Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What Could've Been: James Wan's Castlevania's Dracula  (Read 2557 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
What Could've Been: James Wan's Castlevania's Dracula
« on: October 22, 2020, 08:04:05 PM »
Just read an article at Blooding Disgusting that talked about how The Conjuring 2 was suposed to have an animatronic demon instead of Valak. The designer of that demon let slide that it's look was originally to be the look of transformed Dracula in James Wan's Castlevania movie. I wanna know what you guys things:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3637978/conjuring-2-james-wan-shares-images-animatronic-demon-replaced-valak/

I gotta say, I could see some of the CV inspiration. I'm getting some CoD Drac final form vibes a bit.

Note: I believe the first concept art is of Dracula. The unsused demon from The Conjuring 2 was inspired by it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:06:34 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What Could've Been: James Wan's Castlevania's Dracula
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 06:56:15 AM »
Fascinating! I had no idea James Wan had even been considering Castlevania.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 09:55:26 AM »
That thing could definitely pass as a CV form for Dracula  :o
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 03:30:08 AM »
Looks like blacker, more humanoid-sized form of Dracula's second form from Curse of Darkness.

Tags:

anything