Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania collection  (Read 149523 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 04:00:12 PM »
+2
Personally I like the Japanese horizontal-styled boxart of HoD (and Japanese GBA boxes in general) more than the American one; even though it's the same image, it just appears more vibrant and shows off Ayami's artwork in greater detail:

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »
Out of curiosity, what's the significance of those X's and O's?
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 08:59:42 PM »
+1
How many hugs and kisses the game & its creators should receive for their hard work

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2013, 10:54:30 PM »
Out of curiosity, what's the significance of those X's and O's?

Hugs and Kisses aside... They actually mean:
Plays in
gameboy advance O (means yes, O is the checkmark in Japan)
gameboy color X (means no)
gameboy x
super gameboy x

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »
That picture makes me want to post my Lydie fanfiction.

Offline CID

• Shmup-oholic
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
Personally I like the Japanese horizontal-styled boxart of HoD (and Japanese GBA boxes in general) more than the American one; even though it's the same image, it just appears more vibrant and shows off Ayami's artwork in greater detail:

Agreed. One of my favorite CV boxes.
~CID

Offline CID

• Shmup-oholic
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
So pics preferred over lists huh?
~CID

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2013, 11:04:25 PM »
Welcome, enjoy your stay and please, instead of doing double posts, edit the last one in the future. :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:07:57 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline CID

• Shmup-oholic
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
Welcome, enjoy your stay and please, instead of doing double posts, edit the last one in the future. :P

Wow, already getting ****. Thank you for the welcome and info on preferred forum etiquette here. I'll see what I can do to amend my habits. So, answer, question? No?

Edit: No disrespect BTW.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:21:58 PM by CID »
~CID

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2013, 01:35:47 AM »
+1
Pics are good, but lists are cool, too. Always nice to see what people have either way.

Soon I'll get off my ass and post my newer items I got, if anyone is interested.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline CID

• Shmup-oholic
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »
EDIT: updated with pics on the next page. Finally.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:51:23 AM by CID »
~CID

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 02:44:07 AM »
Wow...it's been a long time since I've updated. I've slowed down quite a bit on my collection, mostly because of getting burned out with doing surveys for a while meant that I had no Paypal funds to spend. But I'm getting back into it again...

I've been waiting for this one for a long, long time. I've always gravitated toward Dracula II stuff, and this is no different. I just like the oddity of this cover. The art style looks better suited for an old Disney movie than it does a Castlevania game.

A collector's card featuring the artwork found on a Nintendo Power fold-out poster. This thing cost me like $5 total, so I couldn't pass it up. And here's the back of the card:

I guess this is a Vidpro card that was used by game stores to represent titles they had in stock. I find it quite nifty.

At long last. This is another item that I've been wanting for a while. I never thought I'd actually own this one day, but the price seemed reasonable compared to others I've seen. Paid quite a bit overall, but I think I lucked out on this nonetheless. EDIT: Damn upside down pictures. Well, I'm not fixing it!  >:(

I found the Simon and Dracula variants online for a decent price. At the NECA eBay store, no less (I never even knew it existed!). And as a bonus, these ones don't have a thin coat of kitchen grease on the outside of the packaging. Oh, the horrors of living in my old apartment. I still have to find a way to clean those other ones off one of these days...

Got another promo poster. Didn't even bother with custom framing this time because it's way too expensive. It's centered, so it doesn't look too bad.

Also, inexplicably, the seller threw in this poster for free:

Both were the same size, so I put this on the staircase wall, opposite the DXC poster.

Here's a shot of everything, minus the stuff I hung on the wall and the magazine ads. I also included a few custom items. I now have two copies of Super Famicom Akumajo Dracula, only because it was being sold with one of the guide books I wanted.

I'm still in queue at Arcade Gear for the Haunted Castle VHS playthrough tape...I hope I hear from them soon. Has anyone checked out that site? I highly recommend it to anyone looking for Japanese items, CV or otherwise. I've only bought one item there so far, but it was an excellent experience.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »
+1
I'm still in queue at Arcade Gear for the Haunted Castle VHS playthrough tape...I hope I hear from them soon. Has anyone checked out that site? I highly recommend it to anyone looking for Japanese items, CV or otherwise. I've only bought one item there so far, but it was an excellent experience.

I'm in queue, too. So we are like competitors.  :)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
You're probably ahead of me, actually. I was told there was one other person they needed to hunt down a copy for before they could get me one.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 06:47:43 AM »
What's the beige-coloured thing on the left of the PC version of Castlevania? Is it a t-shirt?

anything