:33 PM »
Christ, man, that's rough. I'll definitely keep this in my thoughts and hopes, heaven knows I probably couldn't handle this.

In the meantime, just play it cool and don't let the worry get to you, lest that make it worse. Stick to things that keep you at peace or relaxed, anything to keep your mind off that stress and fear (getting a few dozen puppies and lying down with all of them at once ought to help) and inch you closer to the road to recovery. Hopefully it was nipped in the bud early enough for an easy and speedy solution. Given your age and whatnot, I'm sure that's the case, but I'm going to wish it so regardless.

Try to endure without stressing as much as you can, man. You've got plenty of support both on and off the Dungeon - don't hesitate to look for help or even just an ear to listen. You've got this.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »
Oh my. I hate it when the heart gets in trouble. I just had a crazy heart palpitation event last year and it was scary.
Heart problems don't care about the age. I already had events such as those way back in grade school.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and I hope that you will get well.

Do not stress yourself. And do not do any sudden movements.
Your family needs you to stay strong.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:14:59 AM »
Oh course I keep you in my prayers  :)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
Wow jeeze that sucks man. Hope you get better soon!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 11:52:06 PM »
Now isn't that a fine time for Mr. Disease to pay you a visit; right before your first born. Seriously man take good care of yourself and do not let anything get to you. And while you're going through this the rest of us will keep things together here for you. It's no good and no fun getting sick or the like, so I'll wish you, the Mrs. and your unborn child good luck. Don't give up.  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 12:47:28 AM »
*hugs* You'll have my best, man. Stay strong!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
You have my best of wishes. Stay strong, take care of yourself, and keep your spirits up -- if anything, you owe that to your child. Good luck!
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 04:29:20 PM »
Stay strong, man.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 12:55:03 AM »
Genetics are a bitch, mate. Overcome it, overcome it!
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline lesomaface

• Abandon All Hope
  • Hunter in Training
  • This castle is a creature of chaos...
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:50:30 AM »
We're all here for you dude. Keep up the good work and don't do anything stupid.
"Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 09:31:06 PM »
Hard news indeed. I myself have had very serious health issues over the last several years, and i am also only 32. I have some interesting information about why people are getting so sick so young. If your interested about the causes and a few things you can do to help it (tested and proven holistic solutions) just hit me with a pm. I will gladly share my knowledge with you. I doubt it will help with your current condition, but it may stop future problems from rising up on you. Our bodies can begin to fail because of genetic weakness all on their own. But it happens much faster with help from a toxic environment. Knowing what to add and everything you should avoid can be the key to changing your life.

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 04:14:27 AM »
Hopefully it's nothing.
It is bad timing you're right, but try to take it easy because the truth is that looking after yourself = looking after your family
I will keep you in my thoughts and wish you the most favourable outcome, my friend.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 10:33:38 AM »
+1
So, the cardio appointment didn’t really provide any “new” information, but it went well I guess. He basically agreed with what my regular doc had said, something viral got to my heart and damaged it a little, but with rest and meds he thinks I’ll be back to normal in up to 6 months.

Last weekend was utter misery, which it turns out was the nature of the particular heart med my regular doc started me on.  Thankfully, there are other options I can take that will work as well with lesser side effects.  For now I'm starting those, with a few monthly check-up appointments to see how everything is progressing.  Based on how things go, we'll decide what (if anything) else I need to do.

And as long as I'm super careful and alert to how I'm feeling, I'm free to try working again.  I may have to take things a little more slowly, or just alter in general how I do things at work, but it's nice to know I can at least try to get back to a feeling of "normal".

Thanks for the support, thoughts, prayers, etc.  I love the puppy idea X-D, that's just awesome!!  As it crosses your mind, I'd still appreciate them until this thing is completely cleared away!

Tags:

anything