Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274019 times)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #630 on: October 19, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »
sorry didn't see you replyed here.
i've only used my keyboard so far i was going to set joytokey up later.
yeah this sucks i tried an older beta of your the 38mb one and the a,s,d,f,e work in it but the arrow keys don't work in that one nether.
but this one none of the keys work but for p and enter and all the warp keys on top like 1 to 0 and all f keys wish i could find out why the main keys won't work :(

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #631 on: October 19, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »
Damn dude im really sorry  :'( i've already contacted some of the users/creators of the program i use asking what would cause this, everyone points so far back to joytokey but since you said thats out im not sure.  Im going to go try this out on an XP desktop real quick and i'll post back in just a minute.  My guess is something's not jiving with windows 8.  I asked this and was told that people have had no issues using windows 8 on the program's forum...maybe its a right click, properties change to xp sp service pack fix?  I'll get back at you in a minute dude, sorry for the hassle  :-\
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #632 on: October 19, 2014, 07:45:40 PM »
Ok, that's even weirder...i ran the rar file on my old xp laptop and with the exception of a few graphical errors (old video card in it as well) the keys worked just fine man.  Maybe try right clicking, going to properties, compatibility and changing the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and different options? im not familiar with windows 8 at all so i can be much of help at the moment.  Man that sucks, i hope you get something figured out playing with the properties  :'(

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #633 on: October 19, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
i tried troubleshoot compatibility, switch it to windows 7 to visa xp still same thing:(
try to update my keyboard drivers next i guess but have to do that after work tomorrow got to get up at 4am take care and if you find a fix please let me know thanks man :)
still looking foeward to playing this hopefully.lol

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #634 on: October 19, 2014, 07:51:04 PM »
lol i feel ya dude i got an early start for work as well.  again sorry for the headache man, makes no friggin sense and is REALLY pissing me off, as i've tried it on several computers/others have tried as well and didn't have this problem.  One thing im going to try is my sis has a windows 8 computer, i'll have her try it out and see if that is where the problem sits.  I'll check to make sure my program has the latest update as well in case that maybe its some sort of program flaw that slipped through the cracks.  I'll let you know what i find out man and thanks!

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #635 on: October 19, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
thanks so much man for trying to help i really look forward to playing this game i remember having a problem back in the day with trying to gets Jorge D. Fuentes Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse to run but then i had an old shity pc now i have a top of the line pc a year old and i can't play the same game made by someone else.lol  GRRRR lol sucks anyway thanks again

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #636 on: October 20, 2014, 07:17:52 AM »
No prob for windows 8 nor using the keyboard.

Running: Alienware X51 R2

Intel(R) Core (TM i7-4770 (CPU) @ 3.40 GHz

8 GB RAM

64-Windows 8

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #637 on: October 20, 2014, 10:50:17 AM »
i tried troubleshoot compatibility, switch it to windows 7 to visa xp still same thing:(
try to update my keyboard drivers next i guess but have to do that after work tomorrow got to get up at 4am take care and if you find a fix please let me know thanks man :)
still looking foeward to playing this hopefully.lol

i tested this in a XP sp3 intel core 2 with 1gb RAM aond works fine, except the graphical bugs due to old video card..

You've tried the ctrl+Y option to change the key configuration?

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #638 on: October 20, 2014, 12:00:57 PM »
266 MB!
(click to show/hide)

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #639 on: October 20, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »
Sorry but it's nearly unplayable. :( The hitboxes are really bad (especially Grant's and his weapons) and the animations aren't too good either. There is also really bad style clashing. Could you let me see all the sprites/animations for the game in a big folder file? I wanna try and fix some stuff if you don't mind.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #640 on: October 20, 2014, 03:12:52 PM »
Sorry but it's nearly unplayable. :( The hitboxes are really bad (especially Grant's and his weapons) and the animations aren't too good either. There is also really bad style clashing. Could you let me see all the sprites/animations for the game in a big folder file? I wanna try and fix some stuff if you don't mind.

Don't take this the wrong way, but why would you need the sprites for fixing anything?

That is all in engine stuff.

Please people, provide a vid or write specific stuff that need to be fixed so Warmachine can see what you are talking about.

At least that's what I did.

