Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138964 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - DEMO INCLUDED!
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2014, 07:21:49 AM »
Really nice so far! Adding more ennemies would make the rooms less empty, but this isn't bad.

Don't make them too strong, as they already seem hard to kill. ^^

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2014, 04:34:55 AM »
Really nice so far! Adding more ennemies would make the rooms less empty, but this isn't bad.

Don't make them too strong, as they already seem hard to kill. ^^

Thank you!

Also I am happy to announce that currently I am working on the menu system to implement navigation only with keys. That mean no mouse. Well you can have both at the same time to nothing will be lost. It just need alot of coding.

Speaking of coding ... my coding is primitive but I figured how to do it and it will work. Unfortunately I cannot do it with arrays or other hard GM coding like the good coders. But I will manage it :)

That way people will be able to map their keys with JoyToKey and the game will be fully playable with controllers :)
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2014, 02:42:53 AM »
Can someone explain to me why I can't embed the youtube video anymore. I want my videos to be shown on the screen here but now it is just the link. I see that in my old posts it was ok but now it is not.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2014, 03:48:17 AM »
Youtube now defaults to https://, you need to change it back to http:// in the link.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2014, 04:10:07 AM »
Youtube now defaults to https://, you need to change it back to http:// in the link.

Thank you!

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »
Pretty cool demo.  Very original and off to a good start.

Got a glitch though, keeping me from making it very far after the first boss.
When I load my save game, the game can't find most of its minor enemy and hazard sound effects, so every time it goes to play one of them an error prompt comes up where I have to hit ignore or exit.  I remove my save file and then the game is fine again.
(click to show/hide)
Click to see parts of error log

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2014, 01:16:10 PM »
Pretty cool demo.  Very original and off to a good start.

Got a glitch though, keeping me from making it very far after the first boss.
When I load my save game, the game can't find most of its minor enemy and hazard sound effects, so every time it goes to play one of them an error prompt comes up where I have to hit ignore or exit.  I remove my save file and then the game is fine again.

This is very strange. I did what you said. I went to the first boss, defeated him. Then I saved my game and exit. I load the game, press LOAD and I continiue through. All enemies have their sounds and I get no errors about sounds.

I got one error but it was about the skeleton positioning and I fixed it.

Btw that message about the non existing sound, please see in your sounds folder of the game if all the sounds are there. If those sounds are not there then the game will give you errors. I player it a couple of times and all sounds load just fine. I have no idea what might've caused this.

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
Before when it happened:  I saved.  Reloaded the game and had the sound problem.  Had to beat the boss while repeatedly hitting ignore.

This time I had no problem.  I saved.  Beat the Boss.  Saved a couple more times.  Bought that black flame dagger.  Saved.  Loaded that save and everything is fine.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2014, 05:08:06 AM »
Before when it happened:  I saved.  Reloaded the game and had the sound problem.  Had to beat the boss while repeatedly hitting ignore.

This time I had no problem.  I saved.  Beat the Boss.  Saved a couple more times.  Bought that black flame dagger.  Saved.  Loaded that save and everything is fine.

It could probably be because of the old version of the game :) Right now I have a loading screen and in that loading screen I have an instance that loads ALL sounds from the sound folder so it is impossible for sounds to be missed. In the old version I remember that the file with the sounds was in the main menu so it could skip some files or something.

I hope that is not the case with the new version.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2014, 01:58:23 AM »
Guys I am posting this just to let you know that I have not given up :)

I did not make any progress during for 3 months now but I will start making the new enemies and the new boss in the Castle Park area. Also I am working on the NO-mouse thing and it works really well.

There is more work to be done but I believe I can do it.

I just hope there are not going to be any bugs that could stop the game development like crashes, memory leaks etc.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:03:56 AM by Zuljaras »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2014, 09:17:38 AM »
Keep at it, dude!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2014, 09:38:41 AM »
Guys I am posting this just to let you know that I have not given up :)

I did not make any progress during for 3 months now but I will start making the new enemies and the new boss in the Castle Park area. Also I am working on the NO-mouse thing and it works really well.

There is more work to be done but I believe I can do it.

I just hope there are not going to be any bugs that could stop the game development like crashes, memory leaks etc.

Don't give up dude!
Listen to feedback from the thread, make changes and continue.
Push yourself, it's nice to see you working on the No-MOUSE deal..told ya! lol

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2014, 09:57:51 AM »
Keep up the good work, man! :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2014, 02:14:35 AM »
I know I have not been consistent at all but it is hard to do this when I am working and when have to deal with other stuff :(

I have done the no mouse things for most stuff. Only things left are no mouse for the page moving in the menus and the useable items.

There are total of 6 buttons and the 4 arrows as controls. I used joy2key to bind the keyboard to my controller and the game plays just like any other platformer :)

I have some interesting ideas as bosses and story like Death other 3 brothers.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
Hey Zuljaras, been a while. Nice to hear the project is still going. Just take your time and do what you can.  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

anything