To Zero's credit he did mention Grant's weapons but didn't mention which ones or what specific hit boxes.

I.E. Grant's daggers don't effect candles/enemies/the dual skeleton dragon's hit boxes need to be changed/the skeleton dragon fireballs are waay too fast/damage is too high...etc

Be honest, brutal, but please be specific.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:16:12 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #641 on: October 20, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but why would you need the sprites for fixing anything?

That is all in engine stuff.

Please people, provide a vid or write specific stuff that need to be fixed so Warmachine can see what you are talking about.

At least that's what I did.

To Zero's credit he did mention Grant's weapons but didn't mention which ones or what specific hit boxes.

I.E. Grant's daggers don't effect candles/enemies/the dual skeleton dragon's hit boxes need to be changed/the skeleton dragon fireballs are waay too fast/damage is too high...etc

Be honest, brutal, but please be specific.
Thanks Darkman.  There's not much left to say other than echo what was in Darkman's post.  The sprites and animations are fine as is.  As for the style clash, it's a bit hard to add as much material to such a big game without pulling things from something OTHER than SOTN, which is definitely not what i wanted to do.  I mean, even as good as the DS versions are, there are roughly 90% of recycled SOTN material in there and that gets stale, fast.  As for the playability, this has been addressed and appears to mainly be a computer issue.  Im not exactly sure as to why, but i'm looking for the answer.  There have been varying results from many members here and elsewhere and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, ergo why i say it lies somewhere within the program.  If it were just an engine snafu, then i would be getting all (or at least most) of the same issues reported i.e controls, graphics, gameplay etc.  To all, this will be fixed and lets keep a clear mind that that's why it's beta testing folks haha, if it looks great to me, it may (and can, and has) broke on others systems, and this will help me iron out all those kinks to give you one of the best fangames around, with everyone's help and input :)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #642 on: October 20, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
i tested this in a XP sp3 intel core 2 with 1gb RAM aond works fine, except the graphical bugs due to old video card..

You've tried the ctrl+Y option to change the key configuration?

thank you eryson!
i didn't know about the ctrl+Y
that was the problem i didn't have my joystick hooked up but my psx to usb was plugged in to the usb port and the game makes it use your joystick even if you click keyboard and hit ok,
it still just marks joystick ( so 1st bug right here.lol)
anyway plugged in my psx controller and I'm playing ^__^  i guess if i unplugged the usb it might let me pick keyboard IDK yet I'll try it.
the skeleton dragon fireballs are really way too fast like darkmanx said plus you can't hit the zombies if Grant is ducking anyway thanks again eryson.
off to play and pick apart this bad ass game ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #643 on: October 20, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
thank you eryson!
i didn't know about the ctrl+Y
that was the problem i didn't have my joystick hooked up but my psx to usb was plugged in to the usb port and the game makes it use your joystick even if you click keyboard and hit ok,
it still just marks joystick ( so 1st bug right here.lol)
anyway plugged in my psx controller and I'm playing ^__^  i guess if i unplugged the usb it might let me pick keyboard IDK yet I'll try it.
the skeleton dragon fireballs are really way too fast like darkmanx said plus you can't hit the zombies if Grant is ducking anyway thanks again eryson.
off to play and pick apart this bad ass game ;D
lol thanks mgfcortez, the fireballs are going to be fixed....now haha, that has been an issue since the start that i honestly gotten used to when testing myself and needs fixed.  Keep up the input mayne  ;D

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #644 on: October 20, 2014, 04:16:36 PM »
lol thanks mgfcortez, the fireballs are going to be fixed....now haha, that has been an issue since the start that i honestly gotten used to when testing myself and needs fixed.  Keep up the input mayne  ;D

i will thanks so much again for letting me beta this i been waiting years to replay a remake of this game!
and really don't care if everything is broken in the game just as long as i get to play it again ;)
i got to play Castlevania 2 revamped now my other fav Castlevania.
there's really only 3 nes games i ever wanted to see a remake of so bad it hurts they are Zelda 2, Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest  and Castlevania 3 Dracula's curse
and Dracula's curse is number 1 so very happy to beta this 8)
now got two off my list now hopefully a big zelda fan will remake the other next
so i get to play all 3.lol

Tags